So, as my job winds down into a chaotic bucket of insanity poop, NEW INSPIRATION

Started by Doktor Howl, March 11, 2015, 03:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 11, 2015, 04:11:57 AM
It occurs to me that I have no urge to bow out gracefully.

And indeed, it can only get better from here. For a given value of "better".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ben Shapiro

The Wizard Joseph

I really hope that's a scarf dragging behind him. This pic I want on my office wall.. if I'm ever doomed to office work anyway.

Sometimes grace is just not the CORRECT way. Fuck em!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 11, 2015, 04:24:26 AM

And indeed, it can only get better from here. For a given value of "better".

Lillie has sensed a difference, much as a caribou might sense a tiger nearby.  By which I mean, she knows something has changed, but has no experience with the results of the change.  I no longer give a fuck if I work here, and I am not bothering to hide it.

She is apparently used to people being paralyzed by fear for their job.

In any case, she informed me this morning that I wasn't qualified or capable of doing some very simple tests.  I told her that I was, that it was in fact my job, and if this was a problem then we should just call HR right now.  I had a smile on my face - maybe a GRIN, come to think of it, and she wasn't mentally prepared for the reaction in general.  I don't think she's "beaten" or even "intimidated", but she can't find the ground under her feet.  She is under an immense amount of stress, and the additional stress brought on by what might seem to be a crazy person running maintenance has put her off balance.

I am become Shiva, Destroyer of Arse Biscuits.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Metal Bear on March 11, 2015, 02:21:58 PM
Move to Texas God's Country!

If I leave this state, which I will not, I will be heading Northwest.  Only Portland offers me the type of job I'd need, and the sheer level of fucking weirdness that I require to survive.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

All is chaos.  All except the immaculate glass hallway in which I stand, observing said chaos.  It's like it's a TV show or maybe a bank of monitors like in the Heath Ledger Batman movie.  Everything around me is quiet, and I am absolutely fascinated by the ruckus and by the fact that I had allowed myself to care about said ruckus for so many years.
Molon Lube

LMNO

So... is Lillie just a bad person, or is she more obliviously living in a self-deluded/centered world of her own creation?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 11, 2015, 04:42:57 PM
So... is Lillie just a bad person, or is she more obliviously living in a self-deluded/centered world of her own creation?

She is a moral sump and a micromanaging control freak.  She finds it absolutely unnecessary to be courteous.

Example:  This morning, I was describing the means by which to troubleshoot compressor 419.  She interrupted 6 times, one of which times she asked the safety guy what I should do.   The safety guy has zero (0) knowledge of air compressors.  He just sat there embarrassed, it being very obvious that he had just been used as a tool in an attempt to humiliate me.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I wasn't humiliated.  I was amused, and decided right there and then to quit.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 11, 2015, 05:12:55 PM
I see massive explosions and fires in the future.

Nope.  I'm just gonna let the experts handle things, if you catch my drift.
Molon Lube