News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 06, 2014, 02:56:15 PM
Also, I have to inquire a little further... how is it that he is working on a PhD and has no work experience? In the fields I'm familiar with, PhD training, after a year of classes, almost entirely consists of working in the field. Which means washing bottles in the lab and doing whatever else the senior grad student tells you to do. Is he in his first year? I'm almost willing to bet he's only just started, which means he is riding high on a wave of superiority that will come crashing down in his second year.

He has in fact only just begun his graduate work.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, the Christmas season is OFFICIALLY on.

Dok,
Knows the starting gun is when you hear the year's first iteration of Hard Rock Candy Christmas.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 06, 2014, 02:59:40 PM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 06, 2014, 02:56:15 PM
Also, I have to inquire a little further... how is it that he is working on a PhD and has no work experience? In the fields I'm familiar with, PhD training, after a year of classes, almost entirely consists of working in the field. Which means washing bottles in the lab and doing whatever else the senior grad student tells you to do. Is he in his first year? I'm almost willing to bet he's only just started, which means he is riding high on a wave of superiority that will come crashing down in his second year.

He has in fact only just begun his graduate work.

That'll be fun for him when he pulls his head out of his ass, or has it forcibly removed by his advisor. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 06, 2014, 02:58:59 PM
Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on November 06, 2014, 02:11:08 PM
You should ask him what his thoughts on Bill Nye are, since he only has a bachelors in mechanical engineering. Maybe he should call himself Bill Nye the Regular Guy.

He was specifically talking about Bill Nye.

I'm not exactly sure whether Bill Nye is a "scientist", but he doesn't call himself one. He's definitely a science educator, though, which lumps him firmly in the SCIENCE camp.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

If you feel like going there, he's techically the "Science Guy" not the "Scientist Guy", so unless he wants to shift the goalposts to say that only scientists can do science, he can go shit in his hat.

Faust

I'm really surprised with his attitude. Sure I've seen elitism around funding and stuff for peoples phd/msc level but to actually say anyone less then a post doc isn't a scientist is baffling.

What was the title of his thesis? Because I would be very interested in reading his valuable contribution to the scientific community and why it qualifies him as a scientist over everyone else.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 05, 2014, 08:22:33 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 05, 2014, 05:03:13 PM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 05, 2014, 04:58:39 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 05, 2014, 04:47:36 PM
Having a hoot on FB Athiest 411.

I have managed to poke a hipster into arguing that a child should always be respectful, even while being abducted.

:lol: What the shit?

There's this viral video that has a street preacher with an annoying PA system, blasting it at people in a park.  This little girl walks over and tells the guy to shut up, in about 30 different ways ("PIE HOLE SHOULD BE CLOSED" :lulz: ).  I have no idea if it was staged.

Anyway, a few of the more ukelele-minded members decided that this was terribly disrespectful, and said that anyone who disagreed was an awful parent.

I asked if kids should ALWAYS be respectful.  They said yes.  I asked if that included a kid being abducted, should the kid respectfully submit or respectfully ask to be released.

One person, a woman, said "Yes".

:lulz: and  :horrormirth:

You should show them this: http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/10/23/watch_little_girls_swear_for_feminism_fckh8_ad_girls_dress_in_princess_costumes.html

And watch their veins pop.

Oddly enough, I first saw this in TDS where several people in there were totally appalled. All the completely deplorable shit that's SOP in that hole, and pretty princesses saying fuck was just intolerable. One dude said he got so mad he had to go for a walk just to calm down.

If I were a more cynical person, I might be tempted to think it was the feminist message that was the problem--more than the OMG THE CHILDREN...
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Doktor Howl

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on November 06, 2014, 04:19:42 PM

If I were a more cynical person, I might be tempted to think it was the feminist message that was the problem--more than the OMG THE CHILDREN...

That's exactly what it was.  TDS is stuffed to the fucking gills with guys who fear women.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

HOW DARE THOSE UPPITY LITTLE BITCHES SWEET LITTLE GIRLS DEMAND EQUAL TREATMENT BE RUTHLESSLY EXPLOITED BY THE SLUT WHORE PROFITEERING FEMINAZIS MONEYGRUBBERS WHO PUT THEM UP TO THIS?

Nephew Twiddleton

I'm currently exposing Midsister to different angles to the concept of history (but not the narrative of history).

This all results from the fact that I found out that dad's hometown is also the hometown to the founder of the Mexican Army's Saint Patrick's Brigade after leaving both the British Army and the United States Army, and that dad's hometown flies the Mexican flag once a year to honor him.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Dildo Argentino

Dog no. 3 (on the right, result of a nagging four-year old who wanted a dog that she could walk without being dragged along) chilling with dog no. 2. Weight ratio: about 14. Friendliness factor: infinity and beyond.

Old dog lady no. 2 is out of frame, very pleased that no. 2 now has someone else to pester.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

ALL I WANT TO DO IS SLEEP WHY DO CHILD TAKE BATH AT 9:30????

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 07, 2014, 04:40:40 AM
ALL I WANT TO DO IS SLEEP WHY DO CHILD TAKE BATH AT 9:30????

BATHING IS MORNING STUFF, THAT'S JUST WEIRD.

YOU'RE ONLY GOING TO GO INTO BED WHERE YOU STAY PUT FOR ABOUT 8 HOURS, FART, SNEEZE, DROOL AND PROBABLY RUB ONE OUT.

LOGICALLY YOU BATHE AFTER ALL OF THAT.

Nephew Twiddleton