News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Big as a house

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, July 10, 2011, 06:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

(Sorry for the self-indulgent tripe. I haven't written in over a year and I'm rusty. Seems like a good starting point.)

Every Sunday at ten am
the kids go away
and I fall apart.

No, this is what happens;
I make him bacon and coffee
and we say goodbye to the kids
and we we go back to bed
and make sexytime
then we drive up the Gorge
to go hiking.

Or we just hang out
and get a little work done
and get a little stoned
and play Civillization.

That's how it really goes.
But for the last four months
after my children leave
I sit at my desk
with a fist of grief
as big as a house
inside my chest.

I am trying to figure out
what my heart is holding onto
so hard.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Ow, Nigel.  Just... ow.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on July 10, 2011, 10:08:17 PM
I've become pathetic.

No...  Not really.  You've identified the question.

Write the next verse.

Answer it.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Luna on July 10, 2011, 10:13:08 PM
I've become pathetic.

Write the next verse.

Answer it.

or better yet leave it open
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Luna

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on July 10, 2011, 10:25:13 PM
Quote from: Luna on July 10, 2011, 10:13:08 PM
I've become pathetic.

Write the next verse.

Answer it.

or better yet leave it open

For the sake of art, the thing can be left open.  For the sake of Nigel, though, she needs to resolve it, I'm thinking.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Yeah.

And it takes time to grieve a loss, ANY loss. A lot more time than society seems to allot for these things.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Luna

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on July 11, 2011, 12:51:00 AM
Yeah.

And it takes time to grieve a loss, ANY loss. A lot more time than society seems to allot for these things.

You're not kidding, Anna.  Even when the guy has been an utter shit, and you SHOULD be happy he's gone (talking in general, here, not taking a swing at Mr. Language or anyone else), it takes time to get over...  Sometimes, you're not getting over HIM...  You're getting over the person you'd hoped he was.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I guess it's only been four months.

And for a year, we were inseparable. We practically lived up each other's butts. Our relationship has more private in-jokes than I have with most of my friends, some of whom I've known for over 20 years.

Where is my concubine? Where, where, where?

I know what I'm hanging on to. I'm hanging on to the potential we had. The potential of being romantic partners in life with my best friend. The potential of being with someone who knew me that intimately and still loved me; I could think his thoughts, he could feel my feelings.

We never had a chance.

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on July 11, 2011, 01:07:13 AM

And for a year, we were inseparable. We practically lived up each other's butts. Our relationship has more private in-jokes than I have with most of my friends, some of whom I've known for over 20 years.

I know what I'm hanging on to. I'm hanging on to the potential we had. The potential of being romantic partners in life with my best friend. The potential of being with someone who knew me that intimately and still loved me; I could think his thoughts, he could feel my feelings.

We never had a chance.

It'll take time.  Give yourself the gift of that time, figure out exactly what it is you were missing...  THEN go find it elsewhere.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on July 11, 2011, 01:11:05 AM

We never had a chance.

It'll take time.  Give yourself the gift of that time, figure out exactly what it is you were missing...  THEN go find it elsewhere.

It's not what we were missing so much as that we got together too close on the heels of his last relationship, and I have insecurity issues. The combination was poison. By the time he was ready to really commit to the relationship I was so neurotic that I could no longer see it.

Bad timing, really.

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on July 11, 2011, 01:15:51 AM
Quote from: Luna on July 11, 2011, 01:11:05 AM

We never had a chance.

It'll take time.  Give yourself the gift of that time, figure out exactly what it is you were missing...  THEN go find it elsewhere.

It's not what we were missing so much as that we got together too close on the heels of his last relationship, and I have insecurity issues. The combination was poison. By the time he was ready to really commit to the relationship I was so neurotic that I could no longer see it.

Bad timing, really.

Regret the timing, grieve the loss.  Understand what went wrong, and try not to make the mistake again.

Me, I've been pretty careful not to get involved again anytime soon, coming off a relationship that lasted close to 15 years...  Anybody I'd care enough about to get involved with does not deserve the mess that I've been the past year and a half.

But, I'm getting better.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, I think it's going to be a while for me too.

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on July 11, 2011, 02:32:50 AM
Yeah, I think it's going to be a while for me too.

Take the time.  No sense making the mistake he did, be ready for something new.

Doktor Howl

I've become pathetic.

Naw.  If you're still feeling emo in June of 2012, THEN you can think you're pathetic.

Dok,
STILL isn't all the way over The Girl, and it's been 25 years.
Molon Lube