News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Time for a change.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 06, 2011, 01:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Dysfunctional Cunt

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on March 06, 2011, 07:09:41 AM
So who is it?

poptart?

My preference would be to not start a lynch mob at this point until some facts are known.  However, if this is for real then this would be a suitable reaction:

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 06, 2011, 03:33:17 PM

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Captain Utopia on March 06, 2011, 04:47:33 PM
Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on March 06, 2011, 07:09:41 AM
So who is it?

poptart?

My preference would be to not start a lynch mob at this point until some facts are known. 

Thats why I wish someone would tell us something.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Jasper

I thought I had some clue about what started this, but apparently I don't.  Hm.

East Coast Hustle

Don't worry about it. The situation will resolve itself and if it needs to resolve itself in a more public manner (which hopefully it won't) then everyone will be made way more aware of it than they'll want to be.

ETA: Please feel free to cut & paste this post for future use during any PD drama, as it's pretty much always going to be true.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

Good advice, now that I reflect on it. 

Phox

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 06, 2011, 07:46:35 PM
Don't worry about it. The situation will resolve itself and if it needs to resolve itself in a more public manner (which hopefully it won't) then everyone will be made way more aware of it than they'll want to be.

ETA: Please feel free to cut & paste this post for future use during any PD drama, as it's pretty much always going to be true.
Good point, ECH. I have not and will not seek further details, but my statement stands.

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 06, 2011, 05:35:32 AM
Not going into details, in case the people who told me about this misunderstood the situation.

I am instead going to rely on a policy of horrendous, out-of-proportion retaliation in the event that anything IRL occurs.
If someone from here is in any way trying to create an unwanted channel of communication with you off the boards they need to go and potentially have a restraining order Caustic Enema.

An arguments an argument, and if its on the internet that's where it stays.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 07, 2011, 12:18:20 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 06, 2011, 05:35:32 AM
Not going into details, in case the people who told me about this misunderstood the situation.

I am instead going to rely on a policy of horrendous, out-of-proportion retaliation in the event that anything IRL occurs.
If someone from here is in any way trying to create an unwanted channel of communication with you off the boards they need to go and potentially have a restraining order Caustic Enema.

An arguments an argument, and if its on the internet that's where it stays.

That's kind of what I'm hoping.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

If there's a chance its bullshit that's promising, if it isn't then I don't know what to say other then I can do my best to fully remove them from here. I will not allow illegal or threats towards users such as IRL stalking them from here, as much to cover my own ass legally as to protect the users of the site.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 07, 2011, 12:37:25 AM
If there's a chance its bullshit that's promising, if it isn't then I don't know what to say other then I can do my best to fully remove them from here. I will not allow illegal or threats towards users such as IRL stalking them from here, as much to cover my own ass legally as to protect the users of the site.

I don't think we're at that point, Faust.  I have heard different things from 3-4 different people, but nothing that was a direct threat of IRL action.  My PMs to the person involved haven't been answered, but that in itself means nothing.

Barring any sign of anything actually happening, I'm assuming "innocent until proven Tentasticle."
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Hopefully that's the case, but keep me in the loop if you need a hand.

Suu

Or if he plans on telling us what's wrong with the Cult of Roger.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 06, 2011, 01:03:42 AM
Well, given the recent shennanigans, it's fairly obvious that something has to give.  Hell, looks like something DID give.

What it all boils down to is that I'm not accomplishing anything.  Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm just spinning my wheels.  As a result, I've decided on a few things:

1.  I will continue the Horrorology threads, which will appear approximately whenever I have something I feel is worth saying.  Right now, I have quite a bit to say, so expect next week to bring 3-5 new threads.  After that, I can't say, though I suspect I will continue at about the same rate.  As far as the recent idiocy goes, if anyone still has a grudge, go right ahead.  So long as it stays online, you may find it rather boring, though, as I no longer care about it, and won't participate.

2.  I will tie up a few loose ends.  I never did post all the letters I wrote last year, for example.

3.  I will continue to perform admin functions as required.

4.  Aside from the above, I'm going to take a break from things, for 3 reasons, none of which involve butthurt:

- In the interests of SCIENCE, I want to see if Cram and Rat were barking up the right tree about reasons for people leaving, etc.  Related note:  Despite the statements I made during my portion of the tantrum, nobody has to erase my shit from anywhere.

- I have a new idea that I'm chasing, but the nature of the idea means it won't work here.  If it works out, I will be inviting a few people in on the idea as it progresses.

- I'm simply bogged down with obligations.  I want to finish editing LMNO's stuff in time for it to go in the mail on Thursday, I owe Pent a script, I owe Manubu a set of science fiction rules for pathfinder (those will be available to anyone that wants them), and I have a whole raft of personal, IRL things that I simply MUST take care of.

Thanks again for your help on my stuff, and I'm looking forward to more Horrorologys.  And good luck with your off-board projects, too.