News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

Eris' Stitch'n'Bitch--AKA the Discordian Craft Corner

Started by Toots, January 13, 2006, 06:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malaul

I had the coolest scarf once
My mom knitted it
it was long enough to go around the neck once then hang down.
the ends of the scarf had been folded up and sewn to make lil pockets/gloves at the end

I loved that thing till it was in pieces
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Bella

I have to make a scarf for the second project in the knitting class.
I love the idea of little pockets on the ends.

Thank you for that idea.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Malaul

I ended up adding buttons to the ends when I got older this way I could secure my car keys when I wasnt wearing the scarfand didnt happen to have pockets
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Toots

Pockets are an awesome idea! My "better" half is six feet tall and requested a scarf that would be long enough to wrap around the neck twice and then hang down to the ground--both sides of it. That took for ever to knit...most likely because I used needles that were too thin.

Pay attention to needle widths when you're starting out knitting, if you use the wrong one it can totally threw your whole project out of whack. I know this well from personal experience.  :oops:

LHX, I think pockets will be a must for yer scarf no?
I'm laughing, but it's a laugh of impatience.

If you can take the hot lead enema, then you can cast the first stone[/b]
Lenny Bruce

Bella

The teacher in the class I signed up for told us what size needles to buy and also asked that everyone have a ruler with which to measure the gauge of the projects. I have a tendency to knit too tightly, so this will be a good thing.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

LHX

Quote from: TootsPockets are an awesome idea! My "better" half is six feet tall and requested a scarf that would be long enough to wrap around the neck twice and then hang down to the ground--both sides of it. That took for ever to knit...most likely because I used needles that were too thin.

Pay attention to needle widths when you're starting out knitting, if you use the wrong one it can totally threw your whole project out of whack. I know this well from personal experience.  :oops:

LHX, I think pockets will be a must for yer scarf no?

damn

this sounds like a deluxe scarf

i never had a long scarf before so that sounds intriguing

they look warm

my old scarf was dark grey
but
brown is cool too

LHX = giddy
neat hell

hooplala

I love the long scarf.

Ever since watching Tom Baker as Dr. Who as a kid I wanted the longest scarf possible - and they really are very helpful when its -40.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LHX

Quote from: Baron von HooplaI love the long scarf.

Ever since watching Tom Baker as Dr. Who as a kid I wanted the longest scarf possible - and they really are very helpful when its -40.

i fuckin hate -40
neat hell

hooplala

Fortunately, that doesn't seem to happen where we live anymore.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LHX

maybe they installed heaters in the sky somewhere

this weather is really strange
neat hell

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LHX

i cant get my hopes up for that shit anymore

LHX - is in denial about getting his hopes up
neat hell

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LHX

Quote from: Baron von HooplaHave patience.

i need to borrow somebody elses

my patience fields have seen drought lately
neat hell

hooplala

Maybe try mugging Christians??  They've been waiting for their superhero to return to save them for over two thousand years.

Now THAT'S patience.

I'll stop threadjacking now.

Please carry on with your worship of Pallas Athene.  I will be standing over there, out of smiting range.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman