News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 06, 2015, 03:03:48 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 06, 2015, 12:49:34 AM
I think I'm kind of in love. Didn't really expect it, but what the hell.

Yeah?

Old man on the side.

I guess after two and a half years, why not?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chelagoras The Boulder

Thats great Nigel! I hope that turns out well for you! :D
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: EL MAESTRO! on January 06, 2015, 06:09:51 AM
Thats great Nigel! I hope that turns out well for you! :D

It's been working pretty well since mid-2012, so I'm not anticipating any changes.

I'm just a bit slow to warm, is all.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Let's not get too crazy here. I said "think" and "kind of". I doubt I'll know for sure until mid-2017, at the earliest.

Junkenstein

Go to Holland for a few days at the end of the month, company pays for everything?

Sure.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 06, 2015, 05:22:43 AM

Yeah?

Old man on the side.

If it's who I think it is, then I feel better about the whole thing.  For what it's worth.
Molon Lube

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Yeah?

Old man on the side.

Awww through the groans.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 06, 2015, 02:07:44 PM

Yeah?

Old man on the side.

If it's who I think it is, then I feel better about the whole thing.  For what it's worth.

Aw. :) Yeah, it's that guy.

Not that me and love are ever a good idea, but hell, he's about the nicest person there is. I think the main thing is that he's the first guy I think I've ever dated who just flat-out accepts me for who I am, and doesn't try to shoehorn me into being what he wishes I was.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 06, 2015, 03:59:34 PM

Yeah?

Old man on the side.

Not that me and love are ever a good idea, but hell, he's about the nicest person there is. I think the main thing is that he's the first guy I think I've ever dated who just flat-out accepts me for who I am, and doesn't try to shoehorn me into being what he wishes I was.

He also seems to be resistant to the Nigel Effect. 
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 06, 2015, 04:10:49 PM

Yeah?

Old man on the side.

I hadn't thought of that, but it's true!

You know the number of times we've had an argument or clashed over anything in the last 2.5 years? Zero times. He is not needy or clingy or a head-tripper. He doesn't whine or wish I spent more time with him. And because he's married and the rules are that at the end of the night he goes home to his wife, I never have my sleep disrupted by snoring and farting, unless we take a trip together.

I probably should have started dating married men ages ago. It works out better than I thought. :lulz:

Cain

So, I'm back in London.

Plus sides: ready availability of lamb samosas.  Actual 24 hour shopping.
Negatives: not seeing daylight for three days in a row.  Uh....

Due to them wanting me down here on an awkward date, I wasn't able to actually bring all my stuff with me.  I also, unforunately, was expected to work overnight on the same day I moved in...so I'm currently surrounded by half unpacked stuff and microwave meals (because I couldn't bring my cooking stuff down). 

Living accomodations seem alright - not keen on the main road facing window, but I have a decent kitchen and the flat is set back from the rest of the building, minimising the noise from the students.  Still not sure what is going on work wise - it seems we have 20 different registers and putting me on duty last night with another new person probably did not help matters much.  But they seem to have plentiful staff and that staff seem at least competent, though no doubt my opinion on that will change as I figure out what the paperwork actually means.

Seems like a decent halfway house between the more laissez faire place I originally worked for in London, and the totalitarian society envisaged by the one in Switzerland.  Not really met many students, but working nights I will basically see them as they come in, make sure they are in bed, and then sit in the reception area all night surfing Reddit and looking at pictures of lolcats, at least until they fix the WiFi.

Which is the other thing.  The internet here is awesome.  20 mbps download speed, 50 mbps upload speed....once my proper computer is here, I should have sufficient bandwidth for easy and regular Youtube uploads.  I will also try livestreaming again...since I'm working nights anyway, and I can shop any time of the day, I'm more on American than UK time in the first place, and staying up all night isn't really gonna bother me.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 06, 2015, 04:34:16 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 06, 2015, 04:10:49 PM

Yeah?

Old man on the side.

I hadn't thought of that, but it's true!

You know the number of times we've had an argument or clashed over anything in the last 2.5 years? Zero times. He is not needy or clingy or a head-tripper. He doesn't whine or wish I spent more time with him. And because he's married and the rules are that at the end of the night he goes home to his wife, I never have my sleep disrupted by snoring and farting, unless we take a trip together.

I probably should have started dating married men ages ago. It works out better than I thought. :lulz:

Sounds about perfect.

Me, I'm the other way.  Jenn and I are like a matched set of "Overly-Attached Girlfriend".  It would in fact be creepy if both of us weren't as clingy as we both really are.  And I can't sleep without being tangled up with someone in the bed, which is why travel is such a bitch for me.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on January 06, 2015, 04:57:13 PM
So, I'm back in London.

Plus sides: ready availability of lamb samosas.  Actual 24 hour shopping.
Negatives: not seeing daylight for three days in a row.  Uh....

Due to them wanting me down here on an awkward date, I wasn't able to actually bring all my stuff with me.  I also, unforunately, was expected to work overnight on the same day I moved in...so I'm currently surrounded by half unpacked stuff and microwave meals (because I couldn't bring my cooking stuff down). 

Living accomodations seem alright - not keen on the main road facing window, but I have a decent kitchen and the flat is set back from the rest of the building, minimising the noise from the students.  Still not sure what is going on work wise - it seems we have 20 different registers and putting me on duty last night with another new person probably did not help matters much.  But they seem to have plentiful staff and that staff seem at least competent, though no doubt my opinion on that will change as I figure out what the paperwork actually means.

Seems like a decent halfway house between the more laissez faire place I originally worked for in London, and the totalitarian society envisaged by the one in Switzerland.  Not really met many students, but working nights I will basically see them as they come in, make sure they are in bed, and then sit in the reception area all night surfing Reddit and looking at pictures of lolcats, at least until they fix the WiFi.

Which is the other thing.  The internet here is awesome.  20 mbps download speed, 50 mbps upload speed....once my proper computer is here, I should have sufficient bandwidth for easy and regular Youtube uploads.  I will also try livestreaming again...since I'm working nights anyway, and I can shop any time of the day, I'm more on American than UK time in the first place, and staying up all night isn't really gonna bother me.

I'd frickin' kill to live in London.
Molon Lube