News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Prince-of-Plots on March 13, 2015, 05:39:47 AM
What you wear to a Tong party.

Is a half Windsor acceptable, or is there a specific method?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

axod

just this

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on March 13, 2015, 05:32:55 AM
Quote from: axod on March 13, 2015, 05:30:56 AM
Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on March 13, 2015, 04:13:50 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 13, 2015, 03:25:34 AM
Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on March 13, 2015, 03:00:48 AM
Heh. Either someone reported me on Facebook or Facebook is cracking down on weird names.

I'm guessing someone reported you, because what's a weird name? Really?

Well, Bearman had to switch today, and someone else mentioned that their neighbor switched today as well. I dunno, does Caoimhin sound like a real name to you?
Caoimhin- 91% Communist Tong Ties...  Proceed with extreme prejudice.

What's a Tong Tie?
A tong is an Asian criminal syndicate.

Quote from: axod on March 13, 2015, 06:33:41 AM
Quote from: Prince-of-Plots on March 13, 2015, 05:39:47 AM
What you wear to a Tong party.
Quilted jackets.
Funny hats!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Eater of Clowns

Tong ties are when you're nervous around pretty girls and slip up your words duh.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on March 13, 2015, 05:20:10 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 13, 2015, 04:45:36 AM
Heh. Either someone reported me on Facebook or Facebook is cracking down on weird names.

Well, Bearman had to switch today, and someone else mentioned that their neighbor switched today as well. I dunno, does Caoimhin sound like a real name to you?

Depends on whether Facebook is screening real names for "American-ness".

And that's why I figured either/or. I'm annoyed either way. I've used my Irish language name for so long that it's legitimately become a part of my sense of self. And not even out of a sense of "this is Irish me" but that's what I've gone by. Seeing my name in English feels weird in that context.

I'm going to go with no, Facebook is not screening names for "American-ness" because that would get them in a raft of trouble for blatant bigotry. Someone reported you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 13, 2015, 01:32:45 PM

And that's why I figured either/or. I'm annoyed either way. I've used my Irish language name for so long that it's legitimately become a part of my sense of self. And not even out of a sense of "this is Irish me" but that's what I've gone by. Seeing my name in English feels weird in that context.

I'm going to go with no, Facebook is not screening names for "American-ness" because that would get them in a raft of trouble for blatant bigotry. Someone reported you.
Facebook is not blatantly bigoted? since when?!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I posted this last night but I don't think anyone noticed it. My school is running a "FEARLESS" ad campaign and they are soliciting selfies from students. Anonymously. Needless to say, this has opened the door for a barrel of lulz. http://fearlesspsu.com/gallery?sort=recent&i=773
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reginald Ret on March 13, 2015, 02:12:25 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 13, 2015, 01:32:45 PM

Facebook is not blatantly bigoted? since when?!

Maybe you can fill me in on their blatant bigotry, as it seems to have escaped my radar.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 13, 2015, 02:25:51 PM
I posted this last night but I don't think anyone noticed it. My school is running a "FEARLESS" ad campaign and they are soliciting selfies from students. Anonymously. Needless to say, this has opened the door for a barrel of lulz. http://fearlesspsu.com/gallery?sort=recent&i=773

I saw but didn't have time to be thorough. The quotes are submitted by the person in the pic yes?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Nephew Twiddleton

Some of those are priceless. I think the taxidermied bat is my favorite.

Cain

I am a FEARLESS PRETTY PRINCESS.

Also, FB does not have a policy of discriminating against odd names.  I know this, because they have not discriminated against me. 

trippinprincezz13

:lulz: Those are fantastic.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 13, 2015, 02:42:47 PM

I saw but didn't have time to be thorough. The quotes are submitted by the person in the pic yes?

Yes. AND ANYONE CAN SUBMIT.

Cain

Dr Tran should submit.  I hear he's a FEARLESS international agent with a PhD in KICKING YOUR ASS.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 13, 2015, 03:10:05 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 13, 2015, 02:42:47 PM

Yes. AND ANYONE CAN SUBMIT.

Uploaded a hairless cat.