News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 17, 2012, 02:06:34 AM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 17, 2012, 12:37:18 AM
Dingo's recent actions positively REEK of Captain Utopia. Especially the part where he thinks he's being reasonable in spite of it being totally obvious to everyone else how utterly fucked up his words and actions are.

Dingo, there's no reason for me to ban you from PD (personal feelings aside) but I will have to absolutely insist that the Chasing Eris project and any future projects you might look to publish are not in any way connected to PD.com. I don't even want this site, any of the content in this site, or any of the usernames on this site mentioned at all, not even in passing.

Post seen.

I've decided that in spite of your poor judgment and in spite of what I think about how you treated Nigel and others in the FB group, I'm not writing you off as a person. Everyone fucks up, even people who are otherwise worthwhile. I do think you owe a sincere apology to Nigel and anyone else you treated with a dictatorial hand in a discordian facebook group. Because that shit really DOES reek of Captain Utopia and I don't think you're really like that.

This, of course, will change drastically should my wishes in regards to this site not be respected.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

One of the things that bothers me, and one of the reasons I don't want to be in any way associated with that "person", is that it doesn't matter how much I disavow sharing his views, it could affect my ability to get a job working with children or adolescents. "I'm not one of the ones who's into that" doesn't go very far.

In the unlikely event he becomes a public spokesperson for Discordia, and I am identified as associating with Discordians, the same could apply. Luckily that's incredibly improbable.

I am nauseated by the people who are saying "Well, he advocates some objectionable ideas about adults having sex with underage kids, but he's a fellow Discordian". That goes about as far with me as the Catholic Church saying "Well, he fondled a few altar boys, but he's a prominent figure in the Church" or the BBC saying "Well, he raped a few teenage girls, but his show gets good ratings".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: CAKE on November 16, 2012, 10:46:47 PM
I am also pretty irritated that I got my ass jumped in his group just for ASKING whether it was true that Uncle BadTouch was involved, and a ton of assumptions poured onto my question, including that I was giving an ultimatum, which I never fucking did, but was Dingo putting words in my mouth. And THEN I was banned, while I was away at classes, without a chance to finish my end of the conversation or to defend myself from the accusation that I was somehow trying to "control" Dingo's project.

The Cult of Uncle BadTouch.  :vom:
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2012, 02:07:35 AM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 17, 2012, 02:06:34 AM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 17, 2012, 12:37:18 AM
Dingo's recent actions positively REEK of Captain Utopia. Especially the part where he thinks he's being reasonable in spite of it being totally obvious to everyone else how utterly fucked up his words and actions are.

Dingo, there's no reason for me to ban you from PD (personal feelings aside) but I will have to absolutely insist that the Chasing Eris project and any future projects you might look to publish are not in any way connected to PD.com. I don't even want this site, any of the content in this site, or any of the usernames on this site mentioned at all, not even in passing.

Post seen.

Um, Dingo, that was an interesting way of wording that.

Pretty noncommittal, I agree.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2012, 02:17:03 AM
There's some really fucked up shit down this rabbit hole.

http://www.Uncle BadTouch.org/

"The Uncle BadTouch Family Blog"?

Uncle BadTouch FAMILY?

Spahn Ranch redux.  :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2012, 01:31:36 AM
http://discordia.Uncle BadTouch.org/church/index.html

Ew ew ew

I can't find a projectile vomit gif that lives up to this.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2012, 02:29:56 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 17, 2012, 02:23:25 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2012, 02:17:03 AM
There's some really fucked up shit down this rabbit hole.

http://www.Uncle BadTouch.org/

Why's this dude got so many websites?

It's very.....

There's a lot of adjectives running through my head right now.

http://Uncle BadTouch.org/blog/love_and_sex/  <--- Don't click that.  No shit.

Too late.  :x
http://Uncle BadTouch.org/blog/2011/03/to_hug_to_pinch_to_pat_or_not_1.html#more

The Good Reverend Roger

No thanks, I've seen more than enough.  I'm more than slightly disgusted.

But any doubts I may have had are now gone forever.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 17, 2012, 03:13:28 AM

I've decided that in spite of your poor judgment and in spite of what I think about how you treated Nigel and others in the FB group, I'm not writing you off as a person.

You're a better person than I am.

Dingo's a fucktard.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Placid Dingo

I'm happy to address a few points here and there, to clarify but I'm for the must part not going to take a great deal of time to talk in this particular thread, as it's clearly not of use to me as an organising thread.

1. In terms of what I write, I do intend to make explicit that I and Discordia at large are opposed to and appalled by paedophilia/hebephilia (sp?). There've been some completely legitimate concerns regarding the possible implication of others being OK with that, to the point that I agree it needs to be made explicit. I think I want to expand on this soon, and will cross post it.

