News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

A Litany for Dictatorships; or, why we MUST disorganize

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 19, 2003, 10:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

I hope the State dissapates itself, but sadly, like my hope in the Easter Bunny, it is a false hope that I can only indulge in when I stay in bed.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCI hope the State dissapates itself, but sadly, like my hope in the Easter Bunny, it is a false hope that I can only indulge in when I stay in bed.

I hope I start shitting 24 carat gold.

It's just as likely.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

You shitting 24k gold is more likely to happen than the State disappearing.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

The Good Reverend Roger

IntoxiChrist

The State may well dissolve when it's no longer required, i.e. folks stop worrying about things that go bump in the night. Or we may end up with a radically different concept of "the State". Of course, that's probably going to require a lot of neurological changes in the primate brain, which is currently configured to identify all incoming signals and categorize it into one of five predetermined reactions (kill it, drive it off, run from it, fuck it, or ignore it altogether - maybe pee on it?), within a span of half a second coming around a corner and thinking about ham.

Once our brains and neuroendocrine systems in general evolve to catch up with our level of technology, the State will become obsolete enough to warrant a demand for dramatic reform or even abolition from even the most lazy, apathetic post-industrial plebian. Then again, by this time, we'll probably no longer be competing for resources at all, or in any currently recognizable fashion, which may have resulted in the abolition of the State to begin with.

Or maybe we'll all be dead, or under the yoke of some kind of sentient duck from the far reaches of space.

If I have to pick which would come first, however, the dissolution of coercive tribal government or Roger's golden shits, I suppose I'll start laying newspapers down and activate my eBay account again.