News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

So, my dear Reverend...

Started by leln, November 04, 2012, 12:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leln

[initially a "Rabid Wombat of the Eastern Intertubes." Now the] Glorious Peoples' Revolutionary Wombat of Wrath and Righteous Retribution.

"If you speak out of turn again, I will unscrew your neckpipe and use the resulting hole for my lavatory.  And I have one fuck of a case of the squirts today."

Luna

Quote from: leln on November 06, 2012, 12:40:18 AM
Quote from: Luna on November 05, 2012, 10:39:12 PM
People wonder why I've switched to a kindle.

E-books are problematic from the preservation standpoint (seriously, do you know how much it costs to maintain that shit in quasi-perpetuity? With the suspension of disbelief that a power surge could never possibly occur? Physical copies as backup for the win). But it's true, I won't challenge you for defacing a book that has yet to age into a historical artifact.

For now.

I get physical copies of the books I think are important...  The kindle is for the stuff I read day to day... (And I have been known to pick up the physical copy AND an electronic copy...  Dresden Files leaps to mind.)

Anyway...  If the Good Reverend was overcome with that much Holy, there should be plenty sloshing around for the topic at hand, yes?
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

dontblameyoko

Quote from: Richter, Baron von on November 05, 2012, 10:13:20 PM
it's like an episode of "Read or Die" staring Nigel, co written by Giger, Gaiman, and Dali.

:eek:
oh wow.
(with that smilie i'm going for more like "awestruck" than "shocked" btw)
BBBBP
PPBLL ~Ted Kennedy as a baby (http://beatonna.livejournal.com/116931.html)
"ty7h hg uh nmcx,m cv8t gygj jg" ~another baby

leln

Quote from: Luna on November 06, 2012, 12:27:44 PM

E-books are problematic from the preservation standpoint (seriously, do you know how much it costs to maintain that shit in quasi-perpetuity? With the suspension of disbelief that a power surge could never possibly occur? Physical copies as backup for the win). But it's true, I won't challenge you for defacing a book that has yet to age into a historical artifact.

For now.

I get physical copies of the books I think are important...  The kindle is for the stuff I read day to day... (And I have been known to pick up the physical copy AND an electronic copy...  Dresden Files leaps to mind.)

Anyway...  If the Good Reverend was overcome with that much Holy, there should be plenty sloshing around for the topic at hand, yes?

I agree. I love my Kindle, especially while commuting to school. But in the end, there's just nothing like having physical book where you can just open it up and read. No power switches, no buttons.

And I too am looking forward to the Holy.

Because at this point, fear isn't really a viable option.
[initially a "Rabid Wombat of the Eastern Intertubes." Now the] Glorious Peoples' Revolutionary Wombat of Wrath and Righteous Retribution.

"If you speak out of turn again, I will unscrew your neckpipe and use the resulting hole for my lavatory.  And I have one fuck of a case of the squirts today."

Freeky

Quote from: leln on November 06, 2012, 10:45:47 PM

For now.

I agree. I love my Kindle, especially while commuting to school. But in the end, there's just nothing like having physical book where you can just open it up and read. No power switches, no buttons.

And all the new/old book-smell a person can get?

leln

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on November 07, 2012, 04:05:17 AM
Quote from: leln on November 06, 2012, 10:45:47 PM

For now.

And all the new/old book-smell a person can get?

I'm actually rather ambivalent about the book smell issue. Some contemporary books smell borderline foul, and having had to process more than one item contaminated by cigar smoke/insects/mold/mildew/leaky barn/OHGODWHY? I don't revere the old book odor as some folks do. That being said, I understand and acknowledge the charm of the clean book scent.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Richter, Baron von on November 05, 2012, 10:13:20 PM
Quote from: leln on November 05, 2012, 08:51:51 AM
Quote from: Richter, Baron von on November 05, 2012, 02:39:22 AM
Leln

Please remain calm - put down the keys.

Now, I have no reason to believe you're going anywhere extraordinary, or up to anything bad.  ...Except for the menacing cant you have to carrying that book cradle.

You always assume the worst about me, and why? All because many synthetic book cradles are made of rigid materials that shatter on impact.

That and I saw what happened to the last person who folded over a page corner in your presence.

Poor damn fool.... they never suspect until it is too late, and then it's like an episode of "Read or Die" staring Nigel, co written by Giger, Gaiman, and Dali.

:lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."