News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Unvarnished Truth #1: Communism, Libertarianism, and Rational Anarchy.

Started by Doktor Howl, March 23, 2010, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iptuous on March 23, 2010, 06:26:30 PM
Very good, Dok!

I've been figuring that's your take.  i had seen you bash all the political systems without professing what should be done, and it occurred to me that you likely seek the same thing I'm seeking when you cut to the chase: privilege.

When I talk about politics, it's usually from a libertarian type standpoint without all the bells and whistles.  Just sort of a don't tread on me perspective.  But I really can't do it with much conviction.  I don't really believe it's possible on any practical scale.  And if my ramblings actually stir something up and a big fish bites, I usually just cut the line, because I'm not really trying catch that fish....

Even though I realize that what I truly want is privilege, I haven't really done much in the way of achieving this.  It's a fear of.... something.  Perhaps being detected by the Machine as a Nobody seeking Something.  Or perhaps of what I might become if I abandon the notion of working within the system to make it more resemble a system that will still work while allowing the Slack that I seek.  The conflict there I guess is that the side of me that wants the system to give maximum freedom seems to be impeded by the over men with their privilege.  I don't want to be like them.  Or mebbee I do...

Heaven help me, I think I'm evil...

I have a solution, which will be proposed in the next essay.  Not saying it's the RIGHT solution, but it's self-evident that the system is broken, and none of the alternatives can carry the load.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on March 24, 2010, 12:06:20 AM
Good work, Dok. Speaking as an anarchist, I agree with you on it's viability. Lovely ideal, but due to our immaturity as a species, impossible to implement. Anyway, can't wait for the next one.

Regardless, :mittens: mate.

If an idea isn't workable, then why adhere to it?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on March 23, 2010, 06:36:31 PM

Well, they are certainly willing to ruin holidays and Gramma's Turkey Feast over it, anyway.

This is what Thanksgiving dinner is FOR, in our family.
Molon Lube

The Wizard

QuoteIf an idea isn't workable, then why adhere to it?

At heart I'm an idealist, and that's the only ideal that makes sense to me. I know it can't work, but it something to work for. I use it as motivation, I guess.
Insanity we trust.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on March 24, 2010, 01:15:51 AM
QuoteIf an idea isn't workable, then why adhere to it?

At heart I'm an idealist, and that's the only ideal that makes sense to me. I know it can't work, but it something to work for. I use it as motivation, I guess.

Life will beat that out of you soon enough.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

The Wizard

Yeah, probably. (shrug) I'll just enjoy it for as long as I can.
Insanity we trust.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on March 24, 2010, 01:23:47 AM
Yeah, probably. (shrug) I'll just enjoy it for as long as I can.

Enjoy what?  Who the hell enjoys pining for anarchy?

I mean BESIDES silly Frenchies in their striped shirts and berets, holding their cigarettes back ward and moaning "EET EES ALL SO BORRRIIIING!"
Molon Lube

The Wizard

QuoteEnjoy what?  Who the hell enjoys pining for anarchy?

Masochists, maybe? In all honesty, it's the idealism itself I enjoy. And hell, as long as I live up to my ideals, then I'm fine.
Insanity we trust.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on March 24, 2010, 01:30:49 AM

Masochists, maybe? In all honesty, it's the idealism itself I enjoy. And hell, as long as I live up to my ideals, then I'm fine.

Wait til you try cynicism.
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 24, 2010, 01:35:32 AM
Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on March 24, 2010, 01:30:49 AM

Wait til you try cynicism.

I thought that was what the frenchie you described was an adherent of?

also. i was almost certain that you would take umbrage with the term 'privilege' as what you seek.  i even had a contingency response all ready written up!

The Wizard

QuoteWait til you try cynicism.

I have a feeling it'll suit me.  :lulz:
Insanity we trust.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iptuous on March 24, 2010, 02:10:26 AM

I thought that was what the frenchie you described was an adherent of?

No, that's ennui. Totally different thing.

also. i was almost certain that you would take umbrage with the term 'privilege' as what you seek.  i even had a contingency response all ready written up!

I figured it was a troll and blew past it.
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 24, 2010, 02:18:20 AM

No. i was serious...
:cry:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iptuous on March 24, 2010, 02:24:07 AM

No. i was serious...

It's so hard to tell, after the nationalism thing, and after you were hauling on my leg in the health care thread.
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 24, 2010, 02:38:56 AM
Quote from: Iptuous on March 24, 2010, 02:24:07 AM

No. i was serious...

It's so hard to tell, after the nationalism thing, and after you were hauling on my leg in the health care thread.

yeah... that's my bad.
the nationalism thing was me willfully ignoring the negative associations that i know to be inextricably linked to it.
the taxation=slavery i figured was more obviously a troll than it apparently was.

of course, i never can quite shake the humpty dumpty in my head with regards to terms that i use in internal dialogues to the point that they stray from the common understanding, so i would still argue those points at least tongue in cheek.... this is perhaps just another example of the same thing.
my head's a mess :)