News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Because there isn't enough crime going on in Somerset and Avon, the police there have resorted to stealing bikes to instill a fear of being a victim in the public

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-20248535

QuoteA police force has filmed an officer "stealing" bicycles in full public view to show "just how easy" it is for a thief to get away unchallenged.

PCSO Neil Spiring, of Avon and Somerset Police, used bolt croppers and brute force to 'steal' four bikes.

To further highlight his staged activity the officer at one point dressed in a skeleton outfit.

The force said it wanted to encourage members of the public to call 999 as soon as they saw a crime taking place.

According to UK crime statistics, there are less than 100 robberies a month for the entire Avon and Somerset area.  This includes but is not limited to bikes, it is the total amount of robberies which do not require a break-in (which is a burgalry) or mugging (which is a violent crime).

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/11/israels-netanyahu-takes-heat-after-obama-victory/

QuotePoliticians and commentators pounded Bibi, as he's known here, for wading into U.S. politics and damaging the strong relationship between the two countries by backing the wrong horse.

"So Sorry, President Obama, Please Forgive Netanyahu," read the headline of a Haaretz column today by Yossi Sarid, a former longtime Knesset member and leader of the liberal Meretz Party.

"Bibi Gambled, We'll Pay," was another in the Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper, the highest-circulated in Israel.

"In his behavior with the Americans, Netanyahu was like the well-known joke about the difference between a schlemiel and a schlimazel – a schlemiel is the one who spills hot soup on the schlimazel," wrote Sima Kadmon in the Yedioth op-ed. "But in this case, Netanyahu is both the schlemiel and the schlimazel: He spilled the hot soup on himself, and he is not the only one who got burned. We all did."

The same newspaper reported that the prime minister's office was "stunned" by the news of Romney's defeat. Netanyahu spokesman Mark Regev called such reporting  "certainly not accurate."

"It's rubbish, it's just not true," Regev told ABC News when asked about the support for Romney.

Netanyahu was "totally neutral the whole campaign," he said. "It's clear there are some people who, for all sorts of reasons, are trying to develop this narrative but it's just not true. He made every effort to stay out of the election."

Israeli politicos from the other end of the political spectrum happily piled onto the narrative. Former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, who is mulling another run in Israel's upcoming elections, said, "Our prime minister meddled in the U.S. elections in the name of an American billionaire, who used the prime minister of Israel to promote his own candidate for president. This is a significant violation of the basic rules in the relations between countries, certainly when we are talking about allies such as Israel and the United States."

Glorious.  :lulz:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Waffler on November 09, 2012, 05:08:02 PM
Jesus Harold Ramis Christ, what a fucking crybaby. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20270325

"I murdered a bunch of innocent kids and now I have to wear a fucking sweater".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: CAKE on November 09, 2012, 05:42:12 PM
Jesus Harold Ramis Christ, what a fucking crybaby. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20270325

"And I need MORE BUTTER."
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Don Coyote

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on November 09, 2012, 05:47:26 PM

"and I have to shave FAST."

Mangrove

I'm sorry, but serious mass murderers don't use moisturizer.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

Mangrove

But it's a particularly ugly sweater. It's probably the moose sweater I got when I was 10, or something like it.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: American Jackal on November 09, 2012, 06:32:58 PM

"and my pen is ergonomically incorrect, making it hard for me to write my crap".
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Waffler on November 10, 2012, 12:39:19 PM
Quote from: American Jackal on November 09, 2012, 06:32:58 PM

"and my pen is ergonomically incorrect, making it hard for me to write my crap".

It is certainly cruel and unusual punishment to give a mass murderer an ergonomically incorrect pen for writing his manifesto.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Elder Iptuous

Firestorm Erupts Over Virginia's Education Goals

Heard about this on NPR yesterday.
jesus... :facepalm:
QuoteAs part of Virginia's waiver to opt out of mandates set out in the No Child Left Behind law, the state has created a controversial new set of education goals that are higher for white and Asian kids than for blacks, Latinos and students with disabilities.
Here's what the Virginia state board of education actually did. It looked at students' test scores in reading and math and then proposed new passing rates. In math it set an acceptable passing rate at 82 percent for Asian students, 68 percent for whites, 52 percent for Latinos, 45 percent for blacks and 33 percent for kids with disabilities.

Luna

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 13, 2012, 06:51:40 PM
Firestorm Erupts Over Virginia's Education Goals

Heard about this on NPR yesterday.
jesus... :facepalm:
QuoteAs part of Virginia's waiver to opt out of mandates set out in the No Child Left Behind law, the state has created a controversial new set of education goals that are higher for white and Asian kids than for blacks, Latinos and students with disabilities.
Here's what the Virginia state board of education actually did. It looked at students' test scores in reading and math and then proposed new passing rates. In math it set an acceptable passing rate at 82 percent for Asian students, 68 percent for whites, 52 percent for Latinos, 45 percent for blacks and 33 percent for kids with disabilities.

Bloody hell.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."