News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Rant 25: Chaotic Selves I

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, January 05, 2004, 01:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

RANT 25
Chaotic Selves I

Yeah?ñyou are so cool and so free. You are a psychonaut just like you think you are?ñable to delve into all sorts of cultures, worldviews, traditions and systems of knowledge. You can pick and choose what you like from anything and throw away the rest. You should be allowed to be anything you want to be and anyone who questions your credibility is full of shit, right? Yeah?ñyou should get a fucking medal or something.  I have to ask though, in all your supposed mental/cultural adventures??How many languages can you speak fluently? How many religions do you feel comfortable in? How many disciplines have you mastered? You see, I venture to say that you don??t even know what a psychonaut is. You probably sure as hell don??t know what chaos is. And you probably learned all you did about various cultures, traditions, disciplines, worldviews, etc. from merely reading about them in your own native language. How convenient for you. You get to meta-program your mind without actually bothering to meta-program it! That is fucking-A neato!

You can respond by saying ?¨Hugh, you are full of shit! No one has time to actually do what you say?ñlearn multiple languages and systems of thought and all that.?Æ My attitude is this: If you don??t have the time to do the work than don??t bullshit about. Find something else to do. Do you really think that you are so limited that you cannot learn multiple disciplines, languages, religions, magics, traditions? Well, if that??s the case then stop trying and get off the ship. Please don??t think I am saying this to bring you down. I??m saying this to get you to wipe the bullshit from your eyes and realize that you??re much more free of limitations than you think. But you have to do the work of learning and practicing that.

There are no laws anywhere. So why are you stuck in one worldview, in one cultural outlook, in one language, in one lifetime, in one sense of identity? You can say to me ?¨You can??t tell me what to do!?Æ Oh no? I can tell you anything I damn well please?ñbut I won??t tell you what to do. I will say that you are pretending to be something you are not. You can come up with all sorts of explanations based on your dim understandings of chaos and tell me that I have no right to say what a psychonaut is? But that??s all so much bullshit. How do you know what having different selves is all about unless you have explored other radically different expressions of self? How can you tell me that it is unnecessary to learn other languages or experience other cultural/social milieus unless you have actually experimented doing it? Do you get the point yet?

The practicing psychonauts and the real adepts of chaos don??t go around claiming all sorts of crap. They certainly don??t get all hissy-fitted when people challenge their fluidity. I have noticed this more and more as of late. Some people around me have bitterly defended the supposed universal right of anyone to take anything from any culture (as if that is a sign of fluidity)?ñbut I notice that those same defenders know little to nothing of the cultures they are ?´adopting?? things from, and most of those defenders have little to no real experience in changing world views as often as clothing. Fluidity means you can be in any milieu and adapt to anything. But to get to that point it helps to actually learn things about as many milieus as you can?ñoften to the point of mastery. And to get there, you actually have to become an insider to the milieu.

Don??t get me wrong. You are limitless at some point. And you have just as much of a right to say ?¨Fuck off, Hugh!?Æ as I have the right to question your adept-hood and your understandings of chaos. But I come from a vigorous debating background picked up doing my Vajrayana practices. As I have challenged you?ñI have been challenged.  You are many selves and your ego is really just the social fiction you need to function in a society. But you can wear many facets, have many masks, and do more than you thought possible. You can learn to enjoy many milieus. You can learn to pray fervently to Pagan gods while also learning just as fervently that there are no gods and matter is all. Why not? Do it all, or as much as you can. But don??t call yourself a psychonaut unless you are actually exploring psychic systems and mastering them. Don??t call yourself an adept of chaos, unless you really know how to exist in as many worldviews as possible?ñand how to subvert those to your own goals. In fact at some point, if you are really doing all of this, you won??t give a crap about what to call yourself. It could be asserted that those titles are only important to those who have no clue?ñIt is something to think about.

As for me: I am trying to learn as much as I can. I have some degree of fluidity. But mastery? Who knows? Maybe I??ll get there, maybe not. Maybe it will lose its relevance. Maybe I just don??t care anymore??though judging from the above words I can give off quite the impression of caring. Maybe it??s the multiple personas in disarray and the fact that I see no need to put them all together again. It??s more fun this way?ñgoing to pieces without falling apart. Maybe one of you out there has achieved adept-hood and has some advice for me. Maybe one of my personas has also done so. Who knows? I may know?ñbut I am not saying. Maybe we are all the selves of some grand ?´I??. Maybe that??s just watered down Hinduism. Maybe it??s all the joke of our buddha-natures. Maybe it??s Eris.

Don??t just be yourself! Be yourselves! In closing, I have a few words about the future.

Bring in on! Bring on the next aeon! Those who will not leap will fall. Those whose minds will not be blown will watch as their minds are exploded. Since time immemorial your minds have been invaded, used, and abused to further the aims and the lives of those who invented the systems that keep your mental development controlled. Those of you who have awakened to this and have freed your minds see this process again and again?ñand most of you choose to forget about it. Or you explain it away using the pathetic excuses of ideological arguments?ñwhether absorbed from others, or self-invented. It is time for us all to become the winds that blow those minds open. If something isn??t done about the rise of stupidity, we will all have to live under DUMB. Is that what you want?

(Aftermath 73rd, 3169)
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Blue Bomber

We only have around 5 billion years until the sun dies. (I find that number funny.)

We haven't even been around 1 billion years and we have all this figured out:
We know Hugh doesn't like fake psychonauts, whatever the fuck those are.

Sol's got 5 billion left on the tickety-tock.

All hail our new SPACE LOBSTER LEADERS!
Who recognize us as the dumb monkeys we are.

WE WILL ALL BE DEAD IN 5 BILLION YEARS!Or not.....

So, can we synthesize all this information into one phrase?!

No, probably no, maybe, but mostly no.

(Pass the sunscreen.)
----->Disturb not do.<-----
We of the newly forme(d)r nation of Sporkinsteinsylvaniaistan can handle cabbages any day.....Indulge in your thoughtcrime[/color]
Ma(s)te(r) of parent(hesis) (ab)use
Adopt an -imp, define a word and call it your own!
HAPPYFUNSUPERBONUSBOXFAMILYLOVEBOX-->[Perculurkalator]

B23.77

::Fake psychonaut walks the plank::

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Bobdamn! I really have to stop posting my twisted self-affirmations on here!

psychonaut=person with magus-itis, or something, possibly cabbage-like in origin.

Horab Fibslager

Hell is other people.

Trollax

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: horab^horabfuck off hugh.

:)

Ha! Not tonight. I have a head ache. hehehe.  

(The joke is on anyone who takes it seriously. Maybe...maybe not. Maybe maybe.)

Give me ambiguity...or give me something!

PrincessEris von Tartarus

i like it when people start posting thier unfiltered mind on here. this makes the place special and unique *hugs to hugh and the other rantkings*
Atomic Assassin - Die Attentäterin - DIA/DND
International Mush Mullah with Tao Jones

Ich liebe dich mein wunderbarer Kohlkopfkiller! Du hast mein
Herz erwärmt und lässt meine Gedanken erblühen und meine Muschi glühen.... *g*

B23.77

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSC

well fuck on then. :shrug
Hell is other people.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: horab^horab
Quote from: St. Hugh, KSC

well fuck on then. :shrug

You got it! Fuck-On-A!