News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 13, 2015, 10:47:30 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 13, 2015, 09:21:38 PM
OK, finally did some measuring.  Found a power supply unit that should fit inside my box.  Have ordered, will arrange for PC guy to do the upgrade again when it arrives.

And cross my fingers that I don't have to send it back/buy another thing.

I feel like the saga of your computer spans aeons.

I know, right?

I partly only have myself to blame...procrastinating.  Then there is the 5 days of the week that absolutely fuck all gets done because I'm either working or so tired that I cannot see straight, let alone take technical information.

But with any luck, this should be over sometime in the next two weeks, barring what I have been assured is a very simple RAM upgrade.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Hah.  So long as my coworker isn't talking about 9/11, she's OK to have around.

That said, I may turn it into a mask and wear it to the next staff meeting.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2015, 11:03:40 PM
Cain, a gift for use with your coworkers, etc:

:lulz: from the infamous, internationally suppressed "TGRR's Books on Tape" series. The only complete set thought to remain is his original dub set, stored as grave goods in his tomb, wherever THAT is.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 14, 2015, 02:18:24 AM

:lulz: from the infamous, internationally suppressed "TGRR's Books on Tape" series. The only complete set thought to remain is his original dub set, stored as grave goods in his tomb, wherever THAT is.

You didn't just say his name.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 14, 2015, 02:20:51 AM

There were acronyms... uh, but not a name. I'll.... just... shut up bout the things now. As per the instructions.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 14, 2015, 02:26:12 AM

There were acronyms... uh, but not a name. I'll.... just... shut up bout the things now. As per the instructions.

Did you just hear a thumping noise?
Molon Lube

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 14, 2015, 02:29:28 AM

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on September 14, 2015, 02:58:21 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 14, 2015, 02:29:28 AM

*says nothing, shakes head vigorously, hugs self*

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

There's a bunch of noise coming out of the crawl space.

I guess I better go check it out.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 14, 2015, 03:13:03 AM
There's a bunch of noise coming out of the crawl space.

I guess I better go check it out.

NO DON'T DO IT!  :drama1:

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 14, 2015, 03:57:36 AM
Praise Payne!  He has Risen!

Damn straight.  And I see there's been some backsliding going on around here.

I shall fetch Richter and his Razor-Sharp Hammer o' Correction.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.