2. I agree in terms of my actions in terms of the FB group. I had thought I had said as much privately to Nigel but I looked over my message and it wasn't really an apology. So, to the four people I took out of the group, I apologise; I'm sorry for the way in which it was done. I am using this page as a trip organiser and will be limiting membership to people who want involvement but the way I went about achieving that was a dick move.

3. I have not and do not intend to unfriend anyone on Facebook. I suspect some of the people accusing me of doing so were never connected to me on Facebook to begin with. It's petty, passive aggressive behaviour, and I don't indulge in it.

4. If I take a long time to respond to anyone, it will be because I'm crazy busy moving, marking and getting ready for next year. Not because I'm snubbing. (Twid, I'll hit you back in a few hours)
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: CAKE on November 17, 2012, 03:16:52 AM
One of the things that bothers me, and one of the reasons I don't want to be in any way associated with that "person", is that it doesn't matter how much I disavow sharing his views, it could affect my ability to get a job working with children or adolescents. "I'm not one of the ones who's into that" doesn't go very far.

In the unlikely event he becomes a public spokesperson for Discordia, and I am identified as associating with Discordians, the same could apply. Luckily that's incredibly improbable.

I am nauseated by the people who are saying "Well, he advocates some objectionable ideas about adults having sex with underage kids, but he's a fellow Discordian". That goes about as far with me as the Catholic Church saying "Well, he fondled a few altar boys, but he's a prominent figure in the Church" or the BBC saying "Well, he raped a few teenage girls, but his show gets good ratings".

Even when I was a totally Pagan Pagan and not a flirting with Pope Jesus Christian, this applies.

The Roman Catholic Church should disavow and defrock their pedophiles.

I don't see why Eris should not do the same.

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Dingo, I would like you to address my concerns, and admit that you're only doing this for journalistic integrity and that everyone who is still involved has been informed and can make a "fuck this guy I'm out" call.

Because I'm sorry.

Every group in the world has a fucking pedophile.

Do we need to point at ours, or should we just kick his ass and put him in jail?

What's his age limit? What jurisdiction does he live in?

Nephew Twiddleton

Dingo has responded.

My priorities are to return to Ireland. So Faust, English and Scottish and Scandinavian spags:
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,33715.0.html

No ill will, but I am no longer tied to New England anymore than I already am, other than the Tucson delegation in spring. Anarchangel is my reason for being in the Northeastern part of the United States. My grandfather and father are my reason to not be in New England.

Phox

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 17, 2012, 04:14:25 AM
I'm happy to address a few points here and there, to clarify but I'm for the must part not going to take a great deal of time to talk in this particular thread, as it's clearly not of use to me as an organising thread.

1. In terms of what I write, I do intend to make explicit that I and Discordia at large are opposed to and appalled by paedophilia/hebephilia (sp?). There've been some completely legitimate concerns regarding the possible implication of others being OK with that, to the point that I agree it needs to be made explicit. I think I want to expand on this soon, and will cross post it.

2. I agree in terms of my actions in terms of the FB group. I had thought I had said as much privately to Nigel but I looked over my message and it wasn't really an apology. So, to the four people I took out of the group, I apologise; I'm sorry for the way in which it was done. I am using this page as a trip organiser and will be limiting membership to people who want involvement but the way I went about achieving that was a dick move.

3. I have not and do not intend to unfriend anyone on Facebook. I suspect some of the people accusing me of doing so were never connected to me on Facebook to begin with. It's petty, passive aggressive behaviour, and I don't indulge in it.

4. If I take a long time to respond to anyone, it will be because I'm crazy busy moving, marking and getting ready for next year. Not because I'm snubbing. (Twid, I'll hit you back in a few hours)
Oh fuck right the hell off.

I have no vested interest in either your project or in Uncle BadTouch. But you know, when you come right out and SAY that anyone who isn't doesn't want to participate is Uncle BadTouch is involved should go fuck themselves, that sends a clear signal, don't it? And certainly, YOUR word is going to hold a lot of water after your hypocritical little nonsense, about your real name, yeah?

But I digress. Let me get to the point. You, sir, are the worst kind of snake-oil salesman. You don't actually care about representing "Discordia", you care about something else. Controversy, maybe? Getting the "big" names? Internet famous? Whatever. Doesn't matter. If you wanted to give an accurate portrayal of "modern Discordia", then Uncle BadTouch wouldn't be in it, and the rest of those who protested would. You are holding onto one (1) person's contributions, at the risk of losing... 5, 10, 50, 100? At what point is the loss enough?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 17, 2012, 04:14:25 AM

That was just me. We were friends on Facebook, but after I saw I was blocked from the group I went to message you and found that we no longer were. I didn't unfriend you, so...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."