Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Trivial on August 21, 2014, 02:16:04 AM
I got carded when buying rubber cement. The heck?

In all fairness, how often do you see someone buying rubber cement?  :lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

minuspace

LMNO

So, interesting disconnect this morning.  One of my co-workers was bragging they did the ice bucket challenge already.  I said, "Oh, that's cool. How much did you donate?"  They replied, "At the time, I didn't realize you donated, too," and just let it at that.  As if, it's completely impossible to donate to ALS after the fact.  Like, "I already did the thing, and I'm done thinking about it."

Like there's a specific window of time when you can donate to a charity.

Cain

I think I may be an actually bad person. 

I took way too much joy in abusing a recruiter just now:

QuoteDear Ms Nasal Voice Double-barrelled Name,

I had thought my lack of reply after your previous calls had indicated my lack of interest sufficiently.

Apparently, however, I was wrong.  In which case, please allow me to be perfectly clear: I am not interested in this job offer.

Furthermore, if you had paid even a scant amount of attention to my profile, you would have noticed it had not been updated in three years and, as such, contained a number of out of date and irrelevant information about my preferences.  I have rectified this, but really, I was offering to work below the current minimum wage and you didn't think that to be in any way odd?

Please do not contact me again in regards to this position.

Cain

Cain

Uh oh, I've upset her now.

My career in the temporary packing industry has been ruined.  RUINED!

LMNO

Cain

I know, right?  And she's ever so angry that I didn't do her job for her.

LMNO

Did she for reals send a written response?  Is it amusing enough to share?

Cain

Yes, and no.  Not really.  Basically she's trying to chide me for not updating my profile...except I did, because I deactivated it.  Only I logged back in the other week to apply for a job, which apparently reactivated it, and she's been harassing me with calls and emails since.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Eh, I can do better than a recruitment consultant.  I mean, there are many fine, tootheless, perpetually pregnant benefits cheats out there as well, let's not be too hasty.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman