News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

What is it with all the 20-something drones?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 05, 2011, 08:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Jenne on May 06, 2011, 08:49:00 PM
@trippin: WAIT!  I thought you broke up with that dude...did I miss something?  :?

Just looked back at what I wrote and I did word it a bit funny....but, oh yea, that asshole (that caused the problems with my parents/my life/me) is LONG gone. Still rewiring some of the residual kinks (not like that) leftover from dealing with it all but things are looking up. Been with an awesome, supportive guy for almost 6 years now. He's the one that encouraged me to reconnect with my family and while there have been a few bumps along the way (I think may have posted here freaking out after probably the one big fight we have had), things are going good  :)

The way I wrote things started with my circustances with him and getting out on my own, but wrapped up with my current situation. I can see how the lines kind of blurred though since I was trying to write everything without going on forever (which I did anyway, heh) so it didn't make things very clear.  :oops:
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

On the flip side... I don't think the traditional American career/work/life balance is all that healthy for anyone. If a generation of drones is what it takes to force corporations to change, then maybe its not so bad.

Here's an email I got today from one of our conference partners:

How to Engage and Motivate What's in It for Me Generation

Like it or not, the youngest generation is changing the workplace - even if makes you feel like you're in need of a cultural overhaul!

Sometimes they'll drive you crazy with their need for self-fulfillment, entitlement, conflicts with your dress code or meaningless fashion statements, and demand for constant feedback and attention.

Learning Objectives:

By attending this training session on working with the younger generation, you will learn how to:

* Speak their language - while adapting your communication style without pampering
* Deal with employees who don't want to pay their dues
* Be aware of itchy feet and their need to leave your for greener pastures
* Manage employees with a need to self-manager without turning them off
* Make their work environment welcoming and fun
* Prevent the generation gap from ruining your career if you don't know how to lead the "Me Generation"
* Apply management training and business etiquette programs to groom future leaders and get younger workers ready to represent your organization with the professionalism that you need
* Manage an employee who has hit the glass ceiling when it comes to raises and promotions
* Look past and accept the differences between Generation Y and the rest of your workforce population
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson