News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Tea party victory endangers GOP’s goal of retaking the Senate

Started by Adios, September 15, 2010, 02:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phox

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on September 15, 2010, 10:58:17 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 15, 2010, 10:49:13 PM
It wouldn't just be gridlock.  If they seized both houses, they'd shut down the government (they'd find some pretext, easily enough) and what little TARP etc money that is actually finding it's way to getting people employed would be shut down as well.  In this economic climate, I'd give it two weeks before looting started.

TARP money isn't (for the most part) funding anything that KEEPS people employed..  one shot jobs are not a pancea for the problem.

If the monkeys in this country aren't spurned to innovation and creation of new sources of income by the current climate, then maybe I really will loose all faith in the future of the US and grab some popcorn while it burns, then move to mexico and invest and grow farm raised fish like my sons mother wants me to do.

Even if the world burns, people have to eat.

Necessity is the mother of invention may sound trite, but I'm really hoping for some god damn new ideas rather than old, stale ones.  If gridlock is what it takes for people to realize that DC isn't their cure-all be-all then so be it.

I TOTALLY want to be there when your idealism dies.  :horrormirth:

Disco Pickle

Quote from: phoenixofdiscordia on September 15, 2010, 11:02:22 PM
It wouldn't just be gridlock.  If they seized both houses, they'd shut down the government (they'd find some pretext, easily enough) and what little TARP etc money that is actually finding it's way to getting people employed would be shut down as well.  In this economic climate, I'd give it two weeks before looting started.

TARP money isn't (for the most part) funding anything that KEEPS people employed..  one shot jobs are not a pancea for the problem.

If the monkeys in this country aren't spurned to innovation and creation of new sources of income by the current climate, then maybe I really will loose all faith in the future of the US and grab some popcorn while it burns, then move to mexico and invest and grow farm raised fish like my sons mother wants me to do.

Necessity is the mother of invention may sound trite, but I'm really hoping for some god damn new ideas rather than old, stale ones.  If gridlock is what it takes for people to realize that DC isn't their cure-all be-all then so be it.

MY idealism?  weren't you the one advocating Communism?

for the record, when it does, it'll likely be with a whimper, not a big bang.  More of a "yeah, I kind of figured that would happen, even if I secretly pulled for the opposite."

Though, I'm notoriously optimistic about almost everything..  which makes for a bad Discordian I think..  unless I'm optimistic about chaos, which I actually am, and advocate to some degree.

Hard to compete with some of you misanthropes for chaos creation. 

But I learn fast.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Phox

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on September 15, 2010, 11:11:17 PM
Quote from: phoenixofdiscordia on September 15, 2010, 11:02:22 PM

MY idealism?  weren't you the one advocating Communism?

for the record, when it does, it'll likely be with a whimper, not a big bang.  More of a "yeah, I kind of figured that would happen, even if I secretly pulled for the opposite."

Though, I'm notoriously optimistic about almost everything..  which makes for a bad Discordian I think..  unless I'm optimistic about chaos, which I actually am, and advocate to some degree.

Hard to compete with some of you misanthropes for chaos creation. 

But I learn fast.

As a professed Hobbesian, did you really think I believed that Communism could/would work? Given the fact that Hobbes advocates iron-fisted dictatorships and believes that human beings are terrible, terrible monsters when left to their own devices, I would think that most people would have realized I was playing devil's advocate with that argument.

I'm as cynical as the come, Pickles. I just like arguing with people.  :D

Requia ☣

Wasn't the TARP money a republican plan to begin with?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 15, 2010, 11:51:12 PM

It was a Central Bankers idea, pushed through a republican executive and complacent democrat house, who knew they could lay the blame on the previous admin, as they were all but guaranteed the executive in 2010.

anyone still thinking there's a difference between the two parties should really pick the right day to stop sniffing glue.

Hank Paulson and Tim Geitner are not different.  And that fuck Bernanke is still..  well, he's still there, despite all evidence to his ineptitude.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're just rolling dice in a back room on what to predict before the congressional committiees. 
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on September 16, 2010, 01:19:58 AM

It was a Central Bankers idea, pushed through a republican executive and complacent democrat house, who knew they could lay the blame on the previous admin, as they were all but guaranteed the executive in 2010.

anyone still thinking there's a difference between the two parties should really pick the right day to stop sniffing glue.

Hank Paulson and Tim Geitner are not different.  And that fuck Bernanke is still..  well, he's still there, despite all evidence to his ineptitude.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're just rolling dice in a back room on what to predict before the congressional committiees. 

So the entirety of American politics is... a DnD game?

74% chance to invade Iraq!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on September 16, 2010, 03:29:13 AM

Me thinks you haven't played DnD In awhile..  hell, I haven't played DnD in awhile, but I believe it's more like this:

"We're going to invade Iraq!!!!"

(insert that pic I'm too lazy to repost at the moment)

2d6 for WMD's and 1d20 for people not giving enough of a fuck to change anything.

still have to have a DM to decide what happens, you just roll dice on the outcome.

bad analogy and my explanation may be bad..  hard to tell through a 6 pack.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on September 16, 2010, 04:05:22 AM
Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on September 16, 2010, 03:29:13 AM

Me thinks you haven't played DnD In awhile..  hell, I haven't played DnD in awhile, but I believe it's more like this:

"We're going to invade Iraq!!!!"

(insert that pic I'm too lazy to repost at the moment)

2d6 for WMD's and 1d20 for people not giving enough of a fuck to change anything.

still have to have a DM to decide what happens, you just roll dice on the outcome.

bad analogy and my explanation may be bad..  hard to tell through a 6 pack.

Try that again tomorrow. 
Molon Lube

Freeky

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 16, 2010, 04:18:53 AM
That sounds a bit like 4th ed... :argh!:

Um.

He was being pedantic about a role playing game being used as an analogy as a joke.   :lulz:

Remember, kids, we don't post while drunk on antifreeze.
Molon Lube

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 16, 2010, 04:25:59 AM

Um.

He was being pedantic about a role playing game being used as an analogy as a joke.   :lulz:

Shoosh, you. I am tired and retarded. :lulz:

MY BRAIN IS ANTIFREEZE

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 16, 2010, 04:28:15 AM

Um.

He was being pedantic about a role playing game being used as an analogy as a joke.   :lulz:

Shoosh, you. I am tired and retarded. :lulz:

MY BRAIN IS ANTIFREEZE

Was talking about him, but that works, too.  :lol:
Molon Lube

Disco Pickle

Um.

He was being pedantic about a role playing game being used as an analogy as a joke.   :lulz:

aww you guys..  aren't I allowed to be a bit pedantic about a bad role playing game being used as a bad analogy for a bad joke?

and if PBR = antifreeze, then I've solved...   wel..  nothing..  I live in north florida..  it froze here once..  in '89..  

predicted DH response: "well then you should just save PBR the trouble of bottling and drink antifreeze"

how are off am I?

Freeky

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on September 16, 2010, 04:35:57 AM

Um.

aww you guys..  aren't I allowed to be a bit pedantic about a bad role playing game being used as a bad analogy for a bad joke?

and if PBR = antifreeze, then I've solved...   wel..  nothing..  I live in north florida..  it froze here once..  in '89..  

predicted DH response: "well then you should just save PBR the trouble of bottling and drink antifreeze"

how are off am I?

I'd rather drink the antifreeze, to be honest.

PBR is worse than no beer at all.
Molon Lube