News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

Recent posts

Principia Discussion / Have a Tippling St. Tib's Day!
Last post by Brother Mythos - February 29, 2024, 01:44:20 AM
As it is written in our consecrated Principia Discordia, "ST. TIB'S DAY - occurs once every 4 years (1+4=5) and is inserted between the 59th and 60th days of the Season of Chaos."

That's it. That's all that is written, there ain't no more.

The Discordian Wiki was not particularly enlightening either. Although, I am marginally reassured to read that, "St. Tib is not a cabbage." But, a very little research (I googled "St. Tib.") leads me to believe our holy St. Tib's Day has it's origin in old Tibb's/Tipp's Eve, and Saint Tibb/Tib memes.

Getting back to our own hallowed Principia Discordia, I believe our own St. Tib is a Lieutenant Saint, since he/she doesn't appear to have much of a following. But, I assume he/she could be promoted to Brigadier Saint some leap year, if he/she ever takes an interest in establishing a following. Further, because of this leap year thingy, I suspect St. Tib is our patron/patroness saint of "interrelation" (timekeeping). And, as timekeeping is an orderly, aneristic activity, it seems an interesting thing for a Discordian saint to do. But, such is the nature of Discordianism.

So, based upon the old memes, I think the best way to celebrate St. Tib's Day is to honor him/her by pouring out an intoxicating libation, as per the sacred ritual practiced by the ancient Greeks, and tippling back, at least, one in his/her honor.

Hail Eris!
High Weirdness / Re: BanK A W
Last post by hirley0 - February 28, 2024, 06:50:44 PM
2024 FEBRUARY 28 2PM
NEW WAY TO GET THE NEW TIME RIGHT
 USING LINK's Avoiding pictures
5pm [74}BANK
https://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,39074.0.html
Only Maybe Arts Lab / Re: Am11
Last post by hirley0 - February 28, 2024, 06:34:41 PM
Will give this A Try. 5:30 PM first is my guess
".       
Quote from: ein Gefrorener Würfel on February 29, 2024, 08:50:04 PM
Quote from: A-guest1 on April 27, 2022, 11:04:10 PM6:43PM chromebook x360
nufft@yahoo.com https://time.is/PT
Said byby to Google \✓17th

^  NEW @ TOP ^             https://brasil.un.org/pt-br/sdgs     
 A-GUEST1    Mast1330   

Teh discordian post we deserve, not the one we need. Or wise versa

I didn't know if
https://www.nufft
Will ever conno

Only Maybe Arts Lab / Re: s. Schizophrenia ?
Last post by hirley0 - February 28, 2024, 09:34:07 AM
Quote from: hirley0 on February 28, 2024, 09:23:27 AM4:32
04:33&1/3 looking for SELLf
:35 as A-

04:56
Or Kill Me / Re: Time to switch sides
Last post by hirley0 - February 28, 2024, 09:30:09 AM
4:32
Only Maybe Arts Lab / Re: s. Schizophrenia ?
Last post by hirley0 - February 28, 2024, 09:23:27 AM
4:32
Two vast and trunkless legs of stone / Re: So this is us. This is how...
Last post by altered - February 28, 2024, 04:20:26 AM
I'm glad to hear you're doing okay, TWJ. I'm... not doing so great, actually, but there's a chance I exit the USA soon and get some real healthcare, so that's something.
Two vast and trunkless legs of stone / Re: Open Bar: Curbside Pickup ...
Last post by altered - February 28, 2024, 04:19:18 AM
I recently found out that not only did I get scurvy a second time, breaking a promise I made to my recently-dead partner, but I also had CRIPPLING copper, Omega-3 and vitamin B-complex deficiencies. There's bound to be even more dire deficiencies we don't know about.

Coincidentally, a couple weeks before this, my live-in partner and I had received in our regularly fruitless trips to the food bank a bag of nondescript Powdery Stuff. It called itself Ka'Chava and claimed to be a superfood.

We can't afford all the supplements I need to survive. We get me Omega-3 and Vitamin C for now, and start working on figuring out how to feed someone so sick they can barely move. We come across The Stuff in the cupboard. It's nondescript powder and claims to be a superfood, we have some yogurt and I can just about swallow a thick paste, but chewing is at the edge. Fuck it, go for it. What the hell else can we do?

Oh. It's delicious. THAT'S weird.

Oh. It has enough of what I need that I'm covered for all but the vitamin C, actually. Even if there are other, secret deficiencies. That's ... exactly what I need.

It's been some days now. I have a scoop of this stuff in a small pile of yogurt every day, and I am rapidly recovering. It's been MONTHS since I've been able to stand up and do dishes on my own. Hell, I can rarely prepare my own food. Two days in a row, I've been able to do some dishes and cook my own food. Stand up without vertigo. Feel my fingers at all times. Insane. So, tonight, just before I tab over here, I decide to look up how much this stuff costs, because there's a lot left still but I kind of want to make sure I have it in stock. I have a fondness for it, given that it literally probably saved my life, and I'd very much love to get more.

80 dollars a bag. It's bougie celebrity health food protein shake bullshit. I cannot get more. But we got it from a food bank. A fucking food bank. For free. No money.

Whoever donated that to the food bank is, bizarrely, a fucking saint. Bougie health food is normally poison to a truly poor person. But this? This is shelf-stable nutritionally-dense supplement that tastes actually good. Could not have gone to a better home, actually, because I otherwise might be bedridden now.

Just. Wild shit.
Quote from: ein Gefrorener Würfel on February 25, 2024, 09:04:48 PMGlad you found a nice place. I'm also fine currently.

Had to move a year ago because rent was getting high (>60% of my income after taxes etc..).
Am now living in a smaller flat in a smaller town. Landlord is a "Genossenschaft" (online translators tell me the correct translation is cooperative (society)/collective. "Genosse" means comrade, so maybe comradeship). It means the Genossenschaft owns the flats, but also only consists of all the renters. So, the rents are just high enough to pay for staff and upkeep, no profit for some investment company.

Also I've defended my PhD last Thursday. Finally finished that chapter.

Nice to meet you! I am very much about finding competitive nonprofit methodologies in all markets. Sounds like an interesting concept.