OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My dad is here "educating" me on some of the same things he's been educating me on for the last 20 years. I don't know what it is about guys of a certain age who love to lecture, but jesus it's tiresome. History lectures all up and down this bitch. If I wanted to know, I'd look it up in a book.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

ALSO I TOTALLY DIDN'T TAKE HISTORY CLASSES BECAUSE I DON'T FUCKING CARE. I DON'T CARE I DON'T CARE I DON'T CARE STOP TALKING DAD.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's a combination of unbelievably boring and shit I already know. Oh god he's going to start talking about war next, I just know it.

Cain

Turns out the government took 20% of my pay, despite me not earning enough to get taxed.

I'm mildly annoyed by this.  I'm even more annoyed that, when I relayed this information to my parents, their response was bullshit along the lines of "everyone has to pay taxes".  Yeah, and if I were bitching about that, then your response would actually make sense.  I've never complained about paying taxes, I am annoyed however when I lose 1/5th of my pay for no good reason.

I'm actually more annoyed at being treated like a moron than I am about losing the pay.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on April 12, 2014, 06:34:15 PM
Turns out the government took 20% of my pay, despite me not earning enough to get taxed.

I'm mildly annoyed by this.  I'm even more annoyed that, when I relayed this information to my parents, their response was bullshit along the lines of "everyone has to pay taxes".  Yeah, and if I were bitching about that, then your response would actually make sense.  I've never complained about paying taxes, I am annoyed however when I lose 1/5th of my pay for no good reason.

I'm actually more annoyed at being treated like a moron than I am about losing the pay.

It's not taxes, it's an interest-free loan!

Cain

:lol:

True.  Good thing I don't need that money right away, or I'd really be screwed.

Freeky

So my car died.  There is an oil leak from somewhere above the starter, and stick a fork in it, because that starter is DONE.  I am wondering if I shouldn't sell it, and then use the money to get notebook or something and some internet subsidy whatsit program, and just ride the bus.  I'll get a car when I get enough for a downpayment on one from a job, it might be better.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on April 13, 2014, 01:50:04 AM
So my car died.  There is an oil leak from somewhere above the starter, and stick a fork in it, because that starter is DONE.  I am wondering if I shouldn't sell it, and then use the money to get notebook or something and some internet subsidy whatsit program, and just ride the bus.  I'll get a car when I get enough for a downpayment on one from a job, it might be better.

Starters are cheap, for what it's worth.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 13, 2014, 04:31:58 AM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on April 13, 2014, 01:50:04 AM

Starters are cheap, for what it's worth.

Hella cheap, I've replaced 3.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Can be a PITA to replace though, depending on the car.

Eater of Clowns

I am in New Bedford again.

I am so, soo happy about this.

Painfully happy.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Went away for a few days. To a weekend Fiber Expo thingie and a remarkably unremarkable hotel. Already tired of being back. WOO!
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Suu

We finally found our apartment after 2 months of habitation. I can now eat on my kitchen table, rather than deal with moving sewing shit out of the way first. Exterminator is coming tomorrow to deal with the presents the neighbors left us, and all I can think about is The Naked Lunch.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 14, 2014, 01:46:51 AM
I am in New Bedford again.

I am so, soo happy about this.

Painfully happy.

Think how *I* feel.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Uuuuuuugggggggggggggh

Cain,
uuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhh

The day after nightshifts are over always sucks.