News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Official Favorite Tumblr Thread

Started by Salty, March 04, 2014, 12:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Now, THIS is what tumblr is for...

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR PLUMBER'S BUTT.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 03:05:32 AM

I like the guy with the prayer hands. He's just at the END OF HIS ROPE. And about to SAY SOMETHING. :lol: I might need to  make  him my emote.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

So, lots of people on this site are having a bad time.

I have the solution.  The final solution, if you will*.  A completely deserving target you can vent all your anger on.  Ladies and gentleman and truscum and cis-scum alike, I present unto you: a tumblr user wishing death on a kid with cancer.  Because he's privileged

*This is a lie.  But everything sounds more dramatic when described as the final solution.  Trust me, I am an expert on dramas and solutions.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 13, 2014, 06:16:21 PM
So, lots of people on this site are having a bad time.

I have the solution.  The final solution, if you will*.  A completely deserving target you can vent all your anger on.  Ladies and gentleman and truscum and cis-scum alike, I present unto you: a tumblr user wishing death on a kid with cancer.  Because he's privileged

*This is a lie.  But everything sounds more dramatic when described as the final solution.  Trust me, I am an expert on dramas and solutions.

I can't see that site on this comp, but it seems to be the logical end-result of the privilege thing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Wait, found a way to get to it.

Quotei hope brandon boyer dies

just this whole thing is fucking disgusting

the condition of one white dude being treated as somehow worthy of the attention and money of complete strangers, as if this is a good charitable cause to contribute to

fuck brandon boyer and fuck anyone who gives him money

(i don't blame boyer for having cancer and i wouldn't blame him for appealing to friends or family for help with the treatment and coping with it, my problem is with making it a giant public event, as if he's a saint who deserves the love and attention of everyone it's disgustingly privileged)

That's kind of amazing.  It's a self-parody.  It's what tumblr was meant to be.

Cain

Edit, I see you saw it.  Yeah, it's about the worst thing I've seen outside of neonazi sites and similar.

I can only hope to hell it's a parody.  But my low estimation of humanity tells me it's not.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 13, 2014, 06:21:07 PM
Basically, there is an article about how these people are selling a bunch of games for $25, with the money going to the kid's recovery fund, with any additional money going to cancer research.

Our wonderful example of humanity wanders by and states:

Quotei hope brandon boyer dies
just this whole thing is fucking disgusting
the condition of one white dude being treated as somehow worthy of the attention and money of complete strangers, as if this is a good charitable cause to contribute to
fuck brandon boyer and fuck anyone who gives him money
(i don't blame boyer for having cancer and i wouldn't blame him for appealing to friends or family for help with the treatment and coping with it, my problem is with making it a giant public event, as if he's a saint who deserves the love and attention of everyone
it's disgustingly privileged)

See above post.

And this is our Brave New World.

Cain

They've replied to the hate they've been getting thusly:

Quotehahaha man i'm too tired for this shit i'm gonna go sleep
if you're here to dump flames and hate on me you outta go take a nap it's okay a person on the internet said a mean thing about a person you like but it's okay, it'll be okay, it'll be fine

I'm more suspecting of a troll, but again, Poe's Law....

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 13, 2014, 06:27:45 PM
They've replied to the hate they've been getting thusly:

Quotehahaha man i'm too tired for this shit i'm gonna go sleep
if you're here to dump flames and hate on me you outta go take a nap it's okay a person on the internet said a mean thing about a person you like but it's okay, it'll be okay, it'll be fine

I'm more suspecting of a troll, but again, Poe's Law....

Having spent a week on tumblr, I don't think it's a troll at all.

Cainad (dec.)

I really need to create an alternate tumblr so that I can roll in the mud a bit. My current one is mainly just a little nerd-space for idle amusement.

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 03:05:32 AM

From Tumblr:

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

It took me 15 minutes to realize there were a bunch of guys with beards in that photo.