News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

North Korean Suicide Human Torpedoes?!?!?

Started by Da6s, April 22, 2010, 06:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-korea-sunk-south-korean-warship-killing-46-sailors/story-e6frfkyi-1225856989612

QuoteAN elite North Korean suicide squad of human torpedoes may have been involved in the sinking of a South Korean ship in mysterious circumstances.

South Korea's Defence Intelligence Command had alerted the Navy weeks ahead of the sinking that North Korean suicide squads were being deployed, according to reports in Seoul, Sky News reports

The "Human torpedo" squads were said to involve small submarines, Sky News reports.

They are navigated so close to the target that their torpedoes or explosives blow up both target and the attackers.

:horrormirth:
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Remington

"SWIM FASTER, JUN! THEY'RE GETTING AWAY!"
Is it plugged in?

Jasper

NotPublished

Guess its cheaper and lighter than using regular Torpedoes?
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: NotPubli on April 22, 2010, 10:43:17 PM
Guess its cheaper and lighter than using regular Torpedoes?

Or more cartoonishly villainous, which I'm pretty sure is Kim Jong Il's goal.

FACT.  The detained reporters brought home by Bill Clinton's visit were actually rescued from being tied to a railroad track.  FACT.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

NotPublished

No! Their balance sheets didn't equal 0, so they resorted to having less Liabilities,

.'. Shoot human torpidoes = less wage to pay
.'. Balance Sheet = 0

NP,
Saving Korea's Economy.
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Jasper

EoC, link?  That just seems outright goofy.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Sigmatic on April 23, 2010, 12:29:16 AM
EoC, link?  That just seems outright goofy.

Unavailable due to North Korea's highly insular administration.   :wink:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Idem

Quote from: Da6s on April 22, 2010, 06:38:34 PM
http://www.news.com.au/world/north-korea-sunk-south-korean-warship-killing-46-sailors/story-e6frfkyi-1225856989612

QuoteAN elite North Korean suicide squad of human torpedoes may have been involved in the sinking of a South Korean ship in mysterious circumstances.

South Korea's Defence Intelligence Command had alerted the Navy weeks ahead of the sinking that North Korean suicide squads were being deployed, according to reports in Seoul, Sky News reports

The "Human torpedo" squads were said to involve small submarines, Sky News reports.

They are navigated so close to the target that their torpedoes or explosives blow up both target and the attackers.

:horrormirth:

This seems a little iffy.  It could be something the ROK made up.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

For some reason, when I read the title, I pictured Kim Jong-Il swimming through the water like a dolphin, screaming at the top of his lungs and cracking his skull open on the hull of a ship.

Maybe I should take it easy on the paint thinner.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Pretty sure this story is legit. I believe I also saw something about it on Fox News, Huffington Post, and The Daily Mail.

BabylonHoruv

I have a friend who claims to be North Korean (ran away when she was a child, and was imprisoned by Japan as a spy, and eventually made her way to Canada) She says that the bestiality rate is astronomical and that prisoners are executed by being fed to a tiger, and often raped by the tiger as well. 

Most likely she is making it all up and is actually a middle aged shut in having a laugh at me, but its made North Korea sound way more interesting.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Juana

I have a friend in Seoul who didn't contradict it. I suppose I should ask him specifically about it, but he didn't go, "Oh, no, that was supposedly a left-over mine" or whatever else is being postulated when he saw it.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."