News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 02, 2014, 09:23:57 PM
I'm not even sure how far back Chicago's corruption goes.  At least the 1920s, for sure, but possibly way, way longer.

Any place that is that persistently corrupt, over that long a period of time, has some serious rot.

And yet it functions.  It's still one of the big three.  I can't figure it out, either.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Chelagoras The Boulder

I just won the 1st annual International Jeet Kun Do Comparison heavyweight grappling division.... by beating one guy. Huzzah!
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Junkenstein

What, did you beat him so badly that everyone else just thought "FUCK NO"?

Because that would be kind of awesome.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

minuspace

minuspace

Quote from: Bu☆ns on August 02, 2014, 05:14:52 AM
Quote from: LuciferX on August 02, 2014, 04:41:18 AM
Quote from: Trivial on August 02, 2014, 01:20:32 AM
You better paint some happy trees!
And just beat the hell out that brush :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: (you got it)

hahhahahha YES.  It's the best part!  but make sure you grin and look at the camera afterward.

Albre-Sympatique:

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 03, 2014, 10:07:18 AM
Quote from: Cain on August 02, 2014, 09:23:57 PM
I'm not even sure how far back Chicago's corruption goes.  At least the 1920s, for sure, but possibly way, way longer.

Any place that is that persistently corrupt, over that long a period of time, has some serious rot.

And yet it functions.  It's still one of the big three.  I can't figure it out, either.

Oh, I have no problem understanding that.  Corruption is just an older form of governance, nepotism and aristocracy all bundled up into one nice system.  Hong Kong worked remarkably well with its system...

Also, I did some checking, and the first corruption case was in 1869.  So, for about 40 years, Chicago was indeed mostly corruption free.

Sita

Mild rant ahead:

We have a budget. I told you how much there was available after taking out necessities.
First thing you do is blow past that budget (80 doesn't just magically turn into 110). Ok, can work with that...not too much over. But absolutely nothing else can be spent. That was agreed on. And repeatedly reinforced when anyone else wanted something.

then YOU decided that well....we are running out of this and this and this so go ahead and get some. Little more of that set aside money gone.
THEN you decided that more was needed. To the sum of 50 dollars. Because you were tired of what was here.

I don't want to hear a fucking complaint when come Friday we have even less than last time around after the needed things are paid  :argh!:

/rant over
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Freeky

CPD:   :eek:  D:  I hope you are okay!

Sita:  :crankey:  I feel for you.

Pope Pixie Pickle

I went to Brighton Pride, and bought lots of tea. I ended up not doing the pride party proper, because money, and then we went to eat pho.

I've started actually writing on my tea blog, and am embarking on a project to do 50 reviews of different teas, one a day. The title of this is Fifty Shades of Tea. If anyone is interested in reading it I can link it when I'm at my PC.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 04, 2014, 07:28:19 AM

I wish. The tournament was so small that there was only one other dude in my division. If anyone asks though, i'm saying i left a trail of bodies in my wake. :argh!:
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

minuspace

Quote from: Chelagoras The Lust-Driven Dickwolf on August 04, 2014, 07:27:20 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on August 04, 2014, 07:28:19 AM

I wish. The tournament was so small that there was only one other dude in my division. If anyone asks though, i'm saying i left a trail of bodies in my wake. :argh!:
At the top, competition is hard to find :)

Ben Shapiro

Phone interview for 30k/yr gig tomorrow. Thanks Roger for helping me get this far.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triggered word /b/ear on August 05, 2014, 02:05:33 PM
Phone interview for 30k/yr gig tomorrow. Thanks Roger for helping me get this far.

Anytime, Bearman.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Salty

I have been taking 5HTP and it seems to be working.

It's hard to say, but I haven't been waking up with every single person I hate running trough my mind. Even better, I can actively think about shit like that without that flat tire in my brain making a fuss.

Huzah!
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.