News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

We Have Milk

Started by Phox, April 10, 2012, 10:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Honestly, the "we have milk" is a pretty good marketing ploy.  I think the idea is likely for you to add that to your list of places you can go to when you need to run out and grab some milk.  If you don't have kids this isn't a big deal.  But if you are like me, and you have two young ones at home who love to have their milk on their cereal, or to drink with their meals...it is important to have that sort of Milk GPS. 

AND...if you go into the store to grab some milk, maybe you'll grab something else on the way up to the cash register.  A thing that a lot of gas stations will do here in Maine is sell milk at the state minimum price.  Which is usually a LOT cheaper than what you pay in Wal-Mart or a grocery store.  They do this, of course, to get you into their store in hopes you'll add a couple of other items on, items that tend to be MORE expensive than at Wal-Mart or the grocery store.

My guess is that store is probably making some extra ka-ching by having that "we have milk" slogan on their board. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: What's-His-Name? on April 11, 2012, 06:08:28 PM
Honestly, the "we have milk" is a pretty good marketing ploy.  I think the idea is likely for you to add that to your list of places you can go to when you need to run out and grab some milk.  If you don't have kids this isn't a big deal.  But if you are like me, and you have two young ones at home who love to have their milk on their cereal, or to drink with their meals...it is important to have that sort of Milk GPS. 

AND...if you go into the store to grab some milk, maybe you'll grab something else on the way up to the cash register.  A thing that a lot of gas stations will do here in Maine is sell milk at the state minimum price.  Which is usually a LOT cheaper than what you pay in Wal-Mart or a grocery store.  They do this, of course, to get you into their store in hopes you'll add a couple of other items on, items that tend to be MORE expensive than at Wal-Mart or the grocery store.

My guess is that store is probably making some extra ka-ching by having that "we have milk" slogan on their board.

You're being way too level-headed about this.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 11, 2012, 06:01:05 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 11, 2012, 05:57:59 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 11, 2012, 01:49:31 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 11, 2012, 08:09:59 AM
Exactly.

And remember when John Kennedy Jr.'s plane went down? Every channel just showed the water for hours and hours with voiceovers repeating "We don't know anything yet...no word yet...". And when Jackie died, they wouldn't let cameras into the funeral but they broadcasted the audio of it, with the cameras outside the church. Shrubbery waving in the breeze. Live.

It didn't even have to be a Kennedy, though. I remember either a Boston cop or a firefighter died and they showed the whole funeral on every station, complete with a parade with bagpipes.

Nothing tops the post-911 frenzy, with the streamers at the bottom of the screen posting every whacko fantasy that popped into an intern's head.

Post 911 was nuts even away from TV. I went to Walgreens and they were playing Sousa marches.
"OBOY JUST LIKE WWII!"

See, I couldn't keep my composure in a situation like that.  I would be forced, FORCED, to ask the store manager what the fuck they were thinking.

Normally, I probably would have.  :lol: Everything felt like it could go apeshit at the drop of a pin, though. The Angels were tearing up and down the main drag for days looking for Muslim ass to fuck up and nobody came to open the store near my apartment, that's what I was doing at Walgreen's.  :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Sita

The store managers have no control of what gets played, sadly.
It annoys them just as much as you at times.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Sita on April 11, 2012, 06:20:33 PM

Funny, I never thought of it as being from the district or corporate.

That's worse.

Doktor Howl

If I'm upset, HE'S upset.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 11, 2012, 06:25:03 PM

That's worse.

"You guys should get a plasma TV in here and play Triumph of the Will!
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 11, 2012, 06:26:41 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 11, 2012, 06:25:03 PM

That's worse.

"You guys should get a plasma TV in here and play Triumph of the Will!

:horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth:

Phox

Not sure who's missing the point here.  :lulz:

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 11, 2012, 06:03:46 AM
And yeah, the groceries. And horror stories about the Blizzard of 78 and how nobody could get out of the house for like, a week.

Even that I don't get. Sure, there might not be MEAT with every meal, or it might not be anything fancy, or GOSH we might run out of milk, but between rice, pasta, canned goods and what-have-you, I have more than enough food to last me a week in an emergency situation, and I don't even have THAT much.

It has taught me to try to do my shopping for several days to a week at a time rather than on a day-to-day basis since I'd be going to buy dinner for that night only to find the store mobbed and "oh WTF, they said it was gonna snow 2 inches tonight didn't they?"
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

navkat

Kinda makes you wonder: if he's not in charge, who the fuck is?

I'll bet if enough people complained, he'd call the DM...and be told to call Regional.

And I bet if people continued to complain, some of them even showing a bit of true "displeasure," he would contact corporate, only to be told their hands are tied. No one knows who ordered the music but it must stay as it is until it's time to switch to the Christmas tapes.

And I betttttttt if people in the store jumped over the counter, grabbed him by the scruff of his shit-neck and threatened to put his head through the ciggarette displa...or even better just managed to eek out in a barely restrained growl, the words "Off, NOW" Mister manager's authority would suddenly multiply exponentially and his finger would find the On/Off switch in a hurry.

navkat

I mean, but what do I know about these things? I'm just little ol' Jenny-jenn. *giggle*

Cainad (dec.)

I cannot be held responsible for my actions.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cainad on April 11, 2012, 11:48:36 PM
I cannot be held responsible for my actions.

I'm in AWE.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."