News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

r buckminster fuller.

Started by Slarti, July 31, 2004, 04:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

curiously enough, whiel tesla was having his ac power balked at, edison was pushin his way more expensive and dangerous in every way dc power.

if course we all knwo mr. edison invented electricty tho ;)
Hell is other people.

~~~~Closed~~~~

Quote from: the lone space marinecuriously enough, whiel tesla was having his ac power balked at, edison was pushin his way more expensive and dangerous in every way dc power.

Ironic isn't it?

Not Nurbldoff

I second that "Critical Path" is an interesting read. It's the only bucky-book I've read so far but I think it's supposed to be someting of an overview of his most important work. It even has a "speculative prehistory" of humanity in it :)

I think some parts of the book are potentially-off-putting to some people e.g. those who don't understand the word "speculative" and those who have trouble with Bucky's way of new-word-inventing. But I'm sure none of these handicaps are shared by the people on this board!
Don't you have good garbage?

chaosgraves:agentoferis

just read numerology from " explorations in th geometry of thinking: synergetics"by R.buckminster fuller in collaboration with e.j. applewhite... and laughed my ass of... this is great stuff here.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

SMFabal

Quote from: the lone space marinecuriously enough, whiel tesla was having his ac power balked at, edison was pushin his way more expensive and dangerous in every way dc power.

No, Ben Frankilin invented electricity. Edison invented everything that uses electricity: the Phonograph, Light bulb (Asian invention), MovieProjector, the silicon microphone(made telephone practical), and the list goes on and on ... only about 20% of "Edisons" invention where his - the rest were patents he bought from other inventors.

Other "false" inventors:
Henry Ford
?? Marconi
Galileo Galeli (Telescope)
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

chaosgraves:agentoferis

other false inventors?!?!?

tupper

and oh what about that guy?!?!? huh what about him.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

LMNO

Ahem....

No one "invented" electricity.

They may have discovered properties pertaining to electrical current, but that's like saying Newton "invented" gravity.

gnimbley

Newton didn't invent gravity?

What's holding me to the surface of the planet then?

..... oh, no, I'm floating ......
Oops..........

Schweinepriester G.

*duct-tapes gnimbley to a rock*
I just hope this rock believes in gravity or we need an electric monk
"...it would needlessly exclude IMPS implementations that
  may utilize sub-atomic monkeys and/or multiple universes;"
RFC 2795, section 4 (Infinite-TAG)