News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

Obese Third Grader Taken From Parents.....

Started by Dysfunctional Cunt, November 28, 2011, 06:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 30, 2011, 09:53:17 PM
BTW Khara from your last post and your first ITT, you're a really great mother. Just needed to say that :)

Agreed!  She sure is.  And under extreme duress this whole time in her personal life, as well.

I have to say, being a parent is a fucked up thing and a glorious thing at the same time.  Most do it by accident, and it changes your life forever.  If you don't treat it serious enough, it can ruin more than just your own but another human being's forever.  And doing it right all the time is next to impossible--because what other relationship do you think you have where you are perfect all the goddamned time?

There's a strange, medieval part of me that wants folks to EARN the rights to their kids when I hear of the neglect, abuse and downright dumbfuckery the general populce perpetrates on the kids of the earth day after day, moment to moment.  I wouldn't trust 85% of them with my dogs, why would I trust them with a human life that is vulnerable and can't fend for themselves?

But then, what right do I have to decide such things?  None.  But as a collective, we can demand that there are safeguards, preventives and incentives to keep us all on the "do less harm" track when it comes to caretaking and teaching our kids.

By the way, it IS the responsibility, as GOOD parental practice, to teach kids how to survive life and live it well.  But how many of us out there really think folks in general know these things THEMSELVES?  Were taught them THEMSELVES?  Or are not too selfish to say AW FUCKIT and skip the work it takes to do it altogether for their kids?  When you work 100 hours/week, for less pay, are strung out and worried, baking bread and cookies in the kitchen like gramma used to do is not a priority.

I'm not saying these things aren't important--we've just shifted in our priorities to the point that we've un-selected the skills that no longer seem relevant but are indeed still important especially once they are gone.

So like everything else in this day and age, though the spirit is willing (and studies have shown, parents everywhere really DO want the best for their kids--I just question if they know what that is or how to manifest it), the flesh is entirely too weak, undereducated and not well-rested enough.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Jenne on December 01, 2011, 01:40:32 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on November 30, 2011, 09:53:17 PM
BTW Khara from your last post and your first ITT, you're a really great mother. Just needed to say that :)

Agreed!  She sure is.  And under extreme duress this whole time in her personal life, as well.

Thank you both!  :D

East Coast Hustle

Most of this thread is concentrated extract of dildos, but THIS:

Quote from: Nigel on November 29, 2011, 07:36:50 PM
Taking a child from their family is very extreme. However, it is completely, painfully clear (especially if you read other articles about this) that the parents had ample time, opportunity, and assistance to help their son, and failed to do so. The county wasn't even involved, from what I can tell, until the kid started rapidly gaining back the weight he had lost. The mother tries to blame genetics because both she and the father are overweight... that doesn't hold a lot of water. The kid DID lose weight last year, so that demonstrates that it's probably not a medical condition.

My ex's family is definitely predisposed to chubbiness, which I am pretty sure is largely because they are THE least active people I have ever known. Wonderful people, but absurdly sedentary, with an apparent aversion to moving around, and a tendency toward gluttony. My ex tried to tell me that he was just genetically fat, and I couldn't help laughing; he might be genetically lazy and gluttonous, though. My oldest daughter also hates activity and loves food, and she'd probably be severely overweight instead of just slightly chubby if I didn't keep a pantry full of healthy, boring snacks, cook healthy meals, and make her walk everywhere. The other two are athletic little rails.

One of the stupidest quotes in that whole article is "It's a lifestyle change and they are trying to make it seem like I am not embracing that. It is very hard, but I am trying."

BULL FUCKING SHIT.

It's NOT "HARD", YOU ARE JUST A LAZY, SPOILED ASSHOLE. "Hard" is working as a longshoreman or running a marathon or climbing a mountain or competing in a triathalon. "Hard" is raising kids alone in a city with one of the highest cost of living ratios and highest unemployment rates in the country without a formal education or any marketable job skills. "Hard" is living under a bridge because you couldn't make your house payments and rents are higher than your mortgage was.

Changing your fucking grocery shopping and cooking habits and going for a walk once a day is NOT FUCKING "HARD". And one year is ample time to ease into it. Stop buying junk food, you fat, stupid, lazy fuck.

is fucking MAGNIFICENT.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

:mittens:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on December 01, 2011, 09:28:15 PM
Most of this thread is concentrated extract of dildos, but THIS:

Quote from: Nigel on November 29, 2011, 07:36:50 PM
Taking a child from their family is very extreme. However, it is completely, painfully clear (especially if you read other articles about this) that the parents had ample time, opportunity, and assistance to help their son, and failed to do so. The county wasn't even involved, from what I can tell, until the kid started rapidly gaining back the weight he had lost. The mother tries to blame genetics because both she and the father are overweight... that doesn't hold a lot of water. The kid DID lose weight last year, so that demonstrates that it's probably not a medical condition.

My ex's family is definitely predisposed to chubbiness, which I am pretty sure is largely because they are THE least active people I have ever known. Wonderful people, but absurdly sedentary, with an apparent aversion to moving around, and a tendency toward gluttony. My ex tried to tell me that he was just genetically fat, and I couldn't help laughing; he might be genetically lazy and gluttonous, though. My oldest daughter also hates activity and loves food, and she'd probably be severely overweight instead of just slightly chubby if I didn't keep a pantry full of healthy, boring snacks, cook healthy meals, and make her walk everywhere. The other two are athletic little rails.

One of the stupidest quotes in that whole article is "It's a lifestyle change and they are trying to make it seem like I am not embracing that. It is very hard, but I am trying."

BULL FUCKING SHIT.

It's NOT "HARD", YOU ARE JUST A LAZY, SPOILED ASSHOLE. "Hard" is working as a longshoreman or running a marathon or climbing a mountain or competing in a triathalon. "Hard" is raising kids alone in a city with one of the highest cost of living ratios and highest unemployment rates in the country without a formal education or any marketable job skills. "Hard" is living under a bridge because you couldn't make your house payments and rents are higher than your mortgage was.

Changing your fucking grocery shopping and cooking habits and going for a walk once a day is NOT FUCKING "HARD". And one year is ample time to ease into it. Stop buying junk food, you fat, stupid, lazy fuck.

is fucking MAGNIFICENT.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

:mittens:

:thanks:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."