News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Tennessee completes batshit process

Started by Adios, February 25, 2011, 04:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: *GrumpButt* on February 25, 2011, 07:21:05 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 25, 2011, 07:18:32 PM
Quote from: *GrumpButt* on February 25, 2011, 06:56:30 PM
I have to get the Fuck out of here.  :x

Come to Boston.

Bring BBQ.

Sure thing.

Pork or beef?

Burnt Ends, and Memphis dry rub ribs.

Also,

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 25, 2011, 07:20:01 PM
... she didn't even know that there was democracy in Greece...

To quote the Good Reverend:  EVERYBODY OFF MY PLANET.  NOW.

*GrumpButt*

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 25, 2011, 07:22:01 PM

Come to Boston.

Bring BBQ.

Sure thing.

Pork or beef?

Burnt Ends, and Memphis dry rub ribs.

Also,

... she didn't even know that there was democracy in Greece...

To quote the Good Reverend:  EVERYBODY OFF MY PLANET.  NOW.

Sure thing. I'll be right there.
*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

*GrumpButt*

Quote from: Luna on February 25, 2011, 07:27:03 PM

Come to Boston.

Bring BBQ.

Sure thing.

Pork or beef?

What is this "or" of which you speak?  Both, of course.

Ha.  I should have known better and just gotten both. :P
*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

Suu

"I'M ALL ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION AND THE BILL OF RIGHTS. PEOPLE CAN PRACTICE WHATEVER RELIGION THEY WANT EXCEPT ISLAM."
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Luna

Quote from: Princess Suu the Apostate on February 25, 2011, 07:36:31 PM
"I'M ALL ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION AND THE BILL OF RIGHTS. PEOPLE CAN PRACTICE WHATEVER RELIGION THEY WANT EXCEPT ISLAM AS LONG AS IT'S AT LEAST CLOSE TO MINE."

Fixt.

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Luna on February 25, 2011, 07:04:45 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on February 25, 2011, 07:01:52 PM
Quote from: Luna on February 25, 2011, 06:59:44 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on February 25, 2011, 06:58:54 PM
I would be all for if they widen it to include any law based on any religion  :lulz:

Ask any right-winger, ALL real AMERIKUN law is based on the Bible...

Of course, after all, without the Bible there are no morals.

If it wasn't for the Bible, we'd all still be in caves hitting each other with rocks for fun! I mean, hell, its not like there was civilization or anything before JEEBUS!

I have gotten very nearly that exact argument from people.  Seriously.

I know... me too.

I had a discussion with someone who was convinced that democracy came from Christianity. When I pointed out that Greece predated christianity... she didn't even know that there was democracy in Greece... and was surprised that democracy in Venice was predicated on the business men kicking out the Church.
:lulz: :lulz:
Ask her to find you ONE story in the Bible where the people decided to choose their own leaders or make their own laws and it worked out for the best. 

No one who has read, understood, and believes the Bible would think a representative government is a good idea.  Theocracy with a divinely appointed king or GTFO.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Pastor Miskatonic Zappathruster on February 25, 2011, 07:57:30 PM
I would be all for if they widen it to include any law based on any religion  :lulz:

If it wasn't for the Bible, we'd all still be in caves hitting each other with rocks for fun! I mean, hell, its not like there was civilization or anything before JEEBUS!

I know... me too.

I had a discussion with someone who was convinced that democracy came from Christianity. When I pointed out that Greece predated christianity... she didn't even know that there was democracy in Greece... and was surprised that democracy in Venice was predicated on the business men kicking out the Church.
Ask her to find you ONE story in the Bible where the people decided to choose their own leaders or make their own laws and it worked out for the best. 

No one who has read, understood, and believes the Bible would think a representative government is a good idea.  Theocracy with a divinely appointed king or GTFO.

Wait...you mean that isn't democracy? OHSHIT!!!!!!!!!!

Adios

It exempts peaceful practice of Islam but labels any adherence to Shariah law — which includes religious practices such as feet washing and prayers — as treasonous.

John 13:1-17 mentions Jesus performing his act. Specifically, in Verses 13:14-17 he instructs them, 14 "If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. 16 Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. 17 If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them."

I really don't think I need to cover prayer.

Damn, I love this decade.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I know... me too.

She was apparently under the impression that Christianity invented the idea that all people are created equal, which is obviously the basis of democracy. How she justified this with slavery etc. I dunno.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

Well Athenian democracy wasn't actually predicated on the idea of equality anyway (which is only a relatively recent political innovation).

It's gonna be fun the minute this gets challenged in court.  I was thinking just the other day, "it is probably a bad sign of some kind when every month offers the opportunity for another Scopes Monkey Trial for any aspring HL Menckens out there".

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Cain on February 25, 2011, 08:51:45 PM
Well Athenian democracy wasn't actually predicated on the idea of equality anyway (which is only a relatively recent political innovation).

It's gonna be fun the minute this gets challenged in court.  I was thinking just the other day, "it is probably a bad sign of some kind when every month offers the opportunity for another Scopes Monkey Trial for any aspring HL Menckens out there".

NEWSFEED!!!

Bruno

I know... me too.

Actually, I believe YHWH prefers a system of judges to kings.

1 Samuel 8 reads something like this:

Teh j00z: WE WANNA KING!

YHWH: You don't want a king.

Teh j00z: WE WANNA KING!

YHWH: You don't want a king.

Teh j00z: WE WANNA..

YHWH: FINE! HERE'S YOUR KING!   ENJOY!

YHWH: DON'T COME CRYING TO ME WHEN HE MAKES YOU ALL HIS BITCHES.

(edit -- poast fale)
Formerly something else...

Suu

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 25, 2011, 08:35:46 PM
It exempts peaceful practice of Islam but labels any adherence to Shariah law — which includes religious practices such as feet washing and prayers — as treasonous.

John 13:1-17 mentions Jesus performing his act. Specifically, in Verses 13:14-17 he instructs them, 14 "If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. 16 Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. 17 If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them."

I also believe that the Koran got this practice from Jesus as well.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Telarus

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 25, 2011, 08:35:46 PM

The gnostics believe that this passage refers to one of the stages of the "Chrism of Fire" ceremony, which included washing the feet, and then applying an Ungent (Chrism, where the term Christ comes from.. the recipe is in Exodus 30). This is why Mary Magdalene gets lorded over the other apostles after the foot-washing scene. She's the only one to have brought the Holy Annointing Oil to the meeting and had the balls to apply it and declare Iesus "a Christ". 
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!