News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

Advances in artificially made organisms

Started by Sir Bearington, July 24, 2012, 07:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2015, 01:11:25 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 12, 2015, 09:22:38 PM
Christ, that banal piece of shit. I think the thing I like least about her, out of all the things to mildly dislike, is that she doesn't know what "neoliberal" means but she insists on using it anyway. Incorrectly. It's kind of amazing that someone can have so many opinions while having so little education.

While you were gone, she resurfaced on TWJ's facebook discordian page, talking about the failure of the free market system.  She then hit me up for "funding" for a "project" she wanted to launch (details hazy, seemed to involve drugs and parties leading to profit).  She was so insistent that I buggered off and trolled TCC for old time's sake.

Apparently, a week later, someone gave her money for drugs, because she was back doing the libertarian thing, and called me a "communist" for suggesting banks don't have our best interest at heart.

:lulz:

So I blocked her and unblocked her, so she wouldn't show up in my feed.

:lulz: Wow.

Have you seen this? http://mattforney.com/rachel-haywire-scammed-trigger-warning/
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 13, 2015, 01:39:36 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2015, 01:11:25 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 12, 2015, 09:22:38 PM
Christ, that banal piece of shit. I think the thing I like least about her, out of all the things to mildly dislike, is that she doesn't know what "neoliberal" means but she insists on using it anyway. Incorrectly. It's kind of amazing that someone can have so many opinions while having so little education.

While you were gone, she resurfaced on TWJ's facebook discordian page, talking about the failure of the free market system.  She then hit me up for "funding" for a "project" she wanted to launch (details hazy, seemed to involve drugs and parties leading to profit).  She was so insistent that I buggered off and trolled TCC for old time's sake.

Apparently, a week later, someone gave her money for drugs, because she was back doing the libertarian thing, and called me a "communist" for suggesting banks don't have our best interest at heart.

So I blocked her and unblocked her, so she wouldn't show up in my feed.

:lulz: Wow.

Have you seen this? http://mattforney.com/rachel-haywire-scammed-trigger-warning/

Holy shit.  :lol:

That was right about the time she was begging me for money. 

Molon Lube

ChaosAdvocate

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 12, 2015, 06:55:44 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 12, 2015, 06:01:34 PM
Quote from: ChaosAdvocate on September 12, 2015, 03:40:17 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 12, 2015, 03:20:51 PM
Well, unfortunately for you, the page finally loaded for me.

There's nothing in there about humans with gills or wings AT ALL, and do you know why that is? BECAUSE THERE ISN'T A GODDAMNED "WINGS" GENE.

Wings are complex structures that take (I'm ballparking here) millions of genes to build, and they're built out of shit you're already using for other things: your goddamned arms. Oh, and if you want them to work that means you need feathers which, protip, are most likely modified teeth genes, so say goodbye to your choppers. Also you weigh too goddamned much, so either you need to be smaller (more changes!) or have hollow bones (mammals haven't had that shit in EVER, so good luck finding a way to make that work). And of course to power the wings you need completely different chest muscles, so just add that to your list of shit you need to change. ON TOP OF THE MILLIONS FOR THE WING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

You want gills too? You know that fancy jaw thing you have? Say goodbye to it. Yeah, fish and amphibians have mouths and gills, but your jaw has all kinds of extra parts they don't and that all comes from modified gill genes.

Genes are like lego instructions. You can swap a couple things out here and there to get different pieces of things you need, but if you start trying to recreate part of a castle inside your star wars set you're going to end up with a mess and not enough pieces to finish anything.

And next time you run your mouth like an idiot, make sure the thing you link to actually backs up your nonsense.
I did not mention the article saying it can be done to humans. I am saying that if they can take gene traits from one species and put it into another, it works and modifies them. Its never been tried on humans for some reason and idk why but on animals. For the gills, wings or amphibian suggestion I just think it would be quite interesting to try to take those traits and experiment on humans in the name of greatness/just to see what happens or how it turns out.

BECAUSE YOU WOULD MAKE HORRIBLE STILLBORN MONSTROSITIES.

I'm going to assume you're 18 or 19 because son, you have LITERALLY NO CONCEPT of human suffering.

I'm gonna guess 15 and kinda stupid.
Nope I am 18 and allowing "ethics" or emotions to get in the way of progress is whats really stupid. The progress and greatness matter more. Also what the world needs is LESS order. Animals(like mice or dogs) are more morally innocent than humans as a whole anyway if you look at it from a wider viewpoint. Its better to experiment on criminals that were murderers than on mice who haven't done anything wrong if you see it from a moral viewpoint.

"Order"/Being Reactionary is the problem and the total opposite of the very definition of "solution".

Your pretty reactionary/ultaconservative"(To a 1950s and before degree) yourself for a "discordian"? I only care if something interesting/unusual or a change happens in anything. Change is never "bad" because what is bad can be fixed with another change. Opposition to change is the source of nearly all bad. My mind constantly morphs/warps as well for this reason. The only thing I "feel" from change is very energized and pleasant to a point where I want more and more.

