News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Richter's Spag - Along Workshop

Started by Richter, February 27, 2009, 02:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

For this song, I've decided you're handsewing the frogs on my chirka. If you do well, I shall reward you with baked ziti on Sunday after dance practice.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on March 05, 2009, 08:08:27 PM
For this song, I've decided you're handsewing the frogs on my chirka. If you do well, I shall reward you with baked ziti on Sunday after dance practice.

This posts stands on it's own for out-of-context lulziness.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Oh he's totally sitting on my couch handsewing right now.  :evil:

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

I improved a verse or so from the couch, too.   :lulz:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Richter

And NATO has just sent me notices about filking and the Genevea Treaty again.

Otherwise: 
Quote from: Richter on March 04, 2009, 01:35:30 PM

My current idea of metalic perversity requires a 1" x 3" x 18"  piece of stock... 

Scaling back plans so the finished product doesn't weight as much a section of rail track...
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Richter

Finished!
Maori fishhook (hei matau), carved from a stainless steel mast fitting.
This was part a boat I used to teach sailing on, and was kind of responsible for wrecking.  Seemed appropriate to make a charm for safe passage over water out of it.

Tools:  My spike wrench (14 in long), holster for such, and my large marlin spike (Brass.  Technically an antique.  There's a carriage bolt epoxied into the handle to make it a better improvised hammer.)

Suu

We need to find that picture of you in college with all your tools and weaponry spread out in front of you like Manji from Blade of the Immortal.

Jenne

D'ya have a trenchcoat with pockets lining the inside where you put them all?

I can picture you having one of those, Richter.

Suu

He does, actually.

Okay, not with all the pockets...as far as I know. He's never flashed me.

Jenne

SHOCKING!

I mean, no pockets?  c'mon!

Richter

The duster does have quite a few pockets.  I just normally don't wear it when I have that many tools on me. 
(Fine line between "Every Day Carry", enough to warrant a tool or pistol belt, and "Stop fuckign around and get a golf bag"  :wink: )

Richter

I found a piece of scrap on the sidewalk today, and saw it was a small knife waiting to happen.
It's the thing on the edge of the bowl, and will be a kiridachi, a small knife for planing wood.

I'm off to get a MAP gas torch to properly harden the steel. 

(Soon I'll have to stop fucking around and either get an oxy / acetylene rig, build a forge, or keep my projects aside until I can hit up friends who have them.)

Richter

This morning: trash on the side of the road.

This afternoon:  KNIFE.

On the workbench with tools and one of Suu's excellent martinis.

Required resources:  a bastard file, torch (or other hot fire), whetstone, cord, and water.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Do you have a bench grinder?

I bet you would really enjoy a bench grinder.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."