News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 07, 2015, 03:40:53 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on January 07, 2015, 02:18:00 PM
I love how they gave up after Nigel showed up.

Story of my life. :(

Well, you know, they're probably gentlemen or something.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 06, 2015, 04:34:16 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 06, 2015, 04:10:49 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 06, 2015, 03:59:34 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 06, 2015, 02:07:44 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 06, 2015, 05:22:43 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 06, 2015, 03:03:48 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 06, 2015, 12:49:34 AM
I think I'm kind of in love. Didn't really expect it, but what the hell.

Yeah?

Old man on the side.

I guess after two and a half years, why not?

If it's who I think it is, then I feel better about the whole thing.  For what it's worth.

Aw. :) Yeah, it's that guy.

Not that me and love are ever a good idea, but hell, he's about the nicest person there is. I think the main thing is that he's the first guy I think I've ever dated who just flat-out accepts me for who I am, and doesn't try to shoehorn me into being what he wishes I was.

He also seems to be resistant to the Nigel Effect.

I hadn't thought of that, but it's true!

You know the number of times we've had an argument or clashed over anything in the last 2.5 years? Zero times. He is not needy or clingy or a head-tripper. He doesn't whine or wish I spent more time with him.

Similar state of affairs with the lady I've been hanging out with. Seven months or so now, and nary a whisper of a grrr. No head trips. No weird emotional weirdness from either one of use. Hell...7 months in and we're still "hanging out," though feels are certainly beginning to develop.

I absolutely don't know how to navigate waters this calm (not that I know how to navigate stormy waters well...just more used to them). Confused as all hell. And by "confused" I mean, faced with a situation that is in no way conflicted, troublesome, or confusing in any way. Confused by my definition of confused, I think.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on January 07, 2015, 04:13:36 PM

Yeah?

Old man on the side.

If it's who I think it is, then I feel better about the whole thing.  For what it's worth.

Not that me and love are ever a good idea, but hell, he's about the nicest person there is. I think the main thing is that he's the first guy I think I've ever dated who just flat-out accepts me for who I am, and doesn't try to shoehorn me into being what he wishes I was.

You know the number of times we've had an argument or clashed over anything in the last 2.5 years? Zero times. He is not needy or clingy or a head-tripper. He doesn't whine or wish I spent more time with him.

Similar state of affairs with the lady I've been hanging out with. Seven months or so now, and nary a whisper of a grrr. No head trips. No weird emotional weirdness from either one of use. Hell...7 months in and we're still "hanging out," though feels are certainly beginning to develop.

I absolutely don't know how to navigate waters this calm (not that I know how to navigate stormy waters well...just more used to them). Confused as all hell. And by "confused" I mean, faced with a situation that is in no way conflicted, troublesome, or confusing in any way. Confused by my definition of confused, I think.

Yeah, you know, it's weird; all of my past romantic relationships involved classic American Love Story elements: The Sparks. The Obstacle. The Longing. The Clash of Wills. The Madly In Love. The Trouble. And finally, The Heartbreak.

I was so bought into that model that for the first two years with the old man, I was like "Meh, this is fun but it's just a summer fling. Meh, I really like him but it's not like I'm in love with him. Meh, we just enjoy each other's company but it's not like it'll ever be serious." And then I realize we're pushing up on three years AND I STILL REALLY LIKE HANGING OUT WITH HIM. It's just really really nice and I really like it and nothing ever really sucks or is really bad, because we both kind of have a "hey, why not?" attitude towards whatever happens.

I'm not even really sure what "being serious" means, anymore. We're never serious, we just have a good time and are good to each other. And I don't really ever want to go back to my previous model of "love" because it was exciting and dramatic and made for some good art, but it FUCKING SUCKED. It's a bad model, and I'm glad to be rid of it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cainad (dec.)

THE ONLY MOVIE REVIEW OF INTERSTELLAR THAT YOU NEED:

A moody, but exciting sci-fi spectacle that sometimes gets in over its head with philosophical mumbo-jumbo. I would have liked to see more planets and the like.

Mostly, watch it to see the robots if you like cool robots.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on January 07, 2015, 08:54:38 PM
THE ONLY MOVIE REVIEW OF INTERSTELLAR THAT YOU NEED:

A moody, but exciting sci-fi spectacle that sometimes gets in over its head with philosophical mumbo-jumbo. I would have liked to see more planets and the like.

Mostly, watch it to see the robots if you like cool robots.

+1. Solid review.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Dok Howl, I thought you might like this link my neuropharmacology professor posted: http://titus-a.blogspot.com/2007/09/ambien-cookbook.html

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 07, 2015, 09:26:55 PM
Dok Howl, I thought you might like this link my neuropharmacology professor posted: http://titus-a.blogspot.com/2007/09/ambien-cookbook.html

:lulz:

Says nothing about driving while unconscious.  I feel ripped off.
Molon Lube

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on January 07, 2015, 04:13:36 PM

Yeah?

Old man on the side.

Calm water has powerful undercurrents that quietly pull you to the riverbed to gently drown among heaps of beer cans.

Just saying.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A