News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Mommy Shaming

Started by Dildo Argentino, November 13, 2013, 04:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 11:56:37 PM
Quote from: Pæs on November 20, 2013, 11:54:48 PM
Yeah, why on earth might someone just walk away rather than continue conversing with you while you're in one of those moods where everyone is an asshole?
It's totally unlike you to carry a grudge around over your interpretation (no clarification sought) of statements made in this conversations.

Dude, I'm okay with "I'm not having this conversation while you are foaming at the mouth."

It was the WAY you said it.
I'ma reread it.

The "not going to bother"? Yeah, okay, I can see that.

"I'm not having this conversation while you are foaming at the mouth." was the intent, and not seeing the dismissiveness, after"Righteo, my good man.  I'll just fuck off then." I was convinced that you were looking for a fight either way.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on November 21, 2013, 12:01:02 AM
Yeah, why on earth might someone just walk away rather than continue conversing with you while you're in one of those moods where everyone is an asshole?
It's totally unlike you to carry a grudge around over your interpretation (no clarification sought) of statements made in this conversations.

Dude, I'm okay with "I'm not having this conversation while you are foaming at the mouth."

I'ma reread it.

"I'm not having this conversation while you are foaming at the mouth." was the intent, and not seeing the dismissiveness, after"Righteo, my good man.  I'll just fuck off then." I was convinced that you were looking for a fight either way.

No, when I'm looking for a fight, there's not much doubt about it.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pæs

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 21, 2013, 03:48:48 AM
Quote from: Pæs on November 21, 2013, 12:01:02 AM

I'ma reread it.

No, when I'm looking for a fight, there's not much doubt about it.   :lulz:
Yeah, sorry man. That's my failure to express myself, there.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

All's well that ends well!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Payne

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 21, 2013, 04:26:46 AM

A midsummer nights dream!

With Roger as Puck!

The Paes doth keep his revels here to-night:
Take heed Nigel come not within his sight;
For Paesior is passing fell and wrath,
Because that she as her attendant hath
A lovely boy, stolen from an Indian king;
She never had so sweet a changeling;
And jealous Paesior would have the child
Knight of his train, to trace the forests wild;
But she perforce withholds the loved boy,
Crowns him with flowers and makes him all her joy:
And now they never meet in grove or green,
By fountain clear, or spangled starlight sheen,
But, they do square, that all their elves for fear
Creep into acorn-cups and hide them there.

Pæs

Dildo Argentino

Feel free to turn it into more if you're bored, though. I'm okay with being portrayed as holist's new best friend.

But I'm not OK with Paes being portrayed as my new best friend! My old best friend may object. :)
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Pæs

Quote from: holist on November 21, 2013, 05:58:59 AM
Feel free to turn it into more if you're bored, though. I'm okay with being portrayed as holist's new best friend.

But I'm not OK with Paes being portrayed as my new best friend! My old best friend may object. :)
WHY DON'T WE ASK HIM?

Holist, do you object?

Dildo Argentino

Also, I didn't tell any mother they were not raising their kids right. I expressed surprise at the Little Man being the way he is with no particular reason and asked for clarification. In between the shower of abuse that generated, I actually was given an explanation. But that doesn't matter, because a frustrated middle-aged American engineer with toddler-discipline and marital problems, and questionable views on art, has spent years of diligent work laying out a little piece of turf for himself, which he protects fiercely. His toolkit is defined by his favourite hobbies: character assassination and manipulative lying.

See the thing that changed when this started is very simple: while so far I did continue to harbour the ambition of getting to a point where at least a part of PD understand and voice that understanding, I've finally given that up. The web of taboo is too strong, Roger's policing too practised, too successful.

For a while, I viewed starting with homeopathy way back when, and the lower-case only writing, as mistakes. And in general, testing a new social environment immediately with what I perceive it to be the heaviest implement available is indeed a character-flaw (see my 'first attempt at standing on hind legs'). But here, it worked. The outcome would have been no different had I begun on a less controversial note. It simply would have required more time.

Apart from that, I got attacked, hated and dismissed for believing and arguing that:

Third-world cities differ from first-world cities in a fundamental way
There may be interesting differences between the archaic and the modern human mind (people born and raised and spending their lives in monolythic cultures as opposed to the current megapopulation)
That freelance translation has a number of aspects that are similar to prostitution
That the bad thing, or the fundamental bad thing about the sex-industry may not be the exchange of sex for money, and that it may be possible to arrange a sex industry in a manner that makes it very significantly less damaging for the sex-workers
That 'authenticity' is a term that is validly applicable to music and to art in general
That a child who is like the Little Man described by Gogira does not get that way without appropriate, traumatic environmental influences

I think I may have missed out one or two...

Yep. I'm a monster.

Nigel (a special, personal message for Nigel): when it comes to condescending, you do quite well, too. But 'there are likeable aspects to your personality', too, and I haven't, as yet, given up on 'being kind to you' and 'trying to befriend'.

:)

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Pæs on November 21, 2013, 06:01:23 AM

WHY DON'T WE ASK HIM?

Holist, do you object?

Try harder, I think. It's almost funny. :)

Verbal Mike

Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on November 21, 2013, 05:37:41 AM

With Roger as Puck!

EARF RECIEVE AN HONORED GUEST
DOKTOR HOWL IS LAID TO REST
SHOULD HAVE SHOT THE STUPID PEST
169% OWNED!  NEVER TEST!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on November 21, 2013, 06:22:49 AM
Quote from: Pæs on November 21, 2013, 06:01:23 AM

WHY DON'T WE ASK HIM?

Holist, do you object?

Try harder, I think. It's almost funny. :)

hooplala

Quote from: holist on November 21, 2013, 06:21:38 AM
Also, I didn't tell any mother they were not raising their kids right. I expressed surprise at the Little Man being the way he is with no particular reason and asked for clarification. In between the shower of abuse that generated, I actually was given an explanation. But that doesn't matter, because a frustrated middle-aged American engineer with toddler-discipline and marital problems, and questionable views on art, has spent years of diligent work laying out a little piece of turf for himself, which he protects fiercely. His toolkit is defined by his favourite hobbies: character assassination and manipulative lying.

See the thing that changed when this started is very simple: while so far I did continue to harbour the ambition of getting to a point where at least a part of PD understand and voice that understanding, I've finally given that up. The web of taboo is too strong, Roger's policing too practised, too successful.

For a while, I viewed starting with homeopathy way back when, and the lower-case only writing, as mistakes. And in general, testing a new social environment immediately with what I perceive it to be the heaviest implement available is indeed a character-flaw (see my 'first attempt at standing on hind legs'). But here, it worked. The outcome would have been no different had I begun on a less controversial note. It simply would have required more time.

Apart from that, I got attacked, hated and dismissed for believing and arguing that:

Third-world cities differ from first-world cities in a fundamental way
There may be interesting differences between the archaic and the modern human mind (people born and raised and spending their lives in monolythic cultures as opposed to the current megapopulation)
That freelance translation has a number of aspects that are similar to prostitution
That the bad thing, or the fundamental bad thing about the sex-industry may not be the exchange of sex for money, and that it may be possible to arrange a sex industry in a manner that makes it very significantly less damaging for the sex-workers
That 'authenticity' is a term that is validly applicable to music and to art in general
That a child who is like the Little Man described by Gogira does not get that way without appropriate, traumatic environmental influences

I think I may have missed out one or two...

Yep. I'm a monster.

Nigel (a special, personal message for Nigel): when it comes to condescending, you do quite well, too. But 'there are likeable aspects to your personality', too, and I haven't, as yet, given up on 'being kind to you' and 'trying to befriend'.

:)

You still don't seem to get that it's really just that nobody likes you.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Payne on November 21, 2013, 05:37:41 AM

With Roger as Puck!

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."