News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

LMNO's Orphan Topic Ideas

Started by LMNO, October 16, 2012, 08:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Some people live in unfurnished Americas.  They have more Americans to live in their unfurnished America, which strikes more than a few people as odd.  Cafe Libertarians, for example, constantly scream how poor people shouldn't have kids (or even shouldn't be ALLOWED to have kids) until they are at least middle class.

This of course flies in the face of very well understood traits of humans:  The worse the conditions are, the faster people have children.  It's not because - as Libertarians would have you believe - they're stupid or short-sighted, but because millions of years of evolution are at work.  If there are less resources to be had, you'd better have the largest, strongest family out there, so you can grab those resources.  This doesn't work well in an industrialized setting of course, but evolution doesn't care.  If it works, it works, and "working well for the individual" has nothing to do with anything.

The problem is, a great many Americans believe that they SHOULD believe Libertarianism.  This is because Libertarianism is the best scam the top 1% ever devised.  "Follow our rules", they say, "and one day YOU will be rich like us."  It never works, because it was never DESIGNED to work, in fact the "rules" themselves prevent it from working, but primates believe it more and more every year.

Because primates, outside of their hind-brain wiring, don't think very much.  It's hard, and it's directly opposed to the well-being of the pack structure...Or at least the alphas shitting a bizzard of poop down on the poor, befuddled primates at the bottom.  Short version, people are DUMB.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

EXAMPLE:  People will spend all day looking at the AIN'T IT AWFUL threads, chuckling about how stupid all the OTHER primates are, and rarely post in a thread that requires any form of thinking.

CHOOSE:
1.  A thread about geopolitics/primate behavior/equality, or
2.  HONEY BOO BOO!  HAW HAW!   LOOKIT THAT THERE RUBE!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

It's the new gospel.

The old one was, "FOLLOW THE RULES, AND YOU'LL BE REWARDED WHEN YOU DIE.  IF YOU GET SHIT ON, IT'S A TEST."

The new one is, "FOLLOW THE RULES, AND YOU'LL GET RICH.  IF YOU GET SHIT ON, IT'S SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 18, 2012, 06:41:46 PM
It's the new gospel.

The old one was, "FOLLOW THE RULES, AND YOU'LL BE REWARDED WHEN YOU DIE.  IF YOU GET SHIT ON, IT'S A TEST."

The new one is, "FOLLOW THE RULES, AND YOU'LL GET RICH.  IF YOU GET SHIT ON, IT'S SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT."

The Gospel According to Gordon Gekko.

LMNO

The problem is they're both lies, as you pointed out. 

And Gekko lives by a different Gospel: "POOR PEOPLE ARE MUSHROOMS.  YOU HAVE TO COVER THEM WITH SHIT AND KEEP THEM IN THE DARK."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 18, 2012, 06:44:18 PM
The problem is they're both lies, as you pointed out. 

And Gekko lives by a different Gospel: "POOR PEOPLE ARE MUSHROOMS.  YOU HAVE TO COVER THEM WITH SHIT AND KEEP THEM IN THE DARK."

It's the same thing.  The "shit" in this case is "the American dream".

Nephew Twiddleton

Strong stuff. I might have more to add to it but ill see where the muse takes me.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

America walked through the long tunnel of revolution, civil war, the Nazi nightmare, civil rights, the cold war...and eventually came out the other side, into the light. 

But our eyes had adjusted to the darkness; we had become Morlocks. 

So we are retreating back into the darkness, walking backwards from the specters of equality, adequate living conditions, and all the other things we had built during the dark years.  The light hurts our eyes, and we have found that we prefer feudalism, fear, and squalor.

"Fuck you guys.  Seriously."
\

Phox

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 19, 2012, 04:06:21 PM
America walked through the long tunnel of revolution, civil war, the Nazi nightmare, civil rights, the cold war...and eventually came out the other side, into the light. 

So we are retreating back into the darkness, walking backwards from the specters of equality, adequate living conditions, and all the other things we had built during the dark years.  The light hurts our eyes, and we have found that we prefer feudalism, fear, and squalor.

\

Oh everyone I know is totally going to be getting a link to this post right here...

tyrannosaurus vex

\

Ben even has that "Yeah yeah. You schmucks will blow it in less than three centuries, just you watch" look on his face.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Don Coyote

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: American Jackal on October 19, 2012, 10:51:09 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 19, 2012, 10:24:29 PM
Ben loved us anyway.

Dude was a rock n roller before rock and roll.

There has always been rock n roll.  I can give you any number of examples.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 19, 2012, 11:21:34 PM
Quote from: American Jackal on October 19, 2012, 10:51:09 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 19, 2012, 10:24:29 PM
Ben loved us anyway.

Dude was a rock n roller before rock and roll.

There has always been rock n roll.  I can give you any number of examples.

YES. THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Internet Jesus

\

Plato called me in a drunken stupor last night.  Kept mumbling something about a cave metaphor. 

I told him to fuck off to his realm of forms.
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!