News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

Judicially induced Recidivism. I suppose it would make for very stable crime figures.
They need to legislate quickly to retain the Legal high ground, specify exactly how far their jurisdiction goes, then push it all the way. Go for extra-corporeal  extradition treaties, set up Diplomatic relations, an Embassy, certainly some kind of border control, or they'll end up with all kinds of Riff raff trying to incarnate all over the place, with no  thought for cultural considerations at all. What if their National Psyche get's polluted with Gai-Jinn Archetypes? They're paranoid enough about Koreans, or Tibetan Mysticks. I suppose China is just about the only Major Nation that's never had any State Sanctioned Religion  at all. And Kung Fu as well. Way to go little dudes! Although that Communism thing was never really going to work out too well, was it? The Chinese have Dragons and shit, instead of Religion. Same Pie, different crust.  I know. I used to watch Monkey!
And the nature of Monkey, . . . . .is irrepressible!
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Nephew Twiddleton

INvasion through reincarnation sounds like an interesting fantasy plot...
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

BadBeast

Isn't that what the Scientologists did? Or are doing? Cuz they don't like sharing their shit, or cramping their style.
And they've got Tom Cruise starring as Xeno in the New Movie, "Rapture me good, Lord Xenu"   
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BadBeast

I wonder if they're watching now. If they are, then,

Thurnez Isa

They're turning Atlas Shrugged into a movie
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/atlas-shrugged-first-movie-target-175724
Can hollywood actually manage to make the movie suck even more then the book?
Time will tell.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Laughin Jude

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on April 07, 2011, 12:29:56 AM
They're turning Atlas Shrugged into a movie
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/atlas-shrugged-first-movie-target-175724
Can hollywood actually manage to make the movie suck even more then the book?
Time will tell.

The trailer was pretty awful. They seem to have lifted some of the lines straight from the book, and Rand most definitely did not have an ear for dialogue.

And :lol: at it being a trilogy... because the speech will take up an hour and a half of the third part.
Laughin Jude.com - Philosophy, snark, weird stories and bad art

The Plain and Honest Truth - A semi-Discordian serial novel about 9/11, the Iraq War, aliens, the origins of Western religion and an evil sock puppet from another dimension

Laughin Jude

Laughin Jude.com - Philosophy, snark, weird stories and bad art

The Plain and Honest Truth - A semi-Discordian serial novel about 9/11, the Iraq War, aliens, the origins of Western religion and an evil sock puppet from another dimension

Triple Zero

Quote from: BadBeast on February 07, 2011, 11:07:26 PMWithin hours of learning this, Anonymous infiltrated HBGary Federal's network and websites. Anonymous acquired the document with supposed personal details of anons, along with more than 50,000 company e-mails (~4.71GB) - all of which have now been distributed on the internet. Additionally, his associated websites and social media accounts were hijacked and manipulated to stress how poorly this 'security expert' handles matters of his own security ( http://imagebin.org/... ). Woe to his clients and others who invested in his confidence.

Just a little bump. That 4.7GB of company emails should STILL be causing a huge stink in the global media, had Anonymous been clever about oozing the shit drip by drip in a similar sense as Wikileaks did.

Well, they'd probably also have to do a bunch of journalistic research and strike deals with der Spiegel, Guardian and le Monde (? the French one, was that it?).

Maybe it's not leakage of worldwide diplomatic communications, but just that 4.7GB of emails should be losing lots of high-placed people their jobs and actually should be bringing entire corporations down, exposing the corruption in the US government.

Why is this not being talked about?

And I don't mean the media, I mean HERE.

Check this, for instance, be sure to follow all the fucking links too:

http://www.salon.com/about/inside_salon/2011/02/11/threats_against_glenn_greenwald_wikileaks/index.html

That's the HBGary leaked emails showing that BANK OF AMERICA has been trying to hire the fucks at HBGary in order to, yeah, start an online cyber smear campaign against Glenn Greenwald in anticipation of the leaked documents that Wikileaks has been promising on "a major US bank".

Oh yeah, the article is 2 months old. But there's 4.7GB of those emails, if it'd have been dissected like the Wikileaks cables, the list of lulz would go on and on, I'm sure.

I'm thinking Anonymous should be dumping a whole lot more emails of other corps on the Internets... HBGary was obviously just one among many. It's easier too, just pick the low hanging fruits. Remember the social engineering email that got Anon root at one of HBGary's servers? That was luck+social engineering+balls. It won't work everywhere, but if one would try it at 10 similar corporations, they'd probably get 3 hits.

Which reminds me BTW, anyone know, what's up with Wikileaks and the promised documents on this "Major US Bank"? Are they out yet? What's holding up? Do they have a system/plan, maybe let Libya and Japan play out first before stealing the media's eye? They said "beginning of 2011", well that's now. Or did I miss the release and did it go out with a fizzle?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Lenin McCarthy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1394595/Has-equality-destroyed-sex-life-A-controversial-book-claims-feminism-rise-new-men-killed-womens-libidos-.html

I found a copy of the Daily Mail at the hotel I stayed at in London last week.  I almost wish the Norwegian tabloids were like that.

Idem

Cain

Quote from: Idem on June 29, 2011, 07:47:01 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5j8ZIuaQwriWK5FnaeHGc9oLSDOnA?docId=CNG.bed48949978a3cf59e6ed8638cc60a46.591

It appears that the DPRK is heading into another famine.

The Chinese wont be as keen on bailing them out this time, either.  What with their own yield being significantly lower this year, and the price of food rising.