News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Occupy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Unlike Day of Rage, I kind of like the occupy movement. I predict lots and lots of arrests and actual disruption. What do you guys think about Occupy?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

I heard about this on the radio. I'm rather surprised that this is actually happening, and I am eagerly awaiting the tales of mass disruption.

QUICK, place your bets on how long it will be before the propaganda machine tries to connect the Occupiers to terrorism!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on October 02, 2011, 04:23:06 PM
I heard about this on the radio. I'm rather surprised that this is actually happening, and I am eagerly awaiting the tales of mass disruption.

QUICK, place your bets on how long it will be before the propaganda machine tries to connect the Occupiers to terrorism!

The moment they realize the problem is too large to ignore it, there will be accusations of terrorism, and also most likely some horrific violence which will be blamed on the Occupiers. I predict a bombing. This will be used to "justify" extreme police violence against the Occupiers.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Yesterday? I'm sure some wingnut already did and just nobody paid attention to them yet.

Also, what exactly is the difference between Day of Rage and OccupyWallstreet/Everywhere?

I got the idea that one sort of flowed from the other?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on October 02, 2011, 05:01:47 PM

The moment they realize the problem is too large to ignore it, there will be accusations of terrorism, and also most likely some horrific violence which will be blamed on the Occupiers. I predict a bombing. This will be used to "justify" extreme police violence against the Occupiers.

I'll agree with that.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 02, 2011, 05:05:14 PM

Yesterday? I'm sure some wingnut already did and just nobody paid attention to them yet.

Also, what exactly is the difference between Day of Rage and OccupyWallstreet/Everywhere?

I got the idea that one sort of flowed from the other?

Yeah, the occupy thing seems to have emerged out of Day of "Rage".

Cainad (dec.)

A Day of Rage is such a silly idea.

There needs to be a Forever of Rage, and it needs to be effectual, disruptive rage.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on October 02, 2011, 06:20:34 PM

There needs to be a Forever of Rage, and it needs to be effectual, disruptive rage.

The name was stupid. It was already an ineffectual protest, made ridiculous by choosing such an absurd name. Rage? THAT WAS NOT RAGE.

Cain

It was...for people who grew up with "Rage Against the Machine" as their symbols of resistance.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on October 02, 2011, 06:29:17 PM
Quote from: Cainad on October 02, 2011, 06:20:34 PM

The name was stupid. It was already an ineffectual protest, made ridiculous by choosing such an absurd name. Rage? THAT WAS NOT RAGE.

DAY OF MILD TO MODERATE DISPLEASURE, EXPRESSED AS POLITELY AS POSSIBLE!

:sotw:

PopeTom

This is making the rounds on Facebook in regards to reporting on Occupy Wall Street.

-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Elder Iptuous

i just found on this Zero Hedge article showing pics of the protest, that Fox News has a live feed of the protests, but it's not showing much right now.

Also, there's a reddit thread where some Marine veterans are planning on joining the protestors to protect them from police.  It appears that the OP and 15 other Marines are going, but more in the thread said they would join.  if there becomes a sizable group of Marine veterans standing off with police, that could get interesting....

maphdet

I think it's brilliant.

Not that it will solve anything or whatnot but this will at least (i hope anyway), get people used to grouping together.
I think most of the citizens in the states were fed up and ready for something like this prior to 9-11 but then that tragedy shocked and slumbered the citizens back into a slumber. I hope they are waking now.

Im going to Occupy Tampa on Oct. 6th.
I think the Every one should try to make it out to one of these. It's going viral all over-kinda like a lol cat on the tubes. :)

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I'd go to Occupy Portland at noon at the Waterfront this Thursday, but I have class.

I'm definitely going to swing by if it's still going on when I get out though.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

the last yatto

sleeping in the park is harder then it looks
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit