News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Goddamn I wish I had a TV-B-Gone

Started by Brotep, August 24, 2009, 04:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brotep

"Ellen" is on in the hotel lobby where I'm waiting for my ride.

With special guest Deepak Chopra.  Who proclaims with a straight face that money can't buy happiness while he plugs yet another stupid book.

Seriously, the man must be fucking loaded after all this time.  I mean, maybe not as rich as "Ramtha" but who is?

Golden Applesauce

Most TVs (but not all!) have 'off' buttons.  Don't be afraid to use them - the gods of television are generally far too lazy to get of their couch and smite you.

If you can't find an off button, plugs and cable inputs work just as well.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Brotep

Quote from: GA on August 24, 2009, 04:56:43 PM
Most TVs (but not all!) have 'off' buttons.

Whoa.  You're sure about this?

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Anton on August 24, 2009, 04:59:12 PM

It's an unfalsifiable statement.  You'd have to check the majority of television sets for 'off' buttons, and even if you fail to find them I can just say you weren't looking in the right place.

I'm sure you can't disprove me, at least.

Brotep

Quote from: GA on August 24, 2009, 05:01:35 PM

It's an unfalsifiable statement.  You'd have to check the majority of television sets for 'off' buttons, and even if you fail to find them I can just say you weren't looking in the right place.

Well, that all depends on what the meaning of "off button" is.

Cainad (dec.)

I just googled TV-B-Gone and now I have yet another item on my list of wonderful things that I must have.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Anton on August 24, 2009, 05:06:01 PM
Quote from: GA on August 24, 2009, 05:01:35 PM

Well, that all depends on what the meaning of "off button" is.

:crankey:

Brotep

:lulz:

Quote from: Cainad on August 24, 2009, 05:09:42 PM
I just googled TV-B-Gone and now I have yet another item on my list of wonderful things that I must have.
Yeah...If this continues, I might just have one rush-delivered to the hotel lobby.

"Notorious Newsmakers of the 90s: where are they now?  On the next Oprah."   :roll:

LMNO

Quote from: Anton on August 24, 2009, 05:13:19 PM

"Notorious Newsmakers of the 90s: where are they now?  On the next Oprah."   :roll:

I like how they answered their own question there.

Epimetheus

QuoteDeepak Chopra.  Who proclaims with a straight face that money can't buy happiness while he plugs yet another stupid book.

Money can't buy happiness. But it buys food and water and shelter. These things help me survive. I want to survive so I can continue to experience non-money-bought happiness.

sounds reasonable to me.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

If you can't find an off button, plugs and cable inputs work just as well.
:lmnuendo:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dimocritus

Quote from: Anton on August 24, 2009, 04:52:27 PM

With special guest Deepak Chopra.  Who proclaims with a straight face that money can't buy happiness while he plugs yet another stupid book.

Seriously, the man must be fucking loaded after all this time.  I mean, maybe not as rich as "Ramtha" but who is?

How can you insinuate Ramtha is a fraud? I mean, the accent! And the pipe! She Smokes a friggin pipe, for christ-sake. Don't you know women can't smoke pipes? He/she's got to be authentic!
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Brotep

Quote from: Dimo1138 on August 25, 2009, 08:47:21 PM

With special guest Deepak Chopra.  Who proclaims with a straight face that money can't buy happiness while he plugs yet another stupid book.

Seriously, the man must be fucking loaded after all this time.  I mean, maybe not as rich as "Ramtha" but who is?

How can you insinuate Ramtha is a fraud? I mean, the accent! And the pipe! She Smokes a friggin pipe, for christ-sake. Don't you know women can't smoke pipes? He/she's got to be authentic!

Well shit, I can't argue with that logic.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Anton on August 26, 2009, 02:50:57 PM

With special guest Deepak Chopra.  Who proclaims with a straight face that money can't buy happiness while he plugs yet another stupid book.

Seriously, the man must be fucking loaded after all this time.  I mean, maybe not as rich as "Ramtha" but who is?

Look at my avatar.  Doesn't it inspire trust?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2009, 02:58:49 PM
Quote from: Anton on August 26, 2009, 02:50:57 PM

Look at my avatar.  Doesn't it inspire trust?

If by "trust" you mean a foreboding and vaguely bowel-upsetting sense that even so much as looking at that visage means my life is about to irrevocably change for the weirder, then yes.