News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Kafka's Gauntlet, part 1

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 14, 2013, 03:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaidyn Casey

Quote from: Pæs on January 14, 2013, 08:04:42 PM

This is too awesome! Mind if I put this on my site (with proper attribution of course)?
Having and not having
both create frustration.
"Possessing" always comes served with a golden apple.
Being "The Prettiest One" cultivates pride and makes others ugly.
Not being "The Prettiest One" cultivates envy and leads to war.
Expand your definition of Self to include the Universe;
This way you can have it all with nothing to lose.
- "Chao Te Ching" Chapter 13

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm beginning to have a real suspicion, here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Pæs

Quote from: Trisha Takinawa on January 14, 2013, 08:16:40 PM
This is too awesome! Mind if I put this on my site (with proper attribution of course)?
S'up to Roger. Most of the material is his.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on January 14, 2013, 08:23:00 PM
Quote from: Trisha Takinawa on January 14, 2013, 08:16:40 PM
S'up to Roger. Most of the material is his.

Thanks, Paes, you're a gent.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Got a feeling it might end up there, anyway.  Because TGRR is not worth asking, you know?

Jaidyn Casey

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 14, 2013, 08:28:56 PM
Got a feeling it might end up there, anyway.  Because TGRR is not worth asking, you know?

My apologies. When I said (with proper attribution) I honestly meant concerning both the graphic and text.

I really did not mean to step on any toes if I did. I just get excited by the cool stuff that come out from here. If you would rather it not show up there, it won't.

Seriously Roger, I am sorry if that pissed you off.
Having and not having
both create frustration.

Jaidyn Casey

And I realize even that wasn't a good enough apology as I just failed to even ask you at all even with proper attribution.

Again, sorry. No, nothing will be on my site of yours until I ask you and you say it's ok. That goes for anything from here from anyone. I am very sorry if I have done that in the past and it won't happen any further.

Again Roger, I am sorry if I pissed you off.
Having and not having
both create frustration.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trisha Takinawa on January 14, 2013, 08:32:14 PM

My apologies. When I said (with proper attribution) I honestly meant concerning both the graphic and text.

I really did not mean to step on any toes if I did. I just get excited by the cool stuff that come out from here. If you would rather it not show up there, it won't.

It takes more than that to piss me off.  I mean, any more than I'm pissed off by virtue of being awake.  You can use it, as far as I'm concerned, provided that it's attributed to Paes and I, respectively.

The concern I expressed above (the suspicion thing) is more along the lines of "Is Trisha here to be a member of the board, or just to create an alternate site for the content?" 

I mean, it's not like traffic isn't suffering already, but on the other hand, it's not like shit here is organized.  On the gripping hand, it seems kinda creepy having someone who just sieves through the content without saying much, and who self-promotes on the rare occasion of posting.

We've had that before, you see.  It didn't end well.

Jaidyn Casey

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 14, 2013, 08:55:49 PM

It takes more than that to piss me off.  I mean, any more than I'm pissed off by virtue of being awake.  You can use it, as far as I'm concerned, provided that it's attributed to Paes and I, respectively.

The concern I expressed above (the suspicion thing) is more along the lines of "Is Trisha here to be a member of the board, or just to create an alternate site for the content?" 

I mean, it's not like traffic isn't suffering already, but on the other hand, it's not like shit here is organized.  On the gripping hand, it seems kinda creepy having someone who just sieves through the content without saying much, and who self-promotes on the rare occasion of posting.

I understand. And your concern is seriously noted. It wasn't my intention to "siphon" off the content although I easily see how that comes across. I completely want to be a member of the board, and I will do my best to prove that. If you like (and I am aware you are not asking me to do it), but I can take down the site in the mean time until I establish myself here more.

The community here means more to me than the site, but the site is meant to be for the community here as the majority of the content has come from here... I think. Judas and I just wanted an easier location to house all the content. Hell, if you want the site could go down and still leave all the links up just through this forum alone.

Regardless, I want to be a regular member here, contributing like anyone else.
Having and not having
both create frustration.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trisha Takinawa on January 14, 2013, 09:01:43 PM

I understand. And your concern is seriously noted. It wasn't my intention to "siphon" off the content although I easily see how that comes across. I completely want to be a member of the board, and I will do my best to prove that. If you like (and I am aware you are not asking me to do it), but I can take down the site in the mean time until I establish myself here more.

The community here means more to me than the site, but the site is meant to be for the community here as the majority of the content has come from here... I think. Judas and I just wanted an easier location to house all the content. Hell, if you want the site could go down and still leave all the links up just through this forum alone.

I don't see why you'd have to do anything to the other site.  Plenty of people archive stuff they've found here (hell, there's a book of my sermons floating around on bittorrent that I had no idea about until a couple of years ago, and Cram & LMNO's stuff is everywhere).

But yeah, contributing in any sense is important...Otherwise, you're standing outside of the glass, gawking at the weird, instead of rolling around in it like a proper biped.

Jaidyn Casey

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 14, 2013, 09:09:17 PM
Quote from: Trisha Takinawa on January 14, 2013, 09:01:43 PM

I don't see why you'd have to do anything to the other site.  Plenty of people archive stuff they've found here (hell, there's a book of my sermons floating around on bittorrent that I had no idea about until a couple of years ago, and Cram & LMNO's stuff is everywhere).

But yeah, contributing in any sense is important...Otherwise, you're standing outside of the glass, gawking at the weird, instead of rolling around in it like a proper biped.

Understood and done.  :) Besides, I think I will enjoy rolling around in the weird.
Having and not having
both create frustration.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on January 14, 2013, 08:04:42 PM

BEAUTIFUL

I can't wait to start annoying people with it on Facebook!!!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."