There is no such thing as "too much change" and yes I truly believe in this. So did Maximilien Robiespierre, which points out that this has nothing to do with age. He sowed discord with intent of stopping people who tried to prevent change, initiating a work of discord called "the great terror".

ChaosAdvocate

There's nothing in there about humans with gills or wings AT ALL, and do you know why that is? BECAUSE THERE ISN'T A GODDAMNED "WINGS" GENE.

Wings are complex structures that take (I'm ballparking here) millions of genes to build, and they're built out of shit you're already using for other things: your goddamned arms. Oh, and if you want them to work that means you need feathers which, protip, are most likely modified teeth genes, so say goodbye to your choppers. Also you weigh too goddamned much, so either you need to be smaller (more changes!) or have hollow bones (mammals haven't had that shit in EVER, so good luck finding a way to make that work). And of course to power the wings you need completely different chest muscles, so just add that to your list of shit you need to change. ON TOP OF THE MILLIONS FOR THE WING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

You want gills too? You know that fancy jaw thing you have? Say goodbye to it. Yeah, fish and amphibians have mouths and gills, but your jaw has all kinds of extra parts they don't and that all comes from modified gill genes.

Genes are like lego instructions. You can swap a couple things out here and there to get different pieces of things you need, but if you start trying to recreate part of a castle inside your star wars set you're going to end up with a mess and not enough pieces to finish anything.

And next time you run your mouth like an idiot, make sure the thing you link to actually backs up your nonsense.
I did not mention the article saying it can be done to humans. I am saying that if they can take gene traits from one species and put it into another, it works and modifies them. Its never been tried on humans for some reason and idk why but on animals. For the gills, wings or amphibian suggestion I just think it would be quite interesting to try to take those traits and experiment on humans in the name of greatness/just to see what happens or how it turns out.

I'm going to assume you're 18 or 19 because son, you have LITERALLY NO CONCEPT of human suffering.
I do and nope. Change is always good, if there is something bad in place it will be fixed by change itself. I only care about the change/progress or anything very unusual/interesting that happens.

The point is to make the world more interesting, whether you get "flying/gilled/amphibious abominations", Fall of "The Veil", Civil War breaking out, North Korea invading South Korea successfully stirring the world up with a screaming over-enthusiastic crazy TV anchor, or WW3. Leave Chaos and progress/change alone and let it fix all problems that arise.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: ChaosAdvocate on September 13, 2015, 04:54:52 AM

Nope I am 18 and I allowing "ethics" or emotions to get in the way of progress is whats really stupid.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: I hope you reread this post in five years, just so you can cringe until you puke.

The progress and greatness matter more. Also what the world needs is LESS order. Animals(like mice or dogs) are more morally innocent than humans as a whole anyway if you look at it from a wider viewpoint. Its better to experiment on criminals that were murderers than on mice who haven't done anything wrong if you see it from a moral viewpoint.

"Order"/Being Reactionary is the problem and the total opposite of the very definition of "solution".

Your pretty reactionary/ultaconservative"(To a 1950s and before degree) yourself for a "discordian"? I only care if something interesting/unusual or a change happens in anything. Change is never "bad" because what is bad can be fixed with another change. Opposition to change is the source of nearly all bad. My mind constantly morphs/warps as well for this reason. The only thing I "feel" from change is very energized and pleasant to a point where I want more and more.

There is no such thing as "too much change" and yes I truly believe in this.

You are an incredibly simplistic and naive child.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ChaosAdvocate

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 13, 2015, 08:06:04 AM

Nope I am 18 and I allowing "ethics" or emotions to get in the way of progress is whats really stupid.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: I hope you reread this post in five years, just so you can cringe until you puke.

The progress and greatness matter more. Also what the world needs is LESS order. Animals(like mice or dogs) are more morally innocent than humans as a whole anyway if you look at it from a wider viewpoint. Its better to experiment on criminals that were murderers than on mice who haven't done anything wrong if you see it from a moral viewpoint.

Has nothing to do with age either. You should do some research on Maximilien Robespierre. Someone who did not have a high position but big influence who weaved a big peace of discord called "the great terror" to crush those who wanted to stabilise things and prevent more change from occurring.

Read the edited sentence above without the small typo. And nope, there is NOT enough change/chaos in this world. You are simplistic in that you think order is flawless, we do not need it right now. Why are we in quasi-fascism right now? And you know everything has a counterbalance? Which means after what we have now finishes we will have the complete opposite again and again until things are "balanced" out. I hope to see the day the pendulum of today's long period of non-change/order swing to the total opposite soon, would be great if it happened in a couple of years. Maybe people like trump who is likely to cause an overthrow of himself or is not afraid of starting WW3 will trigger the swing.

