News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

New Theme for Principia Discordia Forum

Started by Reverend Jeremiah, December 07, 2008, 10:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

the only modification that i can think of that we use is a classified himeobs project. It shouldn't effect any of the themes.
both the them you have made and the future one would be cool, I am thinking of making .org a place to put the old site, so having the two would still be relevant.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Reverend Jeremiah

"ok i only clicked three links and i got 6 errors:"

Can you give me the list?

"Theres an Undefined index: use_tp"

Did you activate the tiny portal access in the theme without tinyportal loaded onto the forum? This is accessable in the current themes features.

"and another in the same file: Undefined index: width"

Did you even go into the back end of this template to set the width? This is also accessable in the current themes features. Or did you just upload it, not adjust anything, then condemn it?

This isnt your normal theme, it has adjustable options for width/tiny portal/other mods and many style sheets for text size. Besides, didnt I just post saying that theme is now (obviously) outdated and will clash with the new style sheets we have been working on?

Faust

Quote from: Reverend Jeremiah on December 12, 2008, 06:22:32 PM
"ok i only clicked three links and i got 6 errors:"

Can you give me the list?

"Theres an Undefined index: use_tp"

Did you activate the tiny portal access in the theme without tinyportal loaded onto the forum? This is accessable in the current themes features.
the same two errors for each page.
I didn't adjust any of the back end code, so TP must be on by default for it.
Quote from: Reverend Jeremiah on December 12, 2008, 06:22:32 PM
"and another in the same file: Undefined index: width"
Did you even go into the back end of this template to set the width? This is also accessable in the current themes features. Or did you just upload it, not adjust anything, then condemn it?

This isnt your normal theme, it has adjustable options for width/tiny portal/other mods and many style sheets for text size. Besides, didnt I just post saying that theme is now (obviously) outdated and will clash with the new style sheets we have been working on?

No I didn't. If i had to turn on or specify a width from it from default you could have said so.
I'm not condemning it, i just don't have time to go editing themes in the middle of my final year exams. if it works i will use it.
it will clash with the new frontpage for .com when that comes into play, however the old front page will then become the frontpage of .org so it wont clash, besides the themes are for people to use. These were always going to be optional for each and every user on the site.
SMF default will remain and if people want to use your theme, then they may switch to it.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Reverend Jeremiah

Besides, I will be more than happy to fix any problems with theme code. The one I sent the first time has many options you can add to it in the back end.. you mod it up, activate whatever needs to be activated, then when all is said and done you check the markup.

But, as I said before, I will be using a different template next time.. one that doesnt have the extra bells and whistles the last one I made does, but is more visually stimulating for the .com

Telarus

Quote from: Reverend Jeremiah on December 11, 2008, 06:30:34 AM
Quote"Being a Hindu deity means having hundreds of arms while refusing to help anyone."

LOL, thank you, that is one of my original quotes. More to come soon... :D

Can I offer a slight alteration on the meme?

"Being a Hindu deity means having hundreds of arms while refusing to give anyone a hand."
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!