News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

Discordianism in one sentence:

Started by trix, September 22, 2011, 04:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

If you're not playing hackey sack with one of those bean bag "nonlethal" guns, then you're wasting your time.

Dok,
Also a big fan of manhole cover frisbee and electrogolf.
Molon Lube

trix

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 22, 2011, 05:45:52 PM
I declare the entire matter irrelevant, due to Hackey-Sack.

Ahahaha, hackey sack is the only "sport" I like.  No winning* or losing, no score, there is one team, and everyone is on it.  Anyone at all of any race/religion/belief/creed/whatever can join at any time, nobody has ever been excluded from our circle.  Also, it pisses off The Establishment because we tend to play right in the middle of the busiest walkway during class changes.

* - with one exception.  If someone manages to kick a passerby, either by accident or by accident-on-purpose, they win.

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on September 22, 2011, 05:49:19 PM
Tell him that Discordianism is about not asking stupid questions like the one he just asked you.  

Then bean him with the hackey sack.  

It may not enlighten him, but it will be funny.  

Now there's an idea!  Wish I'd thought of that at the time.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on September 22, 2011, 05:50:40 PM

Also this. 

Granted, this is coming from a guy who does drum circles. 

Nobody ever lets me go to those things.   :sadbanana:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 05:51:05 PM
 Also, it pisses off The Establishment because we tend to play right in the middle of the busiest walkway during class changes.

In this case, by "the establishment", you mean "your fellow students".

WAY TO FIGHT THE POWER!

:jihaad:
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on September 22, 2011, 05:50:40 PM

Also this. 

To be fair, you tend to approach these events in the same way a suicide bomber would.

AFK

Ahahaha, hackey sack is the only "sport" I like.  No winning* or losing, no score, there is one team, and everyone is on it.  Anyone at all of any race/religion/belief/creed/whatever can join at any time, nobody has ever been excluded from our circle.  Also, it pisses off The Establishment because we tend to play right in the middle of the busiest walkway during class changes.

* - with one exception.  If someone manages to kick a passerby, either by accident or by accident-on-purpose, they win.

I think as a general rule hackey sack pisses off everyone who isn't playing hackey sack because, well, it's hackey sack.  I'm pissed off right now thinking about it.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 22, 2011, 05:53:26 PM

Also this.  

To be fair, you tend to approach these events in the same way a suicide bomber would.

It helps that I have a very big and loud doumbek.  

AFK

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 22, 2011, 05:52:39 PM
 Also, it pisses off The Establishment because we tend to play right in the middle of the busiest walkway during class changes.

WAY TO FIGHT THE POWER!

Hackey Sack aint nuthin to fuck with. 

trix

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 22, 2011, 05:52:39 PM

WAY TO FIGHT THE POWER!

nah, by "walkway" i mean the smoking bridge, which is more than large enough for plenty of people to get by.  The point is the administration of the school already doesn't like that students found a spot to smoke on campus, and that the spot has become the social center of the campus, and that the sack kickers are the most popular group.

The other students don't seem to mind our presence, most of them who don't join end up watching and/or listening to us for entertainment as they relieve their nicotine cravings.  We spend the game cracking jokes and making fun of each other, which can be rather funny.

EDIT: Also, at the risk of sounding a bit defensive, we don't really play very often.  A circle of random people seems to form around lunchtime, and disperse around the beginning of 1:00 classes.

Speaking of rather funny, it's interesting how an anecdotal mention of hackey sack has changed the direction of the entire thread.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Doktor Howl

Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 06:02:02 PM
nah, by "walkway" i mean the smoking bridge, which is more than large enough for plenty of people to get by.  The point is the administration of the school already doesn't like that students found a spot to smoke on campus, and that the spot has become the social center of the campus, and that the sack kickers are the most popular group.

My rant gland just cramped the fuck up.  Seriously.  My neck is now at an odd angle, and my right leg is convulsing.

Would you like to know more?
Molon Lube

trix

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 22, 2011, 06:04:46 PM

My rant gland just cramped the fuck up.  Seriously.  My neck is now at an odd angle, and my right leg is convulsing.

YES PLEASE!

Dok, your rants, even* the ones targeted at me, are the nectar that keeps my blood pumping.

* - By even, I of course mean especially
Zen Without Zen Masters

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh look, rude brats who think they're special!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trix

Quote from: Nigel on September 22, 2011, 06:52:24 PM

Oh look, rude brats who think they're special!

I said we were special?

Oh look, jumping to conclusions based on a tiny bit of second-hand information.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Doktor Howl

Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 06:06:48 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 22, 2011, 06:04:46 PM

YES PLEASE!

Dok, your rants, even* the ones targeted at me, are the nectar that keeps my blood pumping.

* - By even, I of course mean especially

Okay, first you say "Bonus points for kicking people on the busiest walkway on campus between classes", then you say "We're REVOLUTIONARIES fighting for THE PEOPLE" by being THE MOST POPULAR GROUP.

Not sure how that works.

What I AM sure of is that at least SOME of those people are on their way to their classes, where they hope to get, you know, an education, and here you are, trying to kick them, because wasting your time at school playing hackey sack during the school day is going to BRING THE SYSTEM DOWN!

Way to STICK IT TO THE MAN, Trix!  I'm sure the proctors and department heads sit around the board room table, shouting at each other to find a way to stop your JUGGERNAUT OF RADICALISM before you TOPPLE THE ENTRENCHED POWER STRUCTURE.  

Beats going to comparitive lit or macro-economics or whatever classes you're taking, I suppose.

And when you finally flunk out, or score an average too low to warrant gainful employment, you can hang out in hipster glasses with people who gradually become younger and younger with respect to yourself, as some sort of self-appointed guru, until you finally wake up screaming in horror and kill yourself by trying to swallow your hackey sack.

You know those pathetic 40-somethings, still hiring out to tutor freshmen at Denny's?  Take a good, long look...And despair.
Molon Lube

AFK

Speaking of rather funny, it's interesting how an anecdotal mention of hackey sack has changed the direction of the entire thread.

I think it might've been where you supposed that a stupid game of hackey sack was rankling, and I quote, "The Establishment". 

I mean, you DO see where that might come off as a bit hokey, right?  You really think "The Establishment" of whatever school you are going to really gives a fuck about your pick-up game of hackey sack?  If they are like any other college in America right now, they are shitting bricks over the sea of red in the ledgers.  Your game of hackey sack doesn't really mean anything to anyone except you.  And it certainly is not going to challenge any kind of "Establishment", anywhere.