News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Started by Cramulus, January 25, 2009, 05:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

if we had the gumption to THROW that party, I bet we could make a fucking KILLING.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on January 29, 2009, 08:34:59 PM
The problem here is that you're equating "the psychedelic hippie techno/trance/dub scene" with "a good party".

if you don't hate the music, it is.

at least, the ones i've been to.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple "Dave" Zero on January 29, 2009, 08:28:04 PM

also I kind of expect the psychedelic hippie techno/trance/dub scene to do something in 2012, they're good at throwing parties.

No, they're not.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

All I know in regard to the world potentially ending in 2012 is that I sure as Hell intend to be at 15X-Day :lulz: in Brushwood....
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NARF! on January 29, 2009, 08:38:52 PM
Quote from: Nigel on January 25, 2009, 11:29:51 PM
I think 2000 had more superstitious crazies attached to it, and nothing happened then.
delayed one year reaction? :lulz:

I won't even begin to delve into the reasons why this comment highlights your intolerable stupidity. It works on so many levels.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple "Dave" Zero on January 29, 2009, 09:25:27 PM
The problem here is that you're equating "the psychedelic hippie techno/trance/dub scene" with "a good party".

I dunno, even at Burning Man I tried to go to some of the clubs and my gut reaction was "GET ME OUT BEFORE I LIGHT IT ON FIRE".

The music, collectively, was kind of nice as a loud background throb, but up close and personal I wanted to make it die.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on January 25, 2009, 09:18:26 PM
I like the Daniel Pinchbeck approach.  So many people believe something will happen, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.  All it will take is the right person, at the right place, with the right message and that potential discharges into something real.

Having just read his new book... I find his model very interesting, but the conclusion leads me to think he may be drinking a bit too much of the ol' Yage.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: The Mormons Will Begin Arriving By Bus on February 03, 2009, 06:32:40 PM
Quote from: Triple "Dave" Zero on January 29, 2009, 09:25:27 PM

I dunno, even at Burning Man I tried to go to some of the clubs and my gut reaction was "GET ME OUT BEFORE I LIGHT IT ON FIRE".

The music, collectively, was kind of nice as a loud background throb, but up close and personal I wanted to make it die.

It depends. I'm not familiar with a lot of techno, etc. but getting into it somewhat. The HAPPY HAPPY SPARKLE DANCE stuff is really not for me, and for the most part annoys me immensely.

Drum and bass, though, I like. The harder the better. And Omar Santana's KILL KILL ANGRY SEX HATE music makes me happy.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I could really get onto this 2012 thing. Especially if most of the information and silliness we spread is totally self-contradictory. The best thing to cause an apocalypse is to have lots of various groups gunning for one at precisely the same time and fundamentally at odds with each other about how and why it will happen.

For instance, you can spread the Maya take, the McKenna take, the Sitchin take, and various blatant misinterpretations and bastard intermarriages thereof. I personally like the idea that the Reptoids that seeded life on earth live on the planet(oid) Eris, which will (nearly) hit earth on December 23, 2012, and that the orbit of Eris was aligned this way in order to coincide with the infinite expansion of novelty on earth, which is tantamount to a localized Omega Point, which the Reptoids plan to use because they wish to {harvest,save} our {souls,energy,information processing capability,gold} in order to save their {race,atmosphere,dying king,air conditioning system}.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

I am highly incredulous as to the idea that the world will end in 2012, but I have to admit that some of the signs are there...possibly....
After all, The Book of the SubGenius predicts that the end of the world will be prefigured by an "econo-cataclysm". Additionally, the fact that the new president is so charismatic and personable, and that everybody treats him as if he was the messiah raises the possibility that he might be the Anti-Christ.

So Here's my prediction:

IF the world is going to end in 2012

THEN we will see more and clearer signs of the apocolypse before then

Specifically, I believe that, if the world is destined to end in 2012, then the sign to look for is that the Gulf Stream will disappear before the end of 2009, and this time it won't come back (there have been documented cases where the Gulf Stream has disappeared, but so far it has never been disrupted for more than a little bit over a week). This will prevent the Gulf Stream's usual effects on climate, and Without the heat that is usually conveyed there by the Gluf Stream, northern Europe will be plunged into the "Fimbulwinter" predicted to prefigure the world's end by ancient Norse mythology.

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well, certain of my ancestors, who according to legend are actually descendants of the ancient Mayans (having fled to the north after a large-scale butchering of the engineers and priests) predict that this, which is the fourth world, will end with massive earthquake and volcano activity, heralding the start of the fifth and final world. This is to take place sometime soon I think, but I mean, without a calendar it's hard to say. I can't remember how many generations it was supposed to be.

Tempest Virago

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 29, 2009, 09:25:27 PM

Yeah, but then they start spinning glowsticks and poi and it's all downhill from there.

Cain

By the point the music actually starts, half the partygoers will have been abducted by 'elves' or be tasting the sound of the music anyway.

Its amazing how much better drugs can make a shitty playlist.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Broken AI on March 07, 2009, 11:36:46 PM
QuoteFor instance, you can spread the Maya take, the McKenna take, the Sitchin take, and various blatant misinterpretations and bastard intermarriages thereof. I personally like the idea that the Reptoids that seeded life on earth live on the planet(oid) Eris, which will (nearly) hit earth on December 23, 2012, and that the orbit of Eris was aligned this way in order to coincide with the infinite expansion of novelty on earth, which is tantamount to a localized Omega Point, which the Reptoids plan to use because they wish to {harvest,save} our {souls,energy,information processing capability,gold} in order to save their {race,atmosphere,dying king,air conditioning system}.

OMG HAX!

YOU STOLE MY MIND!

:lulz:

Actually, I just looked into the future at this post and copied the bit you quoted from me to insert into my original post. It beats having to think up all this crazy shit myself.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Are there any plans to convene at the Brunswick Shrine on 2012? :mrgreen: