News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Think of me as a tool

Started by Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.), February 13, 2007, 01:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

I know a lot of you do anyways. :lulz:

Now I've finished with the Principia Discordia Hardcover (It's at the publishers :eek:), I now have some (work) time to contribute to BIP. I've learned a few bits about formatting and producing PDF's over the last year (publishers are fussy bastards). I mean any bugger can make a PDF, but if you're going to do it, why not make it a well formatted one, less chance your target market will shit-bin it out of hand too.

If BIP articles were produced to a specific format, with margins, a gutter, etc, you could go straight to (not-for-profit) paper publishing. The advantage to an agreed format being that you can combine seperate peoples work in one volume without the thankless and tedious task or re-formatting every damned article. Just a thought.

And as always, I offer my services as a b/w vec'd graphic artiste.
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

LMNO

The Machine,Ñ¢ pamphlet is actually laid out wrong, it has an odd number of pages.

Could you fill it out to an even number, and maybe throw in some illustrations?

kthnxbye.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

:lol: Can you give me a .doc to work from?

Mangrove

hey syn'!

i have nothing to contribute just yet. though i would like to see more scridware.

:D
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

AFK

I think this is a good idea.  We should devise a format and then sticky the sucker here and at the prop board.  And then, of course, get to work.  I have a snow day tomorrow so I know I plan on doing some writing. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Quote from: synaptyx on February 13, 2007, 02:50:17 PM

Sure. There's one at this website you might have heard of... www.poee.co.uk

Cain

One of the artists here should maybe come up with some sort of heading or symbol.  Just so it looks cool.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: LMNO on February 13, 2007, 02:56:27 PM
Quote from: synaptyx on February 13, 2007, 02:50:17 PM

Sure. There's one at this website you might have heard of... www.poee.co.uk
Hmmm, seems familiar. Just thought you might have been working on an updated version.

LMNO

Naw.  I've got too much shit on my plate, and we haven't even begun the re-writes.

I just figured you could make some of the text larger to expand by a page, and then everything could fit together properly.  As it is now, I don't use the page of graphics, as much as I would like.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Let me know which one's you're going to illustrate Syn, so we can split the workload.

And Syn, you're not a tool, you're a finely tuned instrument.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: Netaungrot on February 13, 2007, 06:18:28 PM
Let me know which one's you're going to illustrate Syn, so we can split the workload.
Will do.
QuoteAnd Syn, you're not a tool, you're a finely tuned instrument.
Heh. ;)

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

LMNO

Cain

Triple Zero

:mittens:

but i would make the letters "BIP" a bit clearer to read.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.