And you know what? I was quite entertained/nourished by the "Ukraine crisis" when it occurred. The stir it caused to even where I live, it was quite disappointing they made a ceasefire and the other side didn't launch an attack. Atleast it was a significant change. What really makes me want to puke and this has been my whole life is stagnation and mundanity. Non-change/Order tastes like sewerage. Everytime it exists for a long time it makes me want to tear everything apart and reach for any change. Change is like food, the more deprivation of it the more desperation to come into contact with it.

Btw deities are not picky about their work. You do know as a proclaimed discordian that everytime a war, conflict/shootout, revolution or etc occurs that Eris/Discordia is always present? Its not the side effects of any change that matters but the end result. If people die they die meaningful deaths. Wars or change have lead to advancements, innovation and progress. WW1, one war that occurred with the same reasons today a world war would occur. One tiny dispute leading to a war resulting in many imperial powers that oppressed or tried to expand foreign markets like today being diminished. A revolution and many things occurring despite the negatives. Those who are afraid of change are just cowards who's lives have no meaning.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: ChaosAdvocate on September 13, 2015, 08:41:00 AM

Has nothing to do with age either. You should do some research on Maximilien Robespierre. Someone who did not have a high position but big influence who weaved a big peace of discord called "the great terror" to crush those who wanted to stabilise things and prevent more change from occurring.

Read the edited sentence above without the small typo. And nope, there is NOT enough change/chaos in this world. You are simplistic in that you think order is flawless, we do not need it right now. Why are we in quasi-fascism right now? And you know everything has a counterbalance? Which means after what we have now finishes we will have the complete opposite again and again until things are "balanced" out. I hope to see the day the pendulum of today's long period of non-change/order swing to the total opposite soon, would be great if it happened in a couple of years. Maybe people like trump who is likely to cause an overthrow of himself or is not afraid of starting WW3 will trigger the swing.

And you know what? I was quite entertained/nourished by the "Ukraine crisis" when it occurred. The stir it caused to even where I live, it was quite disappointing they made a ceasefire and the other side didn't launch an attack. Atleast it was a significant change. What really makes me want to puke and this has been my whole life is stagnation and mundanity. Non-change/Order tastes like sewerage. Everytime it exists for a long time it makes me want to tear everything apart and reach for any change. Change is like food, the more deprivation of it the more desperation to come into contact with it.

Btw deities are not picky about their work. You do know as a proclaimed discordian that everytime a war, conflict/shootout, revolution or etc occurs that Eris/Discordia is always present? Its not the side effects of any change that matters but the end result. If people die they die meaningful deaths. Wars or change have lead to advancements, innovation and progress. WW1, one war that occurred with the same reasons today a world war would occur. One tiny dispute leading to a war resulting in many imperial powers that oppressed or tried to expand foreign markets like today being diminished. A revolution and many things occurring despite the negatives. Those who are afraid of change are just cowards who's lives have no meaning.

tl;dr

ChaosAdvocate

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 13, 2015, 04:08:05 PM

tl;dr

Go read about Maximilien Robispierre and "The Great Terror"(Terrorism as a unofficial policy) he implemented to prolong the change/chaos on purpose and to wipe the french revolution clean of people who believed in order/stability.

LMNO

Ah, 18 years old. I wish I could be there again. So full of passion, ideology, and blind sociopathy.

I miss it so.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 13, 2015, 05:56:39 PM
Ah, 18 years old. I wish I could be there again. So full of passion, ideology, and blind sociopathy.

I miss it so.

Isn't.  Is Lys.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: ChaosAdvocate on September 13, 2015, 04:45:33 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 13, 2015, 04:08:05 PM

tl;dr

Go read about Maximilien Robispierre and "The Great Terror"(Terrorism as a unofficial policy) he implemented to prolong the change/chaos on purpose and to wipe the french revolution clean of people who believed in order/stability.

Oh! Oh! Oh! As long as we're recommending books to each other, go read "The Molecular Biology of the Cell" by Bruce Alberts and Alexander Johnson. It's fascinating.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 13, 2015, 08:15:57 PM

Oh! Oh! Oh! As long as we're recommending books to each other, go read "The Molecular Biology of the Cell" by Bruce Alberts and Alexander Johnson. It's fascinating.

Don't come dragging your Godless secular "observable reality" around HERE, lady!
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2015, 08:22:15 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 13, 2015, 08:15:57 PM

Don't come dragging your Godless secular "observable reality" around HERE, lady!

I can't help it because I'm so 1950's ultraconservative.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 13, 2015, 08:26:28 PM

I can't help it because I'm so 1950's ultraconservative.

I have the stomach flu.  Don't do that.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

And you know what? I was quite entertained/nourished by the "Ukraine crisis" when it occurred. The stir it caused to even where I live, it was quite disappointing they made a ceasefire and the other side didn't launch an attack. .

You are a sociopath and should seek treatment.

Please note that there's nothing "edgy" about being a sociopath.  It means that you are mentally and emotionally stunted.  A defective biot, and not in a revolutionary way.  You are to the species what Fiats are to sports cars.
Molon Lube