News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

12 Steps of Hivemind

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, July 03, 2010, 01:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

1.   We admitted we were powerless over artificial light - that our lives had become unmanageable.
   2.   Came to believe that reason must be abandoned.
   3.   Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of Hallucination as hivemind understands it.
   4.   Made a searching and hivemind moral inventory of ourselves.
   5.   Admitted to hivemind, to ourselves, and to a human vegetable on life support, the exact nature of our wrongs via interpretive dance.
   6.   Were entirely ready to suck veiny driftercock to have hivemind remove all these defects of character.
   7.   Humbly asked hivemind to remove portions of our brain.
   8.   Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to lick the anuses of even irredeemable shitnecks.
   9.   Made direct lingual contact with the pink puckering poopnozzles of such shitnecks wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
   10.   Continued to take personal inventory and when hivemind was wrong, hivemind was too incompetent to realize it.
   11.   Sought through writing letters to the Tooth Fairy and sitting for long periods looking serene as fuck, to improve our conscious contact with Hallucination as hivemind understood it, writing only for knowledge of hivemind's will for us and the wireless Tesla power generator to carry that out.
   12.   Having had a smug level power-up of +1 as the result of these steps, hivemind tried to carry this message to artificial light, and to practice these principles every time the queen bee's odors diminish.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

DiscoUkulele

You shouldn't let poets lie to you.
                                 - Bjork

frogsicle

:mrgreen: Not sure I entirely get it, but I am pretty sure it's a insult to bees ants and other naturally hive minded critters to be compared to humans acting mindlessly. Nice.
"There are beans in my... beans!!"

Cain

Very nice.  I've thought for a while these guy's program needed to be targeted a little more, but couldn't think of a way to go about it.  This works very well.

hooplala

Yeah this needs to be spread around, a lot of people just swallow 12-step programs without questioning what is behind it.  I criticized AA one night at a party and had two ladies ready to string me up... "IT WORKS!" was their basic argument to everything I said.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on July 16, 2010, 06:07:36 PM
Yeah this needs to be spread around, a lot of people just swallow 12-step programs without questioning what is behind it.  I criticized AA one night at a party and had two ladies ready to string me up... "IT WORKS!" was their basic argument to everything I said.

12-steppers are an afront to the Blood God.
Molon Lube

Richter

"IT WORKS" also justifies lobotomy, half ass car fixes, many forms of government, and otherwise senseless laws.

Khorne will be brought his fill.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Freeky

Quote from: Hoopla on July 16, 2010, 06:07:36 PM

I saw some statistics once, don't know if they were any good or even where I got them from, that said that 12-step programs had about as much success as going cold turkey alone. Also, isn't AA big on God and Jesus and all that?

LMNO

AA was born from a 6-step Christian program.  It still has all the signifiers of religion.

Also, the dropout rate of AA is extremely high.  Those that remain are the ones that it works for.

To quote Anchorman, "60% of the time... it works every time."

AA self-selects for the people who it will work for.  Which is a smaller overall total of drunks in the world.

AFK

I put 12 step programs in the category of "if nothing else is available".  Whether that means it physically isn't available or you can't afford it.  But 12-step programs don't really hold much of a candle to a practice that is evidence-based. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Freeky

Quote from: LMNO on July 16, 2010, 07:41:33 PM
AA was born from a 6-step Christian program.  It still has all the signifiers of religion.

Also, the dropout rate of AA is extremely high.  Those that remain are the ones that it works for.

AA self-selects for the people who it will work for.  Which is a smaller overall total of drunks in the world.

That was it.

Also, Anchorman! Lol!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have a powerful loathing of the Cult of AA and its ilk. My mom started going when I was about 12, and while she did indeed quit drinking, she adopted a whole host of other horribly dysfunctional behaviors, all thoroughly supported by the AA culture. It's fucking rotten, through and through. She made me go to Alateen and Al-anon meetings for years, and I hated all of it.

They have this whole elaborate structure set up to justify themselves and demonize everyone else, ESPECIALLY people who control their alcoholism without them. They call them "Dry drunks". The whole chip, and falling-from-grace thing, too... I always thought that it was fucked up that someone could be sober for ten years and then have a glass of wine, and "lose their time". Have to "hand in their chip". WTF is that? Total mind-control cultist bullshit, is what. I could see it's a hierarchical, self-serving system that treats adults like children when I was a child myself, and it sickens me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on July 16, 2010, 07:41:33 PM

Someone already linked this in another thread, but it's somewhat relevant:

http://lesswrong.com/lw/lr/evaporative_cooling_of_group_beliefs/

(Also, it's just good stuff so if this extra link makes someone read it who might not otherwise, its extra good)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.