News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

The homeopathy one was pulled but...

Started by Trivial, August 11, 2014, 11:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Slyph on August 20, 2014, 02:55:05 AM
psychic surgery is so much cooler than homeopathy. There's actual showmanship and sleight-of-hand involved.

Psychic...........surgery? What? This is a thing?! :horrormirth:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hooplala

Quote from: The Suu on August 21, 2014, 04:07:06 AM
Quote from: Slyph on August 20, 2014, 02:55:05 AM
psychic surgery is so much cooler than homeopathy. There's actual showmanship and sleight-of-hand involved.

Psychic...........surgery? What? This is a thing?! :horrormirth:

It's when people pretend to poke into people with their fingers to remove tumours and whatnot.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Slyph

They also do little magic tricks with beats of meat or bloody chicken down, like putting their mouth on you, then bringing up some bloody feathers so it looks like they "sucked" some badness out of you.

Trivial

Quote from: Slyph on August 21, 2014, 12:19:44 PM
They also do little magic tricks with beats of meat or bloody chicken down, like putting their mouth on you, then bringing up some bloody feathers so it looks like they "sucked" some badness out of you.
Was that featured in a movie, or some sort of CSISVUNCIS?
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trivial on August 22, 2014, 02:57:09 AM
Quote from: Slyph on August 21, 2014, 12:19:44 PM
Was that featured in a movie, or some sort of CSISVUNCIS?

It's a fraud, and a very old one.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

EK WAFFLR

Somewhat related. I really hope this is a troll.

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

hooplala

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 22, 2014, 02:51:34 PM

It's probably real.  It's a funny little game we like to call Cognitive Dissonance.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 22, 2014, 02:51:34 PM

I hope it's not a troll, because at least then there's a chance that some of these ignorant fucks might actually get their kids the medical care they need instead of magically believing that it causes autism and they can stave it off by not taking their kid to the doctor.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The chiropractors and naturopathic "doctors" that support this shit should have their licenses pulled.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

I want to know who thought chiropractic care for babies was a good idea to begin with.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on August 22, 2014, 05:40:01 PM
I want to know who thought chiropractic care for babies was a good idea to begin with.

The same type of people that held up arithmatic flash cards for newborns in the 80s, I'd guess.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

The acupuncture sessions are still OK though, right?

Because a fiver says that the list there is longer than that, if legit.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 22, 2014, 05:42:17 PM

The same type of people that held up arithmatic flash cards for newborns in the 80s, I'd guess.

I thought that only worked if you put Mozart on via a pair of headphones to the preggo belly.

Salty

Chiropracters.

I have met so many and refuse to work for them. I have yet to meet one who isn't a quack. One of them practically threw me out of the office when I told hin I wanted half of what he got from the insurance companies for my work. After making me watch a video about how awesome he is.

Another charges $360 per hour for massage with no cash discount amd pays his therapists $45 out of it.

That entire field is custom designed to strip insurance companies of money and keep it like greedy little pigs.

Trouble is, as always, they actually believe people, babies, are better off witg their spines carefully tended to.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.