News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Mythos

"Trump lawyers claim Biden's 'Dark Brandon' mug was 'thinly-veiled' effort to taunt client over prosecution"

As per the article:

"Former President Donald Trump's legal team filed a response on Monday afternoon to special counsel Jack Smith's request for a protective order that would limit what the former president can say about the criminal trial against him. They broadly oppose the order, attacking it as an attempt to limit Trump's political speech.

But one bizarre claim in particular made it into the filing: That President Joe Biden used a mug to taunt Trump about the charges against him.

"President Biden has ... capitalized on the indictment, posting a thinly veiled reference to his administration's prosecution of President Trump just hours before arraignment," said the filing."

I checked and, sure enough, an image from Biden's YouTube video is right there on page 3 of the formal "RESPONSE IN OPPOSITION TO GOVERNMENT'S MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER." So, if the the lawyers who prepared this "formal response" are the best TFG could hire, perhaps he really should consider switching to an insanity defense. 

Here's the link to the article:    https://www.rawstory.com/dark-brandon/

And, here's the link to the actual YouTube video:   https://www.youtube.com/shorts/pCZNz1h7ixM
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

QuestionsTheSoil

Lunatic Zoomer Garbage and Unholy Androgyne
I have questions that can be answered with bottles of teeth
I sift through the broken ideas of the anomalous subconscious

Brother Mythos

"Trump co-defendant takes plea deal, agrees to testify in Georgia election case"

As per the article:

"One of former President Donald Trump's co-defendants charged in the Georgia election interference case is taking a plea deal in which he will agree to testify against others in the case.

Scott Hall appeared Friday in court for what Judge Scott McAfee said was a "negotiated resolution.""

This is the first plea deal in the Georgia election case, but it's unlikely to be the last. There are still seventeen (17) other co-defendants out there, some of whom might wish to make a deal in exchange for a lesser sentence. So, it's once again time to top off the ol' popcorn silo.

Here's the link:   https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-defendant-charged-georgia-election-interference-case-takes/story?id=103610288

Brother Mythos

"Trump Brags He's Got More Indictments Than Mob Boss Al Capone"

As per the article:

TFG said, "This was a seriously tough mobster. He was the, I guess you'd call him the king of the mobsters, right? Al Capone only got indicted once. I got indicted four times in mine."

The article doesn't say, but I suspect the MAGAts applauded their savior's brag.

Here's the link:   https://crooksandliars.com/2023/10/trump-brags-hes-got-more-indictments-mob

Brother Mythos

"Trump Enrages Judge as He Boils Over on the Witness Stand"

"At one point, a frustrated Judge Arthur Engoron ordered a 15-minute recess so Trump's legal team could coach him on proper courtroom behavior."

As per the article:

"When Donald Trump took the stand Monday in his $250 million fraud trial, the twice-impeached ex-president played all the hits. He was occasionally flustered, sometimes confused, often combative, and deflected any accusations whatsoever of wrongdoing, serving up boasts about his business acumen and real estate portfolio of what he described as the world's finest properties.

Trump veered wildly off-script, insulted New York Attorney General Letitia James, demeaned the judge, whined that the trial was "very unfair," and insisted that no one with money to lend should ever believe the Trump Organization's own financial statements. Confronted with conflicting data in documents that seemed to point to inflated values of a New York City property, Trump dissembled before sulking, "This is so crazy."

He also tested the judge's patience from the get-go, drawing numerous rebukes for not answering yes-or-no questions with a simple "yes" or "no.""

So far, the only real surprise is that TFG hasn't been charged with contempt of court. Still, this particular trial isn't over yet.

Here's the link:   https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-takes-the-stand-in-his-new-york-fraud-trial?ref=home?ref=home

Brother Mythos

"Attorney warned Trump 'it's going to be a crime' if he didn't comply with subpoena for classified docs: Sources"

"Trump attorney Jennifer Little spoke with federal investigators, sources said."

As per the article:

"One of former president Donald Trump's current attorneys told special counsel Jack Smith's team that, within days of the Justice Department issuing a subpoena last year for all classified documents at Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate, she "very clearly" warned Trump that if he failed to fully comply -- but then swore he did -- "it's going to be a crime," according to sources familiar with the matter.

Sources said the lawyer, Jennifer Little, told investigators Trump "absolutely" understood the warning, which came during a pivotal meeting at Mar-a-Lago with Trump and another attorney, Evan Corcoran, who had recently joined Trump's legal team."

This is a long article, but I thought it was well worth the read.

Here's the link:   Trump Attorney's Smoking Gun Testimony

Brother Mythos

"'Uh-oh': Psychic on Fox News pulls the Grim Reaper card for Trump"

Jesse Watters took a break from dealing in conspiracy theories on his prime-time show for an awkward moment with a psychic.

I think this clearly fall into the category: "If You Won't Like the Answer, Don't Ask the Question." And, this answer does not at all sound like it was very welcome to the Fox News Noise propagandist.

As per this article:

"In between peddling conspiracy theories and seeming to advocate violence on his show, Fox News host Jesse Watters has had no shortage of odd moments since taking over Tucker Carlson's prime-time slot in July.

On Tuesday night, he had another awkward moment when he brought out a psychic, Paula Roberts, to do a tarot card reading for Donald Trump, telling her to select a single card. Roberts, a self-described clairvoyant and ghost hunter, then pulled out the Grim Reaper card."

And, believe it or not, the tarot card reading got even worse from there. Now, I know nothing about tarot cards, but I found this whole incident to be hilarious.

Here's a link:      Psychic Predicts Bad News for TFG

Pergamos

Quote from: Brother Mythos on January 04, 2024, 01:29:07 PM
"'Uh-oh': Psychic on Fox News pulls the Grim Reaper card for Trump"

Jesse Watters took a break from dealing in conspiracy theories on his prime-time show for an awkward moment with a psychic.

I think this clearly fall into the category: "If You Won't Like the Answer, Don't Ask the Question." And, this answer does not at all sound like it was very welcome to the Fox News Noise propagandist.

As per this article:

"In between peddling conspiracy theories and seeming to advocate violence on his show, Fox News host Jesse Watters has had no shortage of odd moments since taking over Tucker Carlson's prime-time slot in July.

On Tuesday night, he had another awkward moment when he brought out a psychic, Paula Roberts, to do a tarot card reading for Donald Trump, telling her to select a single card. Roberts, a self-described clairvoyant and ghost hunter, then pulled out the Grim Reaper card."

And, believe it or not, the tarot card reading got even worse from there. Now, I know nothing about tarot cards, but I found this whole incident to be hilarious.

Here's a link:      Psychic Predicts Bad News for TFG

That card is called "death" not the grim reaper, and it represents a dramatic change, a break from the old way of things and the birth of new.  It isn't positive or negative by default,  depends on the context.  (I've been reading tarot since I was a child, and was professional for several years)

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Pergamos on January 04, 2024, 08:10:44 PM

That card is called "death" not the grim reaper, and it represents a dramatic change, a break from the old way of things and the birth of new.  It isn't positive or negative by default,  depends on the context.  (I've been reading tarot since I was a child, and was professional for several years)

The following correction has been issued since I first posted this article:

"CORRECTION (Jan. 4, 2024, 1:18 p.m. ET): A previous version of this article, in a headline and text, misstated the tarot card that was drawn. It was the Five of Cups, not the Grim Reaper."

So, how do you interpret drawing the Five of Cups for TFG?

And, as per further along in the original article:

"Watters also asked Roberts to do a one-card reading for President Joe Biden, and she pulled out the Nine of Pentacles card.

"Lots and lots and lots and lots of money. Lots of money," she says, to which Watters responds: "From China?""

And so, in this particular case, how do you interpret drawing the Nine of Pentacles for President Joe Biden?

As I've already written, I know nothing about tarot. But, I have studied the I Ching for many years. So, even being a natural skeptic, I take the divinations of the I Ching very seriously. Therefore, I have no basis for believing that other worthy methods of divination do not also exist.

Pergamos

It depends on the deck, there's a few different ways to assign meaning to the cards, the five of cups usually means disappointment and frustration with your failures that keeps you from realizing you have successes as well.  I'd read that as he loses the election but doesn't go to prison, and whines like crazy. 

9 of pentacles meanwhile usually means a harvest that comes from investment of time and effort.  I'd read that as Biden wins the election because he's put the work in to do so, particularly after the 5 of cups for Trump.

For context I have been thinking logically that Trump is going to win, so that reading goes against my logical read of the situation, but that looks like what the cards say.

9 of Pents can mean lots of money, but that's usually in a context involving investment, or business decisions.

Brother Mythos

Thanks for your interpretations.

From what you have described, I suspect that tarot readings and I Ching consultations do not work in the same way. Then again, I can't think of any good reason why they should be expected to work in the same way.