News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Thank A Scientist

Started by [redacted], August 30, 2012, 03:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[redacted]

We hear a lot in this country that we should thank the vets. Thank a veteran for your freedom! Honk for the troops! Multiple national holidays, etc, etc.

While I appreciate and respect the veterans, what I have possibly never heard is "Thank a scientist." Thank a student of science for your freedoms... It makes sense, right? The freedom to live past thirty? Freedom from a plethora of old-world disease? Freedom to refridgerated food, air conditioning, automobiles, chairs, glass, plumbing, electricity, recorded music, computers, phones, the internet, eyeglasses, hearing aids, lasting teeth, airplanes, hospitals, even (for better or worse) televisions... Thank a student of mechanical engineering, for example, for your doors, cabinets, dresser drawers... Thank an architect for having a shelter to live in at all... Thank a student of science.

"Math is soooo boring, though, right? And school is such a waste of time. OMG, let's get drunk this weekend!"
-The average person

Obviously not everybody shares my opinion.

Don Coyote

Why do you hate AmericaTM?

Anna Mae Bollocks

I heerd they's all atheists and they's tryin ta teech our kids they is from monkeys.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ExitApparatus on August 30, 2012, 03:11:55 AM

Math is soooo boring, though, right? And school is such a waste of time. OMG, let's get drunk this weekend!

You had me until that sentence.

Communication:  failed.

Way to go.

TGRR,
Hates hyperbole more than black plague.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Thank you scientists, for giving the power to collapse civilization to complete morons.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 30, 2012, 06:25:38 AM
Thank you scientists, for giving the power to collapse civilization to complete morons.

Thank you scientists, for handing a loaded revolver to a retarded kid.

:lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Johnny

Thank you scientists, for twitter and facebook.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

OH AND:

Thank you scientists, for scientology.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

tyrannosaurus vex

Sorry, I'm boycotting scientists until they cough up what they've been promising for 60 damn years:

- Radiation-proof metallic unisex leotards.
- Flying cars.
- Rocket packs.
- Moon/Mars colonies.
- Ocean-floor cities.
- Hoverboards.
- The end of famine, disease, war, and poverty.

Remember those things? What happened there?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: v3x on August 30, 2012, 09:59:30 PM
- Flying cars.

I vote against this one.  I don't want humans driving the REGULAR cars.

Epimetheus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 30, 2012, 10:21:26 PM
- Flying cars.

Bicycles ok? (non-flying)
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Epimetheus on August 31, 2012, 12:47:15 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 30, 2012, 10:21:26 PM
- Flying cars.

Bicycles ok? (non-flying)

Do they have training wheels?

EK WAFFLR

Trikes? Not flying, but they are waterborne.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

LMNO

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on August 30, 2012, 09:49:20 PM
OH AND:

Thank you scientists, for scientology.

Thankfully, that's one thing you can't blame scientists for.