News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 21, 2015, 06:32:54 AM
Well fuck, I think my old blind dog is dying. And I have a midterm tomorrow morning and classes all day until 10pm.

This is shitty timing. Shitty, shitty timing.

:cry:

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 21, 2015, 03:08:42 PM
A German/Australian shepherd mix. He's still alive this morning, still not looking good.

The kids who are still at home are 12 and 15 and they've dealt with some losses. They understand.

Beautiful dog.

May your classes not be wasteful and your dog's passing be easy.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Thank you. I'm trying not to stress about it because I also want to do well on this test, but, well...  :sad:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

No installment on Dirtbags today.  I am too pissed off with HR at the moment to write.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 21, 2015, 04:30:20 PM
No installment on Dirtbags today.  I am too pissed off with HR at the moment to write.

I'm guessing they wussed out, sided with Lillie.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 21, 2015, 04:16:16 PM
Thank you. I'm trying not to stress about it because I also want to do well on this test, but, well...  :sad:

I'm sorry Nigel :(  Even when it's expected/for the best (in terms of suffering)/etc., it's never easy. Doubly so when trying to focus on other important things in your life.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

trippinprincezz13

While, I am enjoying the read so far, ugh that sucks. Guess along the lines of what LMNO said?
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

LMNO

Nigel, I'm really sorry to hear about your dog.  I hope there's not much pain.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 21, 2015, 05:28:03 PM

I'm guessing they wussed out, sided with Lillie.

You could say that.  They in fact dumped my complaint, told her about the complaint and the fact that they'd spiked it, and are now ignoring the frantic complaints of every enemy Lillie has (except me, see below), as Lillie institutes bizarre and otherworldly rules in an attempt to provoke insubordination for the purpose of firing said enemies.  Why not?  She's bulletproof.

I have stopped complaining, because 1) it isn't working, and 2) HR is in my opinion using Lillie to reduce headcount in a way that places most of the liability on Lillie (and the lawsuits would be a fraction of operating costs and severance anyway), so that the plant can be shut down with minimum severance.  They have, no doubt, made promises to her concerning her own particular future, and while she is not stupid, she is blind in some ways and probably believes those promises.

I can't prove any of this, but I can smell it.  And it's the only solution that fits all the facts (why she wasn't removed after refusing to retire, etc).

So now the stakes have changed.
Molon Lube

Vanadium Gryllz

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 21, 2015, 06:19:01 PM
New motives brought to light.  Interesting.

More along the lines of previously unrecognized motives. 

This goes all the way back to Jim getting shitcanned, I think.  The plant was in trouble back then, and Jim wouldn't play this kind of game for any price, whereas Lillie would do it just to get revenge for everything on everybody and tell us WHAT.  Plus (I imagine) promises of a position elsewhere, away from the shitty little backwater border town she hates.

I could be in full blown operational paranoia mode (Richterian rather than brain flukes), in fact I know I am, but it's useful for brainstorming, so long as you don't make large decisions while you're thinking that way.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you're wrong.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

As far as I understand it, the worst they could do would be to badmouth you to your new job.  But that seems fruitless.

It occurs to me that you might have mentioned a page or so back that your new job was lined up.  I know you want to leave your compatriots in a decent state, but if what you're saying is true, you should probably tell them to jump ship now, along with yourself.