News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

Add your eccentric food habits/tips/quirks here!

Started by navkat, October 29, 2008, 09:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

(Request for a sticky status.)

I'll start:

The sea-salt in my house is intended for my salt grinder, but I have recently taken to adding whole sea-salt kernels to other stuff I'm eating: my favorite is to slather cream cheese on a bagel and then sprinkle some sea salt into the cream cheese...soooo yummy. I also add sea-salt directly to my salad and reduce the need to add dressing.

I've been known to put melted butter and ground black pepper on salad though. :(

I eat ripe tomatoes raw...just dip them in a little balsamic vinegar and sprinkle them with olive oil and black pepper.

What quirky foodie stuff do you like?

East Coast Hustle

when I am shitfaced, I like to make a box of mac & cheese and stir in a can of baked beans.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

also, I have never liked pretzels, but I fucking LOVE pretzel rods dipped in coffee ice cream.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

navkat

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 29, 2008, 01:10:45 PM
when I am shitfaced, I like to make a box of mac & cheese and stir in a can of baked beans.

Wow...why don't you complete the circle and add hhot-dogs? Are you afraid you'll implode the space-time continuum?

navkat

When I was in the Navy and standing duty, I'd go to the McDonald's on-base, order a FlickMurray (McFlurry) and some french fries to dip in.

I like odd juxtapositions of flavour and texture: I like to buy pints of chocolate ice cream and when I get to about the halfway point; dump in a shitton of coconut and nuts and lately; sea-salt. Then I miix that shit up into a ball of what-the-fuck-is-that and eat it with a fork AND a spoon.

Maybe that's not THAT weird, but yeah; I def understand that pretzel shit.

Dysfunctional Cunt

I completely understand the sweet and salty combination. 

I would have to say the weirdest thing I eat is pizza rolls dipped in blue cheese dressing, which was an accident one night when I was trashed and then it became a favorite!

Eve

Some people think pineapple pizza (no ham, plz) is weird..  :? (Though I have to say, I think mashed potato pizza is the strangest I've had so far.)
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Suu

Hot sauce and ranch dressing. Separate or mixed. It's the secret to most of my cooking.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

navkat

Quote from: Suu on October 29, 2008, 02:44:54 PM
Hot sauce and ranch dressing. Separate or mixed. It's the secret to most of my cooking.

I make myself a bunch of cream cheese celery stalks and dip that shit in Tabasco and sesame seeds.

Manta Obscura

I eat mayonnaise and pickle sandwiches all the time, which some people think is weird (since when did all sandwiches have to have meat or peanut butter in them?). Also, as a native of Cincinnati, OH, I put chili on EVERYTHING: potato chips, foccacia bread, hotdogs, macaroni, pancakes, etc.

Man, now I'm itching for some Skyline Chili . . .
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Manta Obscura on October 29, 2008, 04:58:01 PM
I eat mayonnaise and pickle sandwiches all the time, which some people think is weird (since when did all sandwiches have to have meat or peanut butter in them?). Also, as a native of Cincinnati, OH, I put chili on EVERYTHING: potato chips, foccacia bread, hotdogs, macaroni, pancakes, etc.

Skyline chili tastes like cloves to me.  Otherwise, we put chili on a lot of stuff here in STL too.  Chili-Mac is available in most locally owned restaraunts as well as chili over chips (usually homemade).  MMMMM

OH YES another one of mine - homemade potato chips with chili and blue cheese sauce that has pimentoes, green onions and chopped habenero.  ZOMG it is soooooo good.

Iason Ouabache

I like to add Worcestershire sauce to my stuffing/dressing.  Especially if the stuffing is dry.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Khara on October 29, 2008, 05:05:42 PM
Quote from: Manta Obscura on October 29, 2008, 04:58:01 PM

Skyline chili tastes like cloves to me.  Otherwise, we put chili on a lot of stuff here in STL too.  Chili-Mac is available in most locally owned restaraunts as well as chili over chips (usually homemade).  MMMMM

OH YES another one of mine - homemade potato chips with chili and blue cheese sauce that has pimentoes, green onions and chopped habenero.  ZOMG it is soooooo good.

Holy hand-jobbing Hepzibahs . . . that sounds epic. You have to give your recipe for homemade potato chips. My life cannot be complete without making this dish, now.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cainad (dec.)

Any kind of blue cheese + something else = :D

No, this isn't me being "intentionally weird" by professing my love for cheese. I really do enjoy the kinds of cheese that make many people gag.

And I totally hear ya, navkat, about the salt. I have a strong preference for kosher salt. For ++JEW, I spread butter on a plain matzoh and sprinkle kosher salt on it.