News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Budweiser & Clamato: A Review

Started by Eater of Clowns, May 31, 2011, 01:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Oh, ok.  Probably go with valentina then.  That's my go-to for vinegary hot sauce.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jasper on May 31, 2011, 09:19:38 PM
Oh, ok.  Probably go with valentina then.  That's my go-to for vinegary hot sauce.

I like Valentina, and it's probably my second-favorite hot sauce for cheladas after Cholula. I also always have a huge thing of Tapatio around.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BabylonHoruv

I enjoyed Bud&clamato.  I couldn't drink a whole can mind you, I share one with friends. but it tastes like clams cooked in tomato and beer sauce.  cooking is about all Bud is good for after all.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Dysfunctional Cunt

Budweiser is nothing but horse piss....

Drinking it in any form or mix is hazardous to your taste buds.

Luna

Quote from: Khara on June 01, 2011, 04:25:10 PM

Though if you're going to desecrate beer by doing THIS to it, it's a good choice, I suppose.  At least it's not the GOOD beer...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Luna on June 01, 2011, 04:26:40 PM
Quote from: Khara on June 01, 2011, 04:25:10 PM

Though if you're going to desecrate beer by doing THIS to it, it's a good choice, I suppose.  At least it's not the GOOD beer...

I think it would probably be way better with a good light Mexican beer, or maybe something Carribean like Red Stripe.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's best with Tecate IMO, but really any cheap lager is fine.

The thing about chelada is that it's fucking AMAZING when it's a hundred degrees out and you're tired and dehydrated. You really have to have it in the right context to fully appreciate it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

YES!  You also sometimes just need to be hungthefuckover.  :lol:  I get these for New Years Day...the morning after my NYE party.  They are at first sipped and then chugged as if lifelines.

But they ARE an acquired taste.

Dysfunctional Cunt

We do Dos Equis with V-8 and hot sauce.  I can't stand the clamato, you don't always have a good consistency and I've had it too many time that it smelled like rotten seafood mixed with tomato.

For a hangover I do a spicy bloody mary, I can't drink beer hungover. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenne on June 01, 2011, 04:41:43 PM
YES!  You also sometimes just need to be hungthefuckover.  :lol:  I get these for New Years Day...the morning after my NYE party.  They are at first sipped and then chugged as if lifelines.

But they ARE an acquired taste.

:lulz: They are perfect for any situation in which rehydration and some minimum of nutrients are critically necessary.

Slyph

Quote from: Your Mom on May 31, 2011, 02:48:49 PM
TABASCO???

WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU???

CHOLULA OR GTFO!

When I use Cholula I have to put some Tabasco in too because it's too damn mild.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Slyph on June 01, 2011, 06:05:36 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on May 31, 2011, 02:48:49 PM
TABASCO???

WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU???

CHOLULA OR GTFO!

When I use Cholula I have to put some Tabasco in too because it's too damn mild.

Try Valentina. Tobasco is Louisiana style, it has no business in recipes where Mexican hot sauce is called for.

Jenne

I think Tobasco is like cumin-deficient or some shit.  I agree that Cholula, Tapatio and Valentino are da boss here.  For the bloody beers, anyway.

Dysfunctional Cunt

You can also add heat by garnishing with sliced hot peppers....

Jenne

Quote from: Khara on June 01, 2011, 05:01:06 PM
We do Dos Equis with V-8 and hot sauce.  I can't stand the clamato, you don't always have a good consistency and I've had it too many time that it smelled like rotten seafood mixed with tomato.

For a hangover I do a spicy bloody mary, I can't drink beer hungover. 

The V8 can be too sweet for me.  I like the prepackaged Bud version for some reason enough to just buy it that way.  But I like to make it as well.  For some reason, I stomach beer better than vodka when I'm hungover...is bizarre.

And as for the heat, hell yeah, just add more p00per.