News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

i am your ENEMY

Started by Pope Lecherous, July 25, 2012, 07:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 26, 2012, 05:07:31 AM
Dude,  all I can think of every time you say "The Game" is those stupid seduction schemes. Like "The Rules" for lonely basement-dwelling guys, as opposed to 30-year-old virgin women who live with their mothers and 14 cats.

That's a mini-game within The Game, hahaha.  There are rules for that too and it doesn't include canned material.
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Blackfoot on July 26, 2012, 05:13:02 AM
Dude,  all I can think of every time you say "The Game" is those stupid seduction schemes. Like "The Rules" for lonely basement-dwelling guys, as opposed to 30-year-old virgin women who live with their mothers and 14 cats.

That's a mini-game within The Game, hahaha.  There are rules for that too and it doesn't include canned material.

Ugh
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 07:16:26 PM
Quote from: Blackfoot on July 25, 2012, 06:51:47 PM
I realize that what i feel under the influence of drugs may not reflect reality (understatement).

I feel that what you feel under the influence of drugs reflects your reality at the time you're feeling it.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Anna Mae Bollocks

That's probably the template.  :x

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 26, 2012, 05:13:47 AM

Ugh

You know how you DON'T like a guy to approach you right?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Blackfoot on July 26, 2012, 06:00:01 AM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 26, 2012, 05:13:47 AM

Ugh

You know how you DON'T like a guy to approach you right?

No. Are you going to tell me?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: Blackfoot on July 25, 2012, 09:02:11 PM
String theory entered the equation because the concept in the video i linked is the closest thing to a scientific analogy i could find.  It's also popular (most people on this forum have probably come across it) and simple for the layman to understand.

The very fact that it's both an analogy and simple to understand guarantees it's horribly wrong.

The Good Reverend Roger

Wow.

So the cynical objectification of the person you're chasing is the same, but the delivery is different.

That makes everything okay.

Blarg.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 26, 2012, 03:00:24 PM

Wow.

So the cynical objectification of the person you're chasing is the same, but the delivery is different.

Blarg.

I'm not a "PUA" and i'm not prepared to defend womanizing, but i know there are guys out there that have healthy attitudes towards relationships and women and can easily pick up women.  Have you ever seen the guys who appeared on Mystery's show?  A lot of them are straight toolbags... and then there are guys that seem to be good genuinely good guys that wonder why an attractive woman won't pay them a second thought.  If these "good" guys can learn how to socialize with women and learn confidence in themselves i'm all for it.  As far as learning "techniques" to pick up women I don't see a problem as long as these are tips to build attraction, interest, and comfort and not methods to deceive.  Or i suppose these guys can keep banging their heads against the wall when they don't ever seem to understand why no one wants to give them a chance.  If any "program" offers anything i think the foundation should be learning confidence and how to be a chill and relaxed dude, and how to screen a woman out the kind of woman who wouldn't be a good match for a healthy relationship... and perhaps to help heal the damage done to them.

ETA: shit... you can get these things by taking a public speaking course, or maybe getting some fashion tips and a makeover, learning some culture and having some interesting shit to talk about.

Freeky

"Screen a woman out?" What, relationships are a fucking job interview?

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 26, 2012, 06:17:52 PM
"Screen a woman out?" What, relationships are a fucking job interview?

Yea, like help realize the signs of a manipulative psychopath BEFORE you get in too deep.  I know that kind of takes some of the fun out of it, but i'm sure you see how this might be helpful.

ETA: Not the relationship, but the dating process. Wouldn't you say that normally each date is kind of like a two-way interview, just not in the professional format?  Guys that have limited ability with females usually end up in a cycle where only they are the ones being judged and evaluated.  If they can learn that they have the right to be selective, not taking anything that comes their way and that they don't have to settle for less it can be a form of empowerment.

Anna Mae Bollocks

WTF, is this place turning into the last refuge of the hopeless?  :x

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 26, 2012, 06:48:53 PM

Am i hopeless?  Is it ridiculous to believe that men can learn how to pick up women and in the process develop traits that will help them in other areas of life?  Is it ridiculous to believe that someone can learn these whatever "lessons" they might have to learn from these courses, but have a moral code of their own so they can meet the ethical standards of PD and... you know, not abuse women or get into relationships with abusive women?

Am i hopeless because sometimes when i'm high i contemplate the nature of time and come up with ridiculous ideas AND i want to talk about them when i'm sober?  Look down your nose at me if you want to.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Blackfoot on July 26, 2012, 05:19:48 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 26, 2012, 03:00:24 PM

Wow.

Blarg.

I'm not a "PUA" and i'm not prepared to defend womanizing, but i know there are guys out there that have healthy attitudes towards relationships and women and can easily pick up women.  Have you ever seen the guys who appeared on Mystery's show?  A lot of them are straight toolbags... and then there are guys that seem to be good genuinely good guys that wonder why an attractive woman won't pay them a second thought.  If these "good" guys can learn how to socialize with women and learn confidence in themselves i'm all for it.  As far as learning "techniques" to pick up women I don't see a problem as long as these are tips to build attraction, interest, and comfort and not methods to deceive.  Or i suppose these guys can keep banging their heads against the wall when they don't ever seem to understand why no one wants to give them a chance.  If any "program" offers anything i think the foundation should be learning confidence and how to be a chill and relaxed dude, and how to screen a woman out the kind of woman who wouldn't be a good match for a healthy relationship... and perhaps to help heal the damage done to them.

ETA: shit... you can get these things by taking a public speaking course, or maybe getting some fashion tips and a makeover, learning some culture and having some interesting shit to talk about.

Problem is, as far as I can tell, the PUA guides are largely designed to prevent anyone from getting laid, ever. I've been approached by guys who are clearly relying on them, and my immediate reaction is "oh, get real". Those guys would be better off going to a therapy group to learn how to relate to people in general.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Blackfoot on July 26, 2012, 07:14:35 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 26, 2012, 06:48:53 PM

Am i hopeless?  Is it ridiculous to believe that men can learn how to pick up women and in the process develop traits that will help them in other areas of life?  Is it ridiculous to believe that someone can learn these whatever "lessons" they might have to learn from these courses, but have a moral code of their own so they can meet the ethical standards of PD and... you know, not abuse women or get into relationships with abusive women?

Your answer to abusive relationships is PUA techniques?
STFU.