News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Tattoos

Started by Enrico Salazar, December 05, 2005, 03:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Suu Fett on February 21, 2008, 07:23:03 PM
Quote from: LMNO on February 21, 2008, 07:15:33 PM
I can't believe they made a comic book out of that shitty movie.
  \
:mullet:

...You have no idea how many times I've heard that.  :argh!:

That's exactly why I said it.  Mr Suu had better get used to that particular refrain...

Richter

Quote from: LMNO on February 21, 2008, 06:44:54 PM

I was thinking more trompe l'oil, but that might work, too.

I had to google that.  I imagine the shading would be quite tricky.

Pre - Google, I assumed this was some form of body modification done with carfeul application of acid. (Following your idea for depth.  Currently researching the controlability / healing of chemical burns.)

Quote from: triple zero on February 21, 2008, 06:49:34 PM

i don't wanna be original, it's the ouroboros! one of the oldest symbols out there. adding a moebius strip to it would just take away from it, IMO.

Don't put it on your body then.  :)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Triple Zero

Quote from: triple zero on February 21, 2008, 06:49:34 PMi don't wanna be original, it's the ouroboros! one of the oldest symbols out there. adding a moebius strip to it would just take away from it, IMO.

because a tattoo is required to be original?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on February 21, 2008, 07:24:18 PM
Quote from: Suu Fett on February 21, 2008, 07:23:03 PM
Quote from: LMNO on February 21, 2008, 07:15:33 PM
I can't believe they made a comic book out of that shitty movie.
  \
:mullet:

...You have no idea how many times I've heard that.  :argh!:

That's exactly why I said it.  Mr Suu had better get used to that particular refrain...

He works at a video game store and runs around with my geek circle. I think he'll be fine. The idea they came up with last night was ridiculous, I just hope he goes with it. The artist's idea is insane and will kick much ass.

Quote from: triple zero on February 21, 2008, 07:29:06 PM
Quote from: triple zero on February 21, 2008, 06:49:34 PMi don't wanna be original, it's the ouroboros! one of the oldest symbols out there. adding a moebius strip to it would just take away from it, IMO.

Don't put it on your body then.  :)

It depends on what the person wants. I have fucking STAR WARS designs on my legs!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Eve

Yes. I made damn sure that the woman symbol and f-holes exist NO WHERE ELSE in the world except for my body. Troof.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Anonymously Evil on February 21, 2008, 07:37:46 PM
Quote from: triple zero on February 21, 2008, 07:29:06 PMbecause a tattoo is required to be original?

Yes. I made damn sure that the woman symbol and f-holes exist NO WHERE ELSE in the world except for my body. Troof.

ok, to help you with your quest, if i ever encounter your f-hole somewhere, i'll be sure to plug it up then.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

Quote from: triple zero on February 21, 2008, 07:43:10 PM
Quote from: triple zero on February 21, 2008, 07:29:06 PMbecause a tattoo is required to be original?

ok, to help you with your quest, if i ever encounter your f-hole somewhere, i'll be sure to plug it up then.

:lulz:

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Eve

Quote from: triple zero on February 21, 2008, 07:43:10 PM

:oops:

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO SOUND SO DIRTY AND WRONG?
or right?
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Richter

I'd 2nd Suu's opinion on personal wishes / relevance in ink.

I've still not come up with something I'm sure I want illustrated on myself yet.  
I've also seen (at College, folks here excluded) a good bit of tatooing that was fairly copypasta, so my ideas for myself may be backlash againt that.  
If anything this discussion shown me a more encouraging side to it all.

Edit:  :lulz:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Rebel Bird > Rose flash.

Just sayin'. I'm glad I didn't start getting tattooed until last year. Because what I wanted when I was 17 is sooooo different than what I want now. Star Wars is a ridiculous part of my life when you live a character every other weekend or what not, and I doubt unless something really bad happens, that I'll be leaving the Legion anytime soon.

Jenne

Hey now.  :lol:  I have rose flash and I LURV it!  But I'm always of the opinion that, if you choose something you really love and want to live with, who the fuck cares where it came from, who else has it, or what it symbolizes.  Your body, your tenure in that body, and therefore YOUR choice.

That being said, lovely tatt, Suu!

Suu

Protip: The worst part about getting a tattoo is not the actually tattooing process, it's what comes a week after.  :x

Jenne

Suu

The peeling is so gross too...lol. Mmm, cocoa buttah.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm having a hankering for a tattoo. There's a place up the street that's supposed to be good, and doesn't have quite the wait list of Tiger Lily.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."