News:

PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

Chris Morris - Four Lions film

Started by DeusExMachina, September 02, 2010, 09:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeusExMachina

This is hilarious.  Chris Morris is the same guy who did brass eye till it got banned.
It's about some home grown terrorists in England very funny.  Not sure if the humor will translate well to Americans very well but give it a watch

NSFW
http://xtshare.com/toshare.php?Id=40012
'Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.'
-George Carlin

'Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.'

- Albert Einstein

Triple Zero

can't download it, requires me to fill in a survey, which doesn't work.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

DeusExMachina

Just click i am human when prompted then close all the pop-ups then click hide adverts and you have to stream it by pressing play, hope that helps.
'Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.'
-George Carlin

'Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.'

- Albert Einstein

Triple Zero

oh. I'd like to download it. I don't like streaming, it's too fidgety. I usually download any Youtube video over 2.5 minutes as well. Only thing I stream is the Daily Show links that are posted here once in a while cause I haven't figured out to download them instead.

I'll check the torrents, I like Chris Morris.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Rumckle

If you have Firefox there is an add-on called Download Helper, that lets you download streaming videos.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Triple Zero

I'm already getting Four.Lions.LIMITED.DVDRip.XviD-SAPHiRE [NO-RAR].torrent, probably higher quality anyway :-)

Rumckle, does that extension really work for any streaming download video site? Cause the few times I tried something like that it was only able to download Youtube and Google Video.

I'd love to be able to download some vids on Vimeo, for instance.

Reason why I generally prefer downloading them over watching them streaming online is that I can just download them in the background and continue browsing, while when I feel like watching a vid I'll just check my video-download dir and see if I got anything interesting lately. Plus you don't need to wait for buffering, nor will you get choppy quality if the connection burps. And you can rewind, forward and jump around more easily in the video (there are some good reasons why this is usually very cumbersome in a streaming context), and that's especially useful for longer (>20 minutes) documentaries that you might want to watch in two sittings. Finally, if it's an episode split in multiple parts (such as the Derren Brown Ghosthunter youtube vids that Lysergic linked last week) I can just get all of them at once and put them in a playlist.

I have a bunch of scripts that do things like this for me automatically. youtube-dl.py is a python script that can save the video from any youtube URL to a .flv or .mp4 file. If you specify the -t option it also includes the title of the video in the filename (recommended, otherwise you get just the pOuumGX-6uc ID bit which isn't very descriptive). VLC works best for me for playing the videos.
If you follow the link, the youtube-dl homepage has a very detailed explanation on how to get it to work on Windows XP, down to the level of explaining the windows commandline, ... so it's in fact very educational even if you don't care about downloading Youtube videos :)
The other scripts I use are messy homebrewn bits of digital ducttape, probably not useful to anyone else.

Rumckle

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 03, 2010, 12:09:38 PM

Rumckle, does that extension really work for any streaming download video site? Cause the few times I tried something like that it was only able to download Youtube and Google Video.

Yeah, it works for pretty much anything, I've used it on Megavideo, Youkou, and Vimeo. It can also download flash stuff.

Roaring Biscuit!

saw this in cinemas, was a really awesome film I thought

xx

Triple Zero

Quote from: Rumckle on September 03, 2010, 12:35:45 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on September 03, 2010, 12:09:38 PM

Yeah, it works for pretty much anything, I've used it on Megavideo, Youkou, and Vimeo. It can also download flash stuff.

Sweet. I'll give it a go then!

Rumckle

That was pretty great!
I kinda wish Morris had a bigger acting part though.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Rumckle on September 05, 2010, 05:25:34 AM
That was pretty great!
I kinda wish Morris had a bigger acting part though.

I think I missed Morris himself entirely? What part did he play?

Rumckle

I thought he was the negotiator at the end. Maybe he wasn't though, it's been a while since I watched Brass Eye.

Triple Zero

Hm, could be. I'll check it later. During the first part of the movie I was wondering if he would do a cameo, but after a while I forgot to pay attention. He's not a very eye catching figure if he doesn't need to be ;)

Cain

I missed Stan Lee in Iron Man 2 (twice, no less), so my chances of spotting Chris Morris, who is pretty good at disguising himself, are virtually nil.

slothrop23

i think the negotiator was benedict cumberbatch.  i dont think chris morris was in this one.  excellent film i thought
Wind turbines.

I'm a big fan