News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Phantom Tollbooth

Started by StarFish, July 27, 2005, 07:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarFish

First, I'm only kind of back, I'm really too busy to keep up with the internet.

Okay, has anyone ever read the Phantom Tollbooth? It's a really good book, and I first read it in middle school. I just bought my own copy and have been rereading it, and thinking it's very Discordian. Then I came across this in chp 10 page 125

QuoteBe a good fellow and watch my orchestra till morning will you? And be sure to wake me at 5:23 for sunrise. Good night ....

the time is too random for this to have been an accident... mn
Étoiles de Mer de Saint le Cinquième

LMNO

I do believe Noton Juster is one of Us.

Just sayin.

Welcome (temporarily) back.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

I need to reread that now.

Bob the Mediocre

Cool. Always liked that book. Only thing I remember about it is Jumping to Conclusions though
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!

chaosgraves:agentoferis

"Are you a doctor?" asked Milo, trying to feel as well as possible.
"I am KAKOFONOUS A. DISCHORD, DOCTOR OF DISSONANCE," roared the man, and, as he spoke, several small explosions and a grinding crash were heard.

"What does the 'A' stand for?" stammered the nervous bug, too frightened to move.

"AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE," bellowed the doctor, and two screeches and a bump accompanied his response. "Now, step a little closer and stick out your tongues.

"Just as I suspected," he continued, opening a large dusty book and thumbing through the pages. "You're suffering from a severe lack of noise."

He began to jump around the wagon, snatching bottles from the shelves until he had a large assortment in various colors and sizes collected at one end of the table. All were neatly labeled: Loud Cries, Soft Cries, Bangs, Bongs, Smashes, Crashes, Swishes, Swooshes, Snaps and Crackles, Whistles and Gongs, Squeaks, Squawks, and Miscellaneous Uproar. After pouring a little of each into a large glass beaker, he stirred the mixture thoroughly with a wooden spoon, watching intently as it smoked and steamed and boiled and bubbled.

"Be ready in just a moment," he explained, rubbing his hands.

from the Phantom Tollbooth